Uh oh.. PS5 already is having problems.

The_Mighty_Ducks

I mean that's the risk you take when you put your entire career in the hands of platforms like YouTube and a single piece of hardware both of which are 100% outside your control.

It's completely true that early adoption has it's pros and cons, and cons in this situation could take awhile to get resolved due to lack of product.

• Like 3

I haven't gotten all my consoles at launch, but I've gotten like half of them at launch: PS2, Gamecube, NDS, 3DS, PS4, Xbox One and Wii U.

All of these consoles are still working except my original PS2, and that's because my cat pissed on it like a decade later. The NDS also has weird screen issues now but still works.

There's always gonna be a few faulty consoles at launch, and well, there's always gonna be faulty consoles no matter what. I got a super slim PS3 that randomly died in 5 months, and a slim Xbox 360 that died in less than 2 weeks, both brand new, got replacements under warranty for both which still work fine.

I wouldn't worry about this unless it becomes another launch Xbox 360 situation (doubt).

• Like 2

i think people need to understand the gravity of this situation.

firstly just because x or y console works since launch does not automatically mean this one does, nor does it mean the same quality team of engineers who worked on previous consoles, worked on this and it definitely doesn't account for all the technology inside this thing.

a ps2 as good as it was back then, was a mouse in a wheel compared to this thing. So the chances of their being some fault or flaw or even a firmware problem is just as likely as this entire situation being a one-off.

• Like 1

Whether it's at launch or a few years down the line, defective consoles (or any electronics for that matter) will always exist. Assembly lines are not 100% robots, so you got the human error factor. Then, you got potential shipping damages, both from manufacturer to retailers and retailers to customers. 

So, like some have mentioned here, you should wait and see if this issue is widespread once the millions of consoles get to gamers/customers' hand before you panic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N1NJ4_V4MP1R3 said:

He probably dropped it 1f61c.png

All my launch consoles are still working so I wouldn’t panic over 1 reviewer having hardware issues. 

Multiple reviewers are having the same problem. The one I know who is reliable is yongyea. 

But it seems like its not a hardware issue which is why I'm not freaking out. 

Just wondering if they figured it out or even have a clue. I LOVE learning about problems being fixed. I don't know why its satisfying. Like what was wrong? How did they figure out the problem, how did they fix it? Etc..

Edited by The_Mighty_Ducks

15 minutes ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Whether it's at launch or a few years down the line, defective consoles (or any electronics for that matter) will always exist. Assembly lines are not 100% robots, so you got the human error factor. Then, you got potential shipping damages, both from manufacturer to retailers and retailers to customers. 

So, like some have mentioned here, you should wait and see if this issue is widespread once the millions of consoles get to gamers/customers' hand before you panic. 

exactly. doesn't matter if you get it day 1, or day 5000, electronics always have risk of failure. Again that's why i paid 120 for 2yr extended warranty through said store i purchased from. of storage issue happens, i just text the manager and he'll come swap mine out. 

• Like 1

The success rate is going to be 99.9%. There's bound to be some poor soul who gets a defect.  That's with anything.  Out of 1 million consoles that will sell, 1000 will probably be defective, 99.9%. I'd imagine the failure rate being smaller.  I don't think Sony can afford a 360 RROd issue

Edited by grimydawg___