Resident Evil Re:Verse

It does seem to be heavily inspired by mercenaries which were quite fun to an extent, but this... I'm usually open to trying different stuff, but from what was shown it doesn't impress me at all, unfortunately. It's probably a smart move it's bundled with RE: Village, otherwise a separate purchase would kill this game on the spot. 

I don't get why they keep making these PvP games that nobody in the fan base or outside of the fanbase even want, it's just a massive waste of time. Cel shaded graphics seem like an odd choice as well and also instead of bundling it with Village why not just release it as a stand alone FTP game surely it would attach a larger audience for a longer period of time?

When will they understand that if it's multi-player, we want RESIDENT EVIL OUTBREAK 3 or remade! 

Not this crap! 

14 hours ago, EPICRAGE said:

I was looking forward to an announcement for another REmake (Code Veronica, RE4, Outbreak, or even RE1 with new gameplay), RE7 VR announcement for Oculus Quest or Rift, or even just VR support for RE Village. 

but instead we got this.

God I would love a Code Veronica Remake!!! 

But Capcoms leak pretty much shows that's not going to happen and we're going to get RE4 remake instead(why idk, Re4 holds up to this day imo) 

• Like 1

And I thought they were working on a new remake of the first game or something, not this. ?

Honestly, just how many people play RE for its PVP experience? I don't think there are too many people out there asking for this kind of experience. :hmm:

• Like 1

Well, I did kind of enjoy the Versus mode in RE5, and this looks similar. That was over ten years ago, though, so I might be blinded by nostalgia. Either way, I currently have one of the worst Internet connections in the US, so I couldn't play it if I wanted to.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

I don't get why they keep making these PvP games that nobody in the fan base or outside of the fanbase even want, it's just a massive waste of time. Cel shaded graphics seem like an odd choice as well and also instead of bundling it with Village why not just release it as a stand alone FTP game surely it would attach a larger audience for a longer period of time?

The idea I believe is to put out these cheap titles which are built in such a way that they can be easily monetizatised and see if they explode in popularity via Twitch or whatever. If they do then great, they can devote resources to it and start bringing in serious money. If not then oh well, it cost them very little. Capcom are so cheap and unwilling to take a risk however that it basically means the chance of that happening is basically non-existent, though I'd give the Resistance guys credit as that was a solid effort.

It's extra strange as all the ingredients for a hit are all there. Fantasy booking here so forgive me, but I think this would work. Mercenaries mode and Mastermind Mode combined into one, redoing Mastermind so there are no machine gun turrets, mines, or whatever. Instead the Mastermind can deploy extra monsters and control a monster as you do in Mastermind (keeping in mind that the AI would be spawning most monsters still, Mastermind can just deploy some extra to add some heat to the enemy players. Each character gets a Ghost Survivers type story mode for some single player content. Have a base roster of Rebecca, Chris, Leon, Jill, Ada, Wesker, Sherry, Ethan for RE0-7 reps at minimum. Make HUNK and Tofu (why not) deluxe edition only characters. Then release steadily paid DLC packs based off RE0-7, so for example a RE3 pack would be Carlos as a playable character and Nicolai as both a playable character and mastermind. A third character can be either a minor character from the game or someone from a non-mainline character some people may like. For a RE3 pack that character can be Brad for example. DLC characters also get a Ghost Survivor story mode. Each pack has trophies which'll make some people fork over money even if not particularly interested in the pack's characters. 

On 1/22/2021 at 7:44 AM, ShonenCat said:

Capcom seems really obsessed on making all these PVP Resident Evil multiplayer experiences. I can’t imagine too many people wanting to play these. It’d be better if they enabled more co-op campaign like in RE5.

To be fair I think Capcom hates that Resident Evil  is single player. They want a milkable franchise like Call of Duty, Fortnite is, that rakes in cash indefinitely. Why else would they give away an entirely free release away with RE3.

What they should do (and I would HIGHLY support) is make a 6-8 player coop zombie survival based on the mercenaries mode, but made it coop and not VS battle, something like Killing Force 2 but with Resident Evil characters and monsters would be awesome!

Imagine being Leon, Chris, Jill, Barry and all the heroes all together in one survival shootout!! I'd definitely buy that.

But oh no, we get stuff like Umbrella corps instead.

• Like 2

When the trailer dropped during the RE Showcase, it gave me Drawn to Death flashbacks. And that's not good.

I guess there are worse ways to celebrate your franchise hitting 25 years but there are certainly better. Way better. Even with the added caveat that you don't want a game that's going to take the attention away from RE 8/Village (although the big tall lady has already done that), something like a wave based horde shooter would have been better. Take the zombies style gameplay from CoD or Zombie Army 4 and put it in classic RE locations.

It's not perfect but it's more in tone with the series than an online only arena shooter is.