Damnation valley not free with pass???

steel6burgh

so i go to download the new Damnation Valley map and it want 6.99?  I bought the season pass they have all been free so far.  Why do i have to pay for this?

Edit:So after looking into this deeper they only included 3 maps with their over priced garbage season pass.  this is beyond ridiculous to have to pay $7.00 for one shitty repetitive level that looks like all the rest.  I have a feeling there are many more to come all priced $7 each.  Horrible anybody looking to buy this game I'd recommend waiting for a complete edition on sale a year from now if you don't want to get soaked for $7 a level the next year.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

so i go to download the new Damnation Valley map and it want 6.99?  I bought the season pass they have all been free so far.  Why do i have to pay for this?

Edit:So after looking into this deeper they only included 3 maps with their over priced garbage season pass.  this is beyond ridiculous to have to pay $7.00 for one shitty repetitive level that looks like all the rest.  I have a feeling there are many more to come all priced $7 each.  Horrible anybody looking to buy this game I'd recommend waiting for a complete edition on sale a year from now if you don't want to get soaked for $7 a level the next year.

You could buy the year 2 pass alternatively which costs another 35 bucks. Prizes in this game are just riddiculous

Man, I am glad I havent bought the game yet. Currently playing the trilogy and the 4th installment is on sale right now.

The Surge and Borderlands 3 did the same in selling you a supposedly full package just to drop some more paid content later on. Hopefully this doesnt become a trend.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 9:34 AM, Mori said:

Man, I am glad I havent bought the game yet. Currently playing the trilogy and the 4th installment is on sale right now.

The Surge and Borderlands 3 did the same in selling you a supposedly full package just to drop some more paid content later on. Hopefully this doesnt become a trend.

The super deluxe edition of borderlands 3 has every dlc, what are you talking about? Also the surge didn't have a complete edition before, only after the dlc dropped that they made a complete edition. The only 2 examples I can think of that did this are Sniper elite 3 and Rage 2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, othmaneAD said:

The super deluxe edition of borderlands 3 has every dlc, what are you talking about? Also the surge didn't have a complete edition before, only after the dlc dropped that they made a complete edition. The only 2 examples I can think of that did this are Sniper elite 3 and Rage 2

I bought the "complete Edition" of The Surge before the second DLC dropped. The new complete Edition is (was) called "Augmented Edition".

Regarding Borderlands 3

Edited by Mori
  • Like 1

Just wait until there is a huge discount. The price for this season pass or standalone missions is just out of proportion. For €35 I can get a full AAA game 2-3 months after release. I have noticed similar actions with this developer with sniper elite 3 where they had at launch already dlc for which you had to pay separately. Back then nobody complained about the fact that it was not directly included in the main game, which still surprises me. 

Vote with your wallet and don’t buy it at full price. If the players bass drops the game becomes dead and sales will go down which enforces them to rethink their overprice dlc garbage. 

• Like 1

well what is crazy is the season is suppose to have three episodes so its cheaper to buy them each individually than it is to buy the entire season pass.  Regardless I'm getting my 100% as I have 100% on all rebellion games and my punishment for their shitty money grab is goin to be to never buy their games until they are on the $5.00 rack on sale, which they always are!  fuck em!  79.99 for the original game and season pass was a very generous buy on my part for what you get and i won't support them like that anymore!

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

If i buy both season passes, can i get 100% on this game? The trophy list shows 8 DLCs but each season pass says it contains 3 maps, and doesn't specify which. And someone mentioned an upcoming season 3?

I am considering buying since i enjoyed Zombie Army Trilogy, but it's confusing and seems overpriced even on sale

42 minutes ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

There will be a Season 3.

https://zombiearmy.com/en/news/2266

I'll probably wait until they are done with these DLCs. Also, wish they would just make a map pack separate from cosmetics. I don't want any of the other stuff.

Same.
I was about to buy the 2nd season pass but after reading this, i'd rather wait.

Edited by milanbarca82

On 07/04/2021 at 5:42 AM, Helyx said:

Fucking ridiculous.

How? It costs money for people to develop games. Making content for another year for $15 isn't exactly ridiculous. It's either a season pass and a years worth of content, or they have zero upgrades and sell you another $70 game. 

You can't expect a free game and free dlc with no way to make money, they'd go bankrupt.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, theSpirae said:

I think the issue here is the number of Season passes and the actual content. The content included is not "years worth of content", have you actually checked what's included? The fact that the base game has only a few weapons to choose from and the rest is behind a paywall should already give you an impression of their business strategy. Splitting a few maps, short missions, and lousy skins into three separate passes isn't customer-friendly, it's milking the game.

Nobodies forcing you to buy dlc. The full game can be completed for free. Hardly milking the game.

18 hours ago, Deadvember said:

How? It costs money for people to develop games. Making content for another year for $15 isn't exactly ridiculous. It's either a season pass and a years worth of content, or they have zero upgrades and sell you another $70 game. 

You can't expect a free game and free dlc with no way to make money, they'd go bankrupt.

They already have an engine  to develop the games for them in most cases, so it's not as hard as before to make a game and if you're paying 15 for a few maps and cosmetic I think one season pass is good. 

15 hours ago, theSpirae said:

I think the issue here is the number of Season passes and the actual content. The content included is not "years worth of content", have you actually checked what's included? The fact that the base game has only a few weapons to choose from and the rest is behind a paywall should already give you an impression of their business strategy. Splitting a few maps, short missions, and lousy skins into three separate passes isn't customer-friendly, it's milking the game.

Yeah, what you're saying makes sense and like I said it's a bit easier to make games but still hard but for a few cosmetics and a map and short missions 15$ is good for at least 5 maps and a few cosmetics. They are milking it.