Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

1 hour ago, Alos88 said:

You think the crash gods started that good? Hell no. The only difference between them and the people that start petitions about games being too hard is that they didn't give up.

Yeah right, anyone can do it. So quit moaning, dont give up and become one. 

It is so easy blaming it on the giving up excuse. This platinum will separate boys from men as someone said earlier and thats it. 

Let's implement that level of difficulty to every game!Then people will go away from obtaining trophies!

I'm just trying to be objective in this case - Platinums shouldn't be easy (e.g. Telltale or Ratailka Platinums are a shame) but on the other hand, is it still fun when Platinum is so ridiculously hard, intentionally?

I'm off this topic now, as apparently I'm in the minority, so thanks for the discussion.

26 minutes ago, Bykovsky7 said:

I'm just trying to be objective in this case - Platinums shouldn't be easy (e.g. Telltale or Ratailka Platinums are a shame) but on the other hand, is it still fun when Platinum is so ridiculously hard, intentionally?

Just get good.  There's nothing wrong with an occasional difficult platinum

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Again, going from one extreme to another...

Did I mention anywhere that games should be easy like Spyro is??? No I didn't.

Instead of admit that they went a bit too far with the platinum difficulty, for some people it's better to say "Go PlAy SpYro InStEaD!!!11".

Anyway, here is a confirmation that the first platinum achiever in Crash Bandicoot 4 is a QA tester at Toys for Bob.

https://twitter.com/bladeblur/status/1312579141191966721?s=20 twitter.com/bladeblur/status/1312579141191966721?s=20

I’m frankly a ‘very average’ player skill wise. I just don’t give up easily. I don’t typically go for the next hard challenge game after game, but I can definitely see Crash 4 being a lot of fun. 

You have nothing on your trophy account apart from maybe one or two games that I consider to be impressive. 

If this hurts you that much that the difficulty is too high, wait for a Youtube guide of people getting those relics. 

Nobody said you needed to finish this game in under a week. Take your time. If the game is too hard for you, take a break or just admit defeat.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, thedarkness91 said:

snip

You make a lot of good points here and admitted you’re a long time fan of Crash Bandicoot. 

But I’m just going to have to disagree with the notion that this game is already too hard for most. Well it is hard, but people are jumping to conclusions. Crash 4 from what I have seen so far isn’t as crazy difficult as Super Meat Boy and some of those other hard as nails indie games. I would say Crash 4 is far from that. 

This is still a new game, but people are already jumping to conclusions here that they can’t and won’t get all the trophies. This platinum wasn’t meant for everybody. 

For me, I’m just going to wait for Youtube guides to come out and then I’ll judge from a scale of 1 to 10 how hard this game is. 

I say it’s a good thing this is a hard platinum, because there are far too many EZPZ games that people here have taken full advantage of. Then they discover a game that is a lot harder than they thought they would be, and they’re already jumping on the relics for being too hard. 

My advice for new trophy hunters is leave the game if it’s too frustrating, then come back and try again. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

So, you just have to get good?  Wow!

?? seems to be the key!!

Cortex Castle N. Sanely Perfect Relic went down this morning, so I'm comin' for that Platinum. Still would say this game is going to be around 9/10 or 10/10 difficulty for most (my opinion!).

19 minutes ago, KristophDJHero said:

1f602.png1f602.png seems to be the key!!

Cortex Castle N. Sanely Perfect Relic went down this morning, so I'm comin' for that Platinum. Still would say this game is going to be around 9/10 or 10/10 difficulty for most (my opinion!).

Do you think the purple dev time relics are required for the platinum? Because going for the Platinum Time relics shouldn't be an issue with practice, but the purple relics on the other hand... ?

Edited by RolePlayingPuji

33 minutes ago, RolePlayingPuji said:

Do you think the purple dev time relics are required for the platinum? Because going for the Platinum Time relics shouldn't be an issue with practice, but the purple relics on the other hand... ?

I don't think they are. I think they are just bonus times that you can shoot for if you're a total master of the game. The ghosts for those times pull off lines that are just unfathomable to me LOL they cruise through the levels at light-speed.

As an example I just pulled a 1:50.85 (Platinum Relic) on Cortex Castle and the TFB time is 1:34.19. It hurts my brain to think about how you'd even save more time on this level ?

EDIT: I watched Demulant do it in 1:25.51 and now I firmly believe anything is possible

Edited by KristophDJHero
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

he knows some still unknown shortcuts/cheese mechanics in the gameplay that make the plat more manageable,

Since he's a YouTuber, it'd be nice to see him post his strats eventually, and see how the speedrun community improves upon them.

I do agree with the one poster, the only thing that feels truly off is the difficulty of the middle stages, you end up with like 10 stages that are similar to difficulty to the final stages in N. Sane trilogy.  But I think with the Pass N. Play thing they are ok with casual players dying a lot.

As far as the trophies, has anyone confirmed the difference between 100% and 106% yet?  I'm assuming when you Pause on the map and it shows your progress that that's everything for 100%? So the only things not being tracked there are Dev time relics and skins?  Like when you beat a boss in N. Verted mode you get a new skin, but this isn't tracked in the Pause menu.  I'm sure Dev time relics aren't required, but if that only leaves skins not sure there's enough extra to make up 6% progress.

Also, apparently some people got the 106% ending trophy but not the 100% ending trophy.  I'm wondering if you collect everything to get 106%, but you don't beat the game again at 100% if you are now locked into the 106% ending making the 100% ending trophy missable.  That would be quite said if it happened to someone.

Edited by Stommped

2 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Since he's a YouTuber, it'd be nice to see him post his strats eventually, and see how the speedrun community improves upon them.

Or maybe he just knows glitches, like the Overachiever one I've seen in the other thread, but will let them into the open only after people have pulled off every single hair trying to do it legit lol

Edited by Brightblade76
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, offdutysuperhero said:

the reason why we had participation medals in sports for kids, and kids are taught that they are "special" feel like the world owes them favors, and complain about everything.

Damn millennials.

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

That’s why #BlackLivesMatters exist

You've completely lost me, I have no idea where the connection is. But it's probably best we don't discuss it.

I can't believe people are condemning the game already and it hasn't even been out a week. To the people in this thread that are complaining about it, just chill the F out. Wait for the pros to do their thing and break the game down. Once the strats are up on YT this game will become much easier, provided you're willing to put in the practice.

1 hour ago, jonesey46 said:

Damn millennials.

You've completely lost me, I have no idea where the connection is. But it's probably best we don't discuss it.

I can't believe people are condemning the game already and it hasn't even been out a week. To the people in this thread that are complaining about it, just chill the F out. Wait for the pros to do their thing and break the game down. Once the strats are up on YT this game will become much easier, provided you're willing to put in the practice.

I haven't bought the game, just share played with a friend and those complaints here are insane. Some people take Trophies in a new serious level. For me personally I play games to enjoy it and If I want to platinum a game which takes a little bit challenge I have to go through. This is no MP type skill based game were other people are involved. It's just me and practicing. 

There will be videos online where people show there platinum runs. Some people only play 5 min plats and they are annoyed because a jump n run game takes skill. People. ENOY those games. Some people are getting annoyed or are frustrated because of stupid hitboxes etc. but COMPLAINING doesn't help. Get better or stop caring about this platinum and move on.

I'm excited for this game and NO trophy will destroy my love for this or any game. never forget to enjoy playing video games. It doesn't matter if it's skill based or not.

Happy playing or hunting folks.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 1

This was a fun post to read through. 

As someone who's never played the Crash games, based upon everything I'm reading, the best way to describe Crash 4 is it seems to be the Crash Bandicoot Game to End All Crash Bandicoot Games. I watched over what they advertised during some of the State of Play's and came away super impressed with the amount of content from the inverted levels and essentially given people who adore platformers a mainline in the modern age specifically crafted for them.

It makes sense to me why they'd want the platinum to only be for those who maximize everything. Crash isn't as mainstream as he was say 20+ years ago so this title isn't going to get the coverage of a God of War or Last of Us, but if you love these games - this feels like it'll be a lot of peoples Game of the Year given how busy it'll keep them if they adore this genre.

I think it's really cool to have such a popular game have a really rare platinum too. Look at the top 10 most active games(according to PSNProfiles) by platinum rates.

* Rocket League (21% platinum)

* Crash Bandicoot 4 (0.02% platinum - obviously cuz it's brand new but I expect it to be sub <2%)

* Fall Guys (1.87% platinum)

* Ghost of Tsushima (50% platinum)

* Mafia: Definitive Edition (20.68% platinum)

* Rogue Company (8% platinum)

* Mad Max (7.12% platinum)

* Marvel's Avengers (4.60% platinum)

* The Last of Us Part II (32.30% platinum)

I think the impassioned responses to two hugely mainstream games (Crash Bandicoot 4 & Fall Guys) is evidence of responses we can expect for future releases to platinums that are going to be ultra rare quality. I think it makes for a cool counter to the typically easily obtainable mainline Sony game(Spider-Man, Tsushima, etc...)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, realm722 said:

As someone who's never played the Crash games, based upon everything I'm reading, the best way to describe Crash 4 is it seems to be the Crash Bandicoot Game to End All Crash Bandicoot Games.

Let's hope that part isn't literal!

6 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

I see that plat is still at 0.02% rarity but each single trophy has a higher number of achievers (edit. the most rare one has two achievers, don't know if the second one is a developer too).

PunishedGranny is not a dev. He is just one insane gamer. I'm not surprised in the slightest that he already got the this trophy. 

• Like 2

I don’t suppose anyone can comment on how this compares difficulty wise to the platinum in Pac-Man Championship Edition 2?

I was a Nintendo gamer for the longest time so don’t have much frame of reference for the “out of 10” difficulty ratings on platinum trophies however Pac-Man CE 2 had a similar narrative around it. It’s just not clear from reading if Crash 4’s conversation is down to the sheer amount of content that’s a little tricky you need to complete or if it’s straight-up “6-4” from Pac-Man level difficulty (or harder) for 200 levels?

Edited by Tsundokuist