I Made a Better PSN Web Store

NathanielJohn

@NathanielJohn Wow, just WOW!!!!

Your store doesn't even just come in handy in terms of trophy hunters, it does even had all features where $ony one's lacking. I mean, the official one cannot even show screenshots or trailers anymore. The design is really simple (not bloated), easy to use, and comes with all the features I need so that I even deleted my psprices account.

Is it possible to support you in any way with a contribution or maybe support for translations?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Se7en said:

@NathanielJohn Do you plan on adding discount percentage filters akin to Steam wishlist?

It's definitely on the to-do list!

12 minutes ago, DaftenMiescha said:

Is it possible to support you in any way with a contribution or maybe support for translations?

Thanks for the offer! Translations are on the to-do list, but admittedly pretty far down right now (there are a lot of core features that I'm still working on building). I could maybe set up a Patreon if people want to offer support. For now though, the best way to support the site is to get the word out and let me know whenever you see anything wonky that needs fixing :)

• Like 1

@NathanielJohn Great work on this one, I can see this replacing the official store for when I want to browse games. I appreciate the readability of the game titles too, especially when compared to the official store. Being able to see all the titles in one font makes a huge difference to browsing.

If I could make a feature request. When there are multiple pages, would it be possible to add a previous/next button that's in a static position at either the top or bottom of the page?

Sometimes I like to scroll down a list and know exactly where the next page button is instead of navigating via page numbers that are dynamic.

11 hours ago, DaftenMiescha said:

@NathanielJohn Wow, just WOW!!!!

Your store doesn't even just come in handy in terms of trophy hunters, it does even had all features where $ony one's lacking. I mean, the official one cannot even show screenshots or trailers anymore. The design is really simple (not bloated), easy to use, and comes with all the features I need so that I even deleted my psprices account.

Simple is all you need. Most modern websites that are headed by giant corporations are trash. They obviously think massive graphics will attract the masses, which they do. But I prefer accessibility and simplicity over making everything looking visually impressive just to make it look good on your 4K computer screen.

• Like 1

Love the website! Simple to use, easy to navigate, no bloated graphics and most importantly for me, a wishlist again! It took me a little while but I was able to pair up my entire PS4 library and wishlist games I want to keep an eye on. I love the fact I can even keep an eye on other region prices as well.

My only quibble would be the amount of wishlist email notifications. This morning my inbox was hit with over 30 emails of games that went on sale for the Black Friday sale. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love love love the email notifications. I just wish it was condensed into a single email for the sale items instead of 30+ emails. Not sure if it is possible but just throwing it out there.

Keep up the great work @NathanielJohn! I would be interested to help out with a donation, if you ever set a donation page up. Would be well worth supporting this project...

Sorry to everyone I haven't replied to -- lots of stuff added to the to-do list.

On 11/20/2020 at 11:53 AM, Chingon_Player said:

Works better than i thought, but is there an option to fast travel to pages or to go directly to a letter it the "view page" section?

17 hours ago, Goldfire said:

When there are multiple pages, would it be possible to add a previous/next button that's in a static position at either the top or bottom of the page?

Good ideas, I'll clean up the pagination options soon.

11 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

My only quibble would be the amount of wishlist email notifications. This morning my inbox was hit with over 30 emails of games that went on sale for the Black Friday sale.

Yeah, this is a fair point. I'll add a "batch" option to the settings page, so the site groups all discount notifications into one e-mail or some such thing. Added to the to-do list.

3 hours ago, blazkowicz6 said:

Can you add Croatia to the list?  

Eeeep, sorry about that! Croatia is now added, but it'll take a couple of days for its product list to be propagated.

My lord... this is so fast and snappy, especially compared to the abomination that the official store is right now.

I will definitely be using this to look up for games to buy from now on. At least with that I avoid as many steps on the official site as possible.

The only thing that may be a little harder to navigate is the DLCs. With just it's title and no icon I find it less intuitive since I can't tell at a glance what the DLC is. Although at the same time I can see that being a deliberate choice as to reduce the amount of data needed to load to show the page.

Since this site also sends notofications when something is on sale I may switch over from using psprices for that as well.

I didn't check if there was a graph with info on previous sales, though. That info is kinda useful to kinda guess when the next sale may be.

Two new features today:

• You can now search by publisher (either by clicking on the publisher's name on a game page, or by entering a specific publisher name on the search filters when browsing/searching). Searching by developer will hopefully come later, but it's trickier to implement since that information isn't provided directly by Sony (but publisher is).
  • You can now choose to hide games without a platinum in your user settings page (you could already do this on a search-by-search basis via the advanced search filters, but now you can select this as the default).
  • Like 3