Online Shutdown DID Affect Trophies

GamingWithFlacy

On 10/13/2020 at 7:33 AM, Arcesius said:

Pretty sure he means this one: 

image0.jpg

I dunno anything about the game so won't comment any further 1f605.png

This is completely a canned email, fill on the blanks and modify some basics to fit the customers concern. I doubt they looked into the intricacies of the trophies, and as they send your response to the team, it will land in a database where it will be completely ignored as no one is devving the game anymore. They are shutting off even server support, there won't be any future updates to the game. When you follow this and fuck up your platinum, you can complain and get another email just as pre-written about how they are sorry about any inconveniences you experienced, but won't do a single thing to make it better. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

This is completely a canned email, fill on the blanks and modify some basics to fit the customers concern. I doubt they looked into the intricacies of the trophies, and as they send your response to the team, it will land in a database where it will be completely ignored as no one is devving the game anymore. They are shutting off even server support, there won't be any future updates to the game. When you follow this and fuck up your platinum, you can complain and get another email just as pre-written about how they are sorry about any inconveniences you experienced, but won't do a single thing to make it better. 

Yep, as anyone who has done some work on "customer service" will know, this has the "we are not gonna care or do anything but we pretend to take you seriously so you will hopefully buy our next product" all over it.

• Like 3

Oh yeah, reminds me of this, be advised, there was a lot of back and forth in between because, well, it actually never worked and I am not pasting all of those "give us this information, give us that information" chatter.

DnL2tu4.png

2MQXhWo.png

Edited by dev2610
Images went missing

I just  had The Choke glitch out on me registering 7/8 tanks destroyed even though I have gone through and destroyed all 8 tanks. I walked back to make sure. I emailed support and they replied with this:

WB Games Support (WB Games)

Oct 13, 2020, 11:32 PM EDT

Greetings Jay,

My name is Arxan and I'm happy to help. I understand your interest in the challenges to be unlocked after the server closure. I truly appreciate your feedback in regard to these challenges since there is very important to achieve the completion of the achievements. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue that does not allow you to continue with all the achievements.

Please note that as the servers for Mad Max will close on October 31st, 2020 one trophy will be partially discontinued unless you've already met some of its requirements. The Up to the task trophy requires you to complete all non-repeating challenges in the game. Although Mad Max is a single-player experience, two of the challenges in-game, A Penny Saved and Dividend, require validation from the Mad Max servers. Once these servers go offline, you'll no longer be able to unlock the trophy, unless you've already completed those two particular challenges.

In order to earn these achievements please notice in the game you will find enough people to speak with, inside the four territories. These people are denoted by a purple circle on the map. To finish these achievements you will require

• A Penny Saved - Earn 500 scrap from Scrap Crews.
• Dividend - Earn 2000 scrap from Scrap Crews

The two challenges relate to the Scrap Crews earning you scrap. These work as basically idle clickers ticking over and earning you scrap while you are offline. Scrap Crew challenges require access to the server in order to accrue scrap over time.

Also, please review the map and check if you have some camp showing '0/1 scrap'. If so, please search all the containers in this area even if you have previously cleared the area. This may prompt a message to collect the scrap and unlock the relevant trophy.

Some other users report that were missing the scrap located to the left of Chum Buckets hideout. Double-check if you have collected that one. You may find useful information in online game forums and community sites for the game.

While I do not have any additional troubleshooting steps for you to try at this time, I have forwarded your bug report over to the developers. Please note that while bug reports will not receive a response, they are reviewed by our developers and they will use your information to investigate and assist with resolving this issue in a future game update. 

For new issues please open a new ticket and if you have questions regarding this issue I will be happy to help further.

Warm regards,
Arxan
WB Games Support
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheme.zdassets.com%2Ftheme_assets%2F2020143%2F037bea31535340f8f4dca89afa79203d6da05270.jpg&t=1602770648&ymreqid=d45811e6-4b06-6a22-1c75-9a0003014d00&sig=2cTB_JdQX8AOtqOSgeXIVw--~D Follow us on Twitter! @WBGamesSupport
  • Like 1

A lot of people mention about backing up the saves to USB/Cloud.. is this necessary outside of your system blowing up?

Yikes, sorry about the Choke, I haven't done that yet so I'm going there right away. I've heard that if you uninstall the game and reinstall it and load your save it can cause the missing items to reappear.. you might wanna try that?

8 hours ago, Jproche44 said:

Please note that as the servers for Mad Max will close on October 31st, 2020 one trophy will be partially discontinued unless you've already met some of its requirements. The Up to the task trophy requires you to complete all non-repeating challenges in the game. Although Mad Max is a single-player experience, two of the challenges in-game, A Penny Saved and Dividend, require validation from the Mad Max servers. Once these servers go offline, you'll no longer be able to unlock the trophy, unless you've already completed those two particular challenges.

So confirmation that the original CS response was incorrect.  So now that I know I'll need to get this done soon, can someone tell me roughly how long it takes to get to the point where I can do the Scrap Crews stuff?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SonneeD said:

So confirmation that the original CS response was incorrect.  So now that I know I'll need to get this done soon, can someone tell me roughly how long it takes to get to the point where I can do the Scrap Crews stuff?

Took me about 3 hours to unlock the first 2 scrap crews.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SonneeD said:

Awesome, I think I'll try and get this started today then.

Could probably do it quicker as I wasn't rushing for it. I dont think getting all 4 scrap crews going would take too much longer and definitely make the challenge go quicker, but I haven't bothered as Im busy working on AC:Odyssey DLC in the meantime. Couple more days and I should have it done.

Edited by gruffiiti

I'm seconding what @gruffiiti told you. Took about 3 hours for me to unlock two scrap crews and I wasn't giving it any particular focus. The two crews deliver roughly 400 scrap combined per day. So after I unlocked them, I've just logged in each day and collected the scrap. Now that I've gotten the challenge completed, I saved into multiple save slots on the file and backed up my save on USB. 

One more thing to check on is to make sure the amount of scrap locations you've looted matches up between the challenges menu and the statistics area in the settings. It should be pretty reliable unless you die very shortly after finishing off collecting the final scrap in a location.

• Like 2

With regards to things disappearing in the game, before you panic, try closing the game down and restarting. I had a similar instance with a mine field, dog was barking and no matter where I went it wouldn't appear, spent 10 minutes looking, thinking I was screwed. I closed the game, re-opened, went straight back and there it was.

Also had the well known issue where you need to clear a camp of all enemies and there was one left, I left, came back and there he was cheering at the sky.

Keep a tally of scavenging locations, emblems and scarecrows, just make sure it tallies. I created the following when I was working towards this, maybe it will help:

t9aFKv7.png

fyaa1wf.png

eglDjri.png

VHcQbEg.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, sweeping-lamp3 said:

I just read on Reddit that the trophies may be okay after the shut down.

There might still be some hope for any players who may not have started the game yet.

I guess we'll find out at the end of this week.

That has already been debunked and proven that the Support people at WB, don't have a clue what they're talking about. Once the servers close, the Scrap Crews will go bye-bye and take the Platinum with them. Also, the 31st is a Saturday and it's very rare for server closures to be carried out at the weekend, therefore the more likely closure date is Monday, Nov 2nd but we will know for sure this weekend.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 0:43 PM, HuntingFever said:

That has already been debunked and proven that the Support people at WB, don't have a clue what they're talking about. Once the servers close, the Scrap Crews will go bye-bye and take the Platinum with them. Also, the 31st is a Saturday and it's very rare for server closures to be carried out at the weekend, therefore the more likely closure date is Monday, Nov 2nd but we will know for sure this weekend.

I remember VERY clear Starhawk was shutted down on a Saturday. I only needed a couple of hours to get the online trophies and BUM, it went bye bye. (I didn't even sleep that day thinking the same you wrote). Who the heck wakes up on a SATURDAY morning and goes to the server offices and shut down an online server?! Don't rely on that, I seen it and I felt it and I cursed it!

Edited by AnGEIHisPANo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

I got the game when it was free on ps plus but never started it good thing I didn't played looks like garbage.

well that sure is a different opinion, but it definitely doesn't look like garbage, few glitches aside, the game is very well built, story is interesting, the combat is a nice variation on the Arkham free flow, the car combat is very satisfying and it does good to the brand name

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AnGEIHisPANo said:

I remember VERY clear Starhawk was shutted down on a Saturday. I only needed a couple of hours to get the online trophies and BUM, it went bye bye. (I didn't even sleep that day thinking the same you wrote). Who the heck wakes up on a SATURDAY morning and goes to the server offices and shut down an online server?! Don't rely on that, I seen it and I felt it and I cursed it!

I did say it was rare for servers to close on a weekend, not that it was unheard of so there is a chance they will go bye-bye tomorrow.

The challenge clearly requires the server to register and I haven't even played the game. Anyone who thinks it's going to still be obtainable would believe that the word "gullible" has been removed from the dictionary.

May I remind people that this is the same Warner Bros who, when Gamespy was shutting down, told people that FEAR 2 would remain online "because it's p2p", and the second Gamespy shut their services you suddenly couldn't get into the server. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AnGEIHisPANo said:

Most game servers are running on cloud providers nowadays, it's just a matter of hiring a service for the given game and setting an automatic expiration date.

18 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

The challenge clearly requires the server to register and I haven't even played the game. Anyone who thinks it's going to still be obtainable would believe that the word "gullible" has been removed from the dictionary.

May I remind people that this is the same Warner Bros who, when Gamespy was shutting down, told people that FEAR 2 would remain online "because it's p2p", and the second Gamespy shut their services you suddenly couldn't get into the server. 

Yeah, I'm skeptic this game servers will remain online. Support staff don't have a clue what they're talking about.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hotrod_felix said:

Nevermind, I tried with all 4 scrap crews working. Had 1512/2000 for the dividend challenge. 

Let it for rest since October 28th and today when I was pretty sure I would be fine, the counter gone backwards to 873/2000 ??.

So, I quit!

Counter has dropped for me three times here wtf. So much unneeded stress. 

Anyone know the timezone for when the server is shutting down? It’s 31st in my country. 

1 hour ago, Eraezr said:

Sheesh, sorry to hear that man, I REALLY know the feel. I was close to get but the counter insist to go back to zero. I've dropped this for good. Only if the rumours that the trophy will still be obtainable after the closure confirm, I'd give it a go.

Perhaps everyone must SCRAP that out of plat list. Sorry, pun intended even been so p...ed hahha

Counter has dropped for me three times here wtf. So much unneeded stress. 

Anyone know the timezone for when the server is shutting down? It’s 31st in my country.