To all who don't have a PS5 yet: Which game would force you to buy one?

woggly4

Even if the PS5 stocks were fine, even if it released in 2019, the current lineup is of no interest to me.

Now don’t get me wrong we all know that hopefully in a year or 2, all of the games they have revealed (Horizon/GT7 etc) and countless others will arise and cement the true power of the next gen ? (not that I judge it solely by power).

I really loved party chat and share play that PS4 added to the table which made me have no regrets getting a PS4 back when I did so:

Even if I end up skipping the first model of PS5 and get a slim/pro/etc model, I only see myself getting a PS5 for 2 reasons:

1) Some new franchise/game comes out of nowhere and really catches my interest provided it isn’t also for PS4.

2) PS4 reaches the end of its lifecycle and by then I’m sure PS5 will be a few years old.

I’ll keep my eyes open as the years go by (as I have been doing since the PS1 era).

A good horror game like the original Dead Space, a good open world game or some monster raising game that isn’t too kiddish would take my fancy so time will tell.

Edited by DOG-MAGE
Typo and a bit vague
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DeadlyPerfume said:

Generally I won't buy a system until there's at least 10 games I want to play on it.

This is pretty much how i look at it, the amount of games needs to equal or exceed the cost of the console itself. Plus I want to wait and see if they add in USB saving (doubtful though).

I'd need more than one game to convince me it's time to purchase a PS5. I'm waiting for at least half a dozen. As it stands, Demon's Souls, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, and God of War: Ragnarok are locked in as the first three. Yeeeeeeaaaah I'd probably go with Resident Evil Village as number four. Two more though....a Metal Gear Solid remake would definitely excite me, and any subsequent Final Fantasy 7 parts if they no longer have PS4 support

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darkrequiem7 said:

Persona 6, which should take quite a while so console availability won't be an issue by then. PS5 Pro might even be out by then...

I'll likely get a PS5 in a year or two. Not in any rush any time soon.

If there is a Persona 6 or Devil Summoner 6/7/8 it would also be on the PS4. I shouldn't be posting here because I have the PS5 sure, I was thinking the same as you though and curious as to what people wanted. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DeadlyPerfume said:

Generally I won't buy a system until there's at least 10 games I want to play on it.

That's about the same for me.  I have the spare cash to buy one, but there just aren't enough titles available yet that would make me bite the bullet, even when I include games that are also coming out on PS4.

Games that I would get for PS5 include Far Cry 6, AC Valhalla, Sackboy, Oddworld Soulstorm, Observer: Redux. Horizon and God of War 2.  However, I don't plan to even consider buying a PS5 until mid-2022 at the earliest, so by that time, there will be numerous other PS5 games available that would make it worthwhile buying the system.

• Like 1