Game thoughts

arcanehornet_

6 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Why not just look at your own game library?
Ghost of Tsushima, TLOU2, God of War...all were playable and finished upon release. Patches only tweaked some odd issues, added NG+, or gave more content.

Im sure all of them games had patches to sort bugs or crash problems. Im not just talking about huge problems

Edited by dannyswfc9

Lol, by and large games are fine at release.  Especially single player games.  I say this as someone who preorders games a lot.  The last big release that had some real issues (that I can remember) is Days Gone, and that was totally playable... just had some frustrating framerate/performance issues that were somewhat mostly patched out.

A game like Cyberpunk that gets delayed a few dozen times citing development issues, with several patches coming out before even the day one, and still having a lot of problems, is VERY rare.  It's the exception, not the rule.

Not to mention, in this transitory period between console generations, there are always a few games where the previous gen gets the shaft.  Yeah the game was announced in 2012 and spent most of it's time developed for last gen, but it's a brand new 2020 release.  It spent the most pivotal years of development skirting against the start a new generation.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

You're reaching hard, I can name like 10+ games that came out this year alone that were "finished products" at launch.

So the games you think of never had upates/patches to fix anything? 15 years ago companys never had that luxury

Edited by dannyswfc9

Just now, SiXDenso said:

Maybe on PS4 but the game is awesome on PS5.

It runs well on PS5 but it looks really bad, textures are low res, models are low res, I honestly dont see what people are seeing on PS5 when they say this game looks good, it does not. Not on mine at least, I even deleted the game and I am downloading it again to see if anything was missed during the installation process that is making my experience so different 

• Like 2

I haven’t heard many issues of bugs on the next gen versions, but the PS4 and XB1 versions are reportedly quite a mess. I don’t think this should really come as a surprise though, there are many factors such as the ambitious scope of this game, and the challenges for developers this year with the pandemic etc. that made it easy to predict there would be issues at launch.

I wasn’t around back then but I heard The Witcher 3 also had its fair share of bugs and problems when it was initially released, but look how that turned out. It’s one of the most acclaimed RPGs ever. I would say give CDPR time to identify the problems and wait for some patches to come out and polish everything up.

As a side note, this is also a perfect example of why I don’t like buying games at launch. Not to mention the exorbitant prices of games here in Canada. So few games nowadays are released in a polished state, so it’s almost always better to wait a few weeks or months for tweaks and updates so you end up playing the best version of the game.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

So the games you think of never had upates/patches to fix anything? 15 years ago companys never had that luxury

Please don't tell me that your definition of a finished product is a game that doesn't get any patches or updates. Even the most well optimized games that run well still gets updates. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ThalifmUS said:

It runs well on PS5 but it looks really bad, textures are low res, models are low res, I honestly dont see what people are seeing on PS5 when they say this game looks good, it does not. Not on mine at least, I even deleted the game and I am downloading it again to see if anything was missed during the installation process that is making my experience so different 

I noticed the exact same thing as you. It runs fine on PS5 but I thought it looked terrible. My buddy has it on PC and said it looks amazing but that was always going to be the case. It's just disappointing our version looks so bad. Especially after just coming from playing Miles which looks incredible. I ended up turning it off and barely touched it. I'll give it another go over the weekend but feeling a bit let down at the moment.

2 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

I noticed the exact same thing as you. It runs fine on PS5 but I thought it looked terrible. My buddy has it on PC and said it looks amazing but that was always going to be the case. It's just disappointing our version looks so bad. Especially after just coming from playing Miles which looks incredible. I ended up turning it off and barely touched it. I'll give it another go over the weekend but feeling a bit let down at the moment.

Exactly, comparing with older games even this looks bad, I am not even playing PS5 games to compare, I am playing games that are not for next gen per say like Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, RDR 2, hell, even AC Origins looks better than this right now.

I'm playing on PS5 and I haven't had any real issues.  1 crash and a few funny bugs, like a character walking through a group of lockers, causing them to basically shoot a ton of items all over the place, and a person sitting down in a reclining chair but missing it by about 6 feet, yet somehow still floating in the air!  ?  Other than that, it's been great so far!

3 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Did people really expect the game to not be buggy on last gen consoles, especially at launch? The only reason this released on last gen consoles was to sell as many copies as possible because the majority of people don't have current gen consoles.

Yes? Should we not expect the game to not be buggy? At launch, when we are supposed to be playing it? After paying for it? So the standard now is to pay a full price but only expect to play the game as it should be played months after the release? Is that it?

I honestly do not get that mentality. 
"The only reason this released on last gen consoles was to sell as many copies as possible because the majority of people don't have current gen consoles." - Is that an excuse? That is the main reason this is unacceptable 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

Getting the game in a couple of days but seeing gameplay of it on the PS5, it looks great and it's got me hyped. Don't know what everyone is talking about negatively when it comes to being played on the PS5, I don't see it at all

You're getting the game in a few days, meaning you haven't played and experienced it yourself. 

31 minutes ago, iliya0212 said:

Yep, same.. texture popping, immersion breaking bugs and game crush every hour or so.. Really annoying. Hope this is gonna be fixed.

Exactly this! Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the story so far, but I had four game crashes alone today and I'm only playing for five hours.

The crashes and some of the bugs where I had to reload a mission because I couldn't finish it are annoying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Please don't tell me that your definition of a finished product is a game that doesn't get any patches or updates. Even the most well optimized games that run well still gets updates. 

Your not getting my point dude.  Doesn't matter if its a buggy mess or small fixes, these days they have the ability to give us updates which they never had the luxury of doing 15-20 years ago. Its not always a bad thing but its making companys lazy. 

When i started gaming you never saw a trailer then it ending up looking like a pile of shit on release, wether they are showing it off on a better system or they have just downgraded the graphics. You bought the product they advertised to you

28 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Did people really expect the game to not be buggy on last gen consoles, especially at launch? The only reason this released on last gen consoles was to sell as many copies as possible because the majority of people don't have current gen consoles.

I would take a few bugs but the main problem is it looking like a ps2 game, we new it would struggle on the ps4 but we shouldnt expect it to be this bad