My Name Is Mayo 2 Announced

Cobbsquatch

I never played the first one, I only buy games that look interesting to me, and I only platinum games that I love or enjoy So of course, My Name is Mayo doesn't fit that bill.The only super easy platinums I've ever had, are for games that I bought, and then found out after that it was easy to do, like Mekabolt or Mr. Massagy. 

It would be hilarious, if they switched it up and this was like a 10/10 platinum. Click the mayo 10,000,000,000,000 times or something lol. Or maybe it looks like a simple clicker, but it's actually an RPG or Beat-em-up or something. With the infamous aura of the original game, they could use that to subvert expectations of both the game's quality and the trophies. . . though I'm fairly certain that's not what's going to happen.

Edited by A_CYNICS_LOGIC

I don't get it.  Well, that's not true.  I get it, I just don't like it.  If you do, I can't say that I'm not judging because I am, but if you do then I guess hooray for you.  I'm happy though that if I want to play a game, it's because I want to play the game, and that if I go for a platinum, it's because I like the game.

Really pleased with myself that I'm not a person who's excited about this news.

Edited by Cherrywood

7 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

Maybe it's too early in the morning or maybe I'm too dumb, but I don't understand this at all...

It's a meme to describe Internet forum flame wars specifically, but could be applied to console wars or games like Mayo equally.

It's basically people getting ridiculously worked up over what amounts to trivialities. Skub is clearly an insignificant product that isn't worth getting into a street fight over. 

It's particularly hilarious in that, on certain "Internet culture" websites, people pretend to be pro/anti Skub whenever it is brought up, and ludicrousness ensures. 

I thought it was amusing anyway, probably not so much now I had to explain it. ;) 

8 hours ago, Alderriz said:

ketchup spin-offs

INB4 mustard master race.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

Now, why does it matter how many fake worthless virtual points it's worth? Leaderboards? It doesn't matter. Whether you want to put 10 minutes or 200 hours into a game is your choice and you should just enjoy playing the game itself and not care about how many points the game is worth. If all you think about is the number of points a game is worth perpendicular to the amount of time it takes to complete then you'll never get any enjoyment out of games. If this is the way to think of games and trophy hunting, then do yourself a favor and try to just enjoy the games and go for the trophies as fun on the side rather than the main purpose of the game.

You blew up my response in typical fashion. Also, your response contradicts itself. You say "it is your choice and you should just enjoy playing the game itself" Okay... Then you say "do yourself a favor and try to just enjoy the games" I don't lose a blink of sleep over people who play this kind of game. All I stated was my own personal opinion. I wasn't telling people how to find enjoyment through gaming like you were. It's a pay to platinum game. Just like people who don't agree with pay to win games, I don't agree with this type of game. It's flawed and I would love to see how many people would play this game if it didn't have a trophy list. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GinjAJ said:

It's flawed and I would love to see how many people would play this game if it didn't have a trophy list. 

Next to nobody. Trust me very few people would bother playing this. 

Which proves my point in saying at least 40 - 50 percent of people on this website who post on these forums buy these games purely for the trophies, not because of the gameplay.

Pay to Platinum indeed.

Edited by Spaz

28 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Next to nobody. Trust me very few people would bother playing this.

I don't think that's true, I remember ten years ago free flash games like this were pretty common and some were fairly popular. Of course most of them were more complicated than this game and requires more effort to complete them but there was no visible reward for beating those games like trophies, you played it for a few hours until you had accomplished all the goals set and that was it.

Whilst My Name is Mayo cost money unlike those old free flash games, it's so cheap that it may as well be free. So even without trophies I could still see this getting some popularity just due to how strange the concept is.

Plenty of people of course who are playing just to get the easy trophies but there's also plenty who get enjoyment out of playing the games.

25 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

I don't think that's true, I remember ten years ago free flash games like this were pretty common and some were fairly popular. Of course most of them were more complicated than this game and requires more effort to complete them but there was no visible reward for beating those games like trophies, you played it for a few hours until you had accomplished all the goals set and that was it.

Whilst My Name is Mayo cost money unlike those old free flash games, it's so cheap that it may as well be free. So even without trophies I could still see this getting some popularity just due to how strange the concept is.

Plenty of people of course who are playing just to get the easy trophies but there's also plenty who get enjoyment out of playing the games.

I remember Miniclip.com and other websites that had Flash games. Some of them were quite fun. 

The difference between back then and now is people are playing Mayo specifically for the trophies. Some of those Flash games were a bit more in-depth, and while I wouldn’t be surprised to see people buy those games today for nostalgic reasons, more people would play them only for the trophies. 

The problem now is too many people just want to rush games, that’s not restrictive to trophies, that is today’s gaming culture in a nutshell. They want everything handed to them on a silver platter, and if the game requires more time and effort than what people are willing to put in, suddenly it’s the games fault.

Now, if Ratalalika published just one stack for all their games, and you had to actually beat them, I would bet everything a lot less people would be buying them.

Should 36 Fragments of Midnight have a couple levels equivalent to Super Meat Boy levels of difficulty, nope, it’s too hard, I’m not going to buy the game. Yeah, 36 Fragments I’m sure is still a little fun, let’s be honest here. But how many people will buy the game if it had more difficult trophies? Not nearly as many as it got. 

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 0:34 PM, Cobbsquatch said:

Finally... 

If the trailers can be that good imagine the actual gameplay,the trailerwas already perfect imagine the history,I hope they add a pvp on this maybe some multiplayer trophies 

My favorite franchise is back after years of wait to a sequel,this is probably a lot better than one as they waited so long to release

14 hours ago, GinjAJ said:

You blew up my response in typical fashion. Also, your response contradicts itself. You say "it is your choice and you should just enjoy playing the game itself" Okay... Then you say "do yourself a favor and try to just enjoy the games" I don't lose a blink of sleep over people who play this kind of game. All I stated was my own personal opinion. I wasn't telling people how to find enjoyment through gaming like you were. It's a pay to platinum game. Just like people who don't agree with pay to win games, I don't agree with this type of game. It's flawed and I would love to see how many people would play this game if it didn't have a trophy list. 

I don't see how I contradicted myself. I just said you should enjoy games rather than care about how many points they are worth compared to other games. I have a feeling you've read my response in an angry tone which can make it sound like I was going off on you, which I wasn't. I was just writing what came to my head. I'm not going to continue this as I just don't care about this topic and My Name is Mayo.

On 22/10/2020 at 10:57 PM, Spaz said:

I remember miniclip.com and other websites that had Flash games. Some of them were quite fun. 

The difference between back then and now is people are playing Mayo specifically for the trophies. Some of those Flash games were a bit more in-depth, and while I wouldn’t be surprised to see people buy those games today for nostalgic reasons, most people would play them only for the trophies. 

The problem now is... too many people just want to rush games. That’s not even being restrictive to trophies, it's just today’s gaming culture in a nutshell. They want everything handed to them on a silver platter, and, if the game requires more time and effort than what people are willing to put in, suddenly it’s the game's fault.

Now, if Ratalaika published just one stack for all their games, and you had to actually beat them, I would bet everything a lot less people would be buying them.

Should 36 Fragments of Midnight necessarily have a couple levels that are equivalent to Super Meat Boy in terms of difficulty, for example? Nope, and let's be honest, 36FoM must still be somewhat fun. But how many people would buy the game if it had more difficult trophies? Not nearly as many as it got.

Man, I also remember playing Flash games. It's a pity they're dying at the end of this year, but at least most of the truly memorable ones (such as the Henry Stickmin Collection and the Swords and Sandals series) are being ported to PC (and it would be cool if they came to consoles too... one can hope).

But yeah, some of these Flash games had a lot of depth to them. For example, I remember this one called The Last Stand: Union City which was basically an RPG set in a zombie apocalypse. Sure, the idea's not original by any stretch, but it was really good nonetheless. You could create your own character, invest on stats, do sidequests, etc. It would be a game that, with a few more hours of content (because I remember it being fairly short), I would totally play on console.

And indeed, I agree with you that too many people are taking the easy way out nowadays. I mean, everybody plays how they want to, but people are also allowed to crack jokes as they want to. Imagine if developers started to go back to the PS3 standards of trophies... oh, how much upheaval would it cause.

Edited by Eagle

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 4:49 PM, aZombieDictator said:

I hope they make it ridiculous to Platinum. People have enough easy plats. I wanna see the people who live off EZPZs get trolled. 

Imagine if there was a trophy for a billion taps or a trophy for being on leaderboards. Most taps in a given day/week.

I like how your mind works. That would be funny as fu.....fudge. 

On 10/26/2020 at 1:26 AM, CaptainJeff87 said:

A few years ago I would've loved this but truth be told I regret having the first one on my trophy list in retrospect 

Every week there are 2-3 games with quick thirty minute plats so it's just not fun anymore

Not sure where this is coming from. I have really enjoyed all the Rat games and other so-called EZPZ games out there. With the exception of Super Weekend Mode, Slyde and Little Adventure on the Prairie, which were shite.

Four moths ago (OK this was a typo and I meant months but I am going to say moths because reasons) I was about to quit gaming/trophy hunting as there were literally no games I cared about on PS (I like open world RPGs). I literally thought I might get to level 16 on the old PS scoreboard and would then retire forever. 

I changed my mind on that and finally accepted indie games, and I think that the top 20k worldwide is now a possibility for me.

My goal this year is 100 plats, top 50k. I'm well on track. If you haven't cheated, then who cares. My main aim is to motivate myself to get the plats I couldn't be be bothered to get before due to "random game BS". I don't know how I can explain this concept. but I  am sure a lot of you know what I mean. After really enjoying a Rat game, "Just Ignore Them" (much trickier than I planned, most of the guides are wrong), tonight's goal is getting MGS5 as my 75th Plat. 

At the end of the day, all these easier games are readily available and pretty cheap in sales, so unless you are legitimately poor (in which case you probably aren't worrying about your PSN Profile ranking anyway, this is very much a first-world "problem"), it's hardly elitist/shameful to get the trophies from these games.. 

NO NOT MY HECKIN' $1.29 PLATINUMORINO GAMERAMA FROM THE FLIPPIN' PS STOR-ORINO! THAT GETS ME A QUARTER OF A TOASTINO CON AVACADO!

Edited by baboon_overlord

That crap will not be going near my console

On 22/10/2020 at 0:25 PM, VigilantCrow said:

You're inputting an action and getting a result. Honestly all it takes for something to be considered a game.

Better than Clicker Heroes at least, where you automate everything.

Clicker heroes has strategy. Mayo is one button, I wouldn't call that a game. Would you let me kick you in the balls 100x for a platinum trophy? I bet some would and thats what I dislike about 'games' like the mayo one