Online Shut Down 10/31/2020

DEI2EK

6 hours ago, I000_NeedIes said:

Are the leaderboards, redeem code feature, and WB Play functionality offline now? If these features are offline, and people are still earning scrap for the challenge, then maybe the scrap challenge isn't connected to the server shutdown after all. If all features are still online, it's too early to tell.

That's what I've been saying.

• Like 1

Even right now, there's still uncertainty on if scrap crews will continue to work. I hope they do and no one is locked out. Either way I'm glad I played it safe and got the challenge out of the way before server closure, because I ignored this game for a long time and I liked it quite a bit when I was working on these challenges. I'll be going back soon for the platinum. 

• Like 4

Thank you to the original post for letting us know this was a possibility even if it ends up being possible to achieve I feel better safe than sorry, also thank you to the various people that added info on how to get the camps and tips on various challenges, got the plat yesterday, really enjoyed the game but felt a bit paranoid about some of the challenges for long stretches!

3 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Just checked this morning (6 am EST) and scrap crews still getting scrap.

42 minutes ago, Aceterix said:

Thank you to the original post for letting us know this was a possibility even if it ends up being possible to achieve I feel better safe than sorry, also thank you to the various people that added info on how to get the camps and tips on various challenges, got the plat yesterday, really enjoyed the game but felt a bit paranoid about some of the challenges for long stretches!

Can you guys confirm if WBplay features still work? If they don't then scrap servers might keep working.

As of time of posting this message, I earned 500 scrap from both strongholds that I have unlocked. 

WBplay connection still seems to be working as well as redeeming codes. I did not find the learderboards so don't know if these are still up.

From what I can see, servers are still up and running so we can't really confirm if Scrap Crews are related to the servers or not at this time.

Edited by PatTheTrophyHunter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kanzenchaos said:

Can you guys confirm if WBplay features still work? If they don't then scrap servers might keep working.

Agree with Pat below (above?) Everything seemed to still be working last night which makes it unclear whether the servers just haven't gone off yet or if in fact scrap crews will continue to work...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aceterix said:

Agree with Pat below (above?) Everything seemed to still be working last night which makes it unclear whether the servers just haven't gone off yet or if in fact scrap crews will continue to work...

If leaderboards from Magnum Opus mode of the races challenges still work, than the server is still up.

Edited by Guardian_owl

6 hours ago, Trophy-QTR said:

I think the servers are offline

I just logged in to collect my scraps and didn't get anything

last time i logged in was over 12 hours ago

now I think I can't get the platinum because I am missing 1200 scraps for divided challenge

Unfortunately you can't plat this game then

Congratulations to the 1,413 players who earned the platinum in the month of October during the Great Mad Max Plat Race! :yay:

It will be interesting to watch the numbers and see how many more people platinum this game in the months to come. I truly enjoyed my time with this game and thanks to all who posted helpful advice. And sorry to the people who got the server closing memo late. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Congratulations to the 1,413 players who earned the platinum in the month of October during the Great Mad Max Plat Race! :yay:

It will be interesting to watch the numbers and see how many more people platinum this game in the months to come. I truly enjoyed my time with this game and thanks to all who posted helpful advice. And sorry to the people who got the server closing memo late. 

Yeah, I think the people that will be achieving the Platinum later will have to be extra cautious with scavenging locations and avoiding the 190/191 glitch. If they got the two online challenges already and have their save backed up, they'll be fine.

But if they try to rush through it and have it glitch on them, they're screwed.

I'm curious why people got the server closing notice late -- what were they doing instead? Why did they wait the week of closure to start on the game for example?

12 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I'm curious why people got the server closing notice late -- what were they doing instead? Why did they wait the week of closure to start on the game for example?

For me, I was away from the forums since the end of August and focusing on platting Ghost of Tsushima. Got the plat on Sunday and came back here to decide which game to play next, then I saw the threads about the Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max server closures.

I was already too late to complete the two online challenges, but I thought I still had time because I switched up the closure dates for these games. I realized the confusion yesterday when people started reporting they were no longer getting scraps. Not a good way to start the week, haha.

5 hours ago, Eblait said:

For me, I was away from the forums since the end of August and focusing on platting Ghost of Tsushima. Got the plat on Sunday and came back here to decide which game to play next, then I saw the threads about the Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max server closures.

I was already too late to complete the two online challenges, but I thought I still had time because I switched up the closure dates for these games. I realized the confusion yesterday when people started reporting they were no longer getting scraps. Not a good way to start the week, haha.

Ha! Me too! I was also trying to get the Platinum for Ghost of Tsushima and only half way done with the game. It wasn't until the evening of October 20th that I got word that Mad Max servers are closing and since I had the game from Playstation Plus well I went straight to it. Unfortunately I don't know if I got the two online challenges in time. 

Once again WB Game kind of lied on the date of server closure (thou only late by two days). This isn't the first game I've tried to grind constantly before its closure, like Killzone 2, but hopefully I'll get the platinum but not until I've finish the story and get back to Ghost of Tsushima. Which it superiors in every way to Mad Max.

6 hours ago, Pershing24 said:

Once again WB Game kind of lied on the date of server closure (thou only late by two days). This isn't the first game I've tried to grind constantly before its closure, like Killzone 2, but hopefully I'll get the platinum but not until I've finish the story and get back to Ghost of Tsushima. Which it superiors in every way to Mad Max.

WB is full of shit, and the people who responded on social media are basically just there to respond to concerns and questions. Take it all with a grain of salt. I found that out the hard way after dealing with Comcast customer service, one of the worst companies out there.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

I just rushed the game to the part where i got the 2 challenges done ... and backed up the save everywhere i could :')

So now i have all the time i want to just finish this game and finally get the plat :) (yep ... another game in my backlog with all online part done, and now need to do the solo part XD)

Next step is Shadow of Mordor, before end of the year ^^

• Like 1