PS5 Trophy List sucks

xIRockyRock

After a little over 2 months with the system, the UI is still just as poor and unintuitive as it was at launch. It's not just the trophy system, although it is really annoying to use, but also getting into and out of voice chats, uploading/downloading save files to the cloud - even closing the game.

Everything takes more steps and is more cumbersome.

While the system is clearly a massive improvement and the few dedicated PS5 games I've played are nice, the UI is a significant step backwards.

I'm not sure there is a single feature of the new UI itself that feels like an upgrade over the PS4.

• Like 4

I hate the whole party system now.  People create a party and add people just like before they don't use the already created party from the night before.  Only difference is now i have to leave about 30 parties that aren't in use every week, many of which are the same people over and over again or a combination of the same people.  Also, don't like the fact i can't see people already in a party or people can't see i'm already in one. Sure it's more private and I can see where some people prefer it but if I wanted privacy I always just hid offline.

As far as the trophy cards and stuff I always used psn profiles to look at the list while I play which saves me going in and out of the trophy list at all.  But this whole big deal made about trophy tracking and  collectible videos at the touch of a button picture in picture, isn't really taking off.  Maybe in time This will get utilized but I see more companies cutting down on their involvement with trophies rather than doing more for them like including how to videos.  Look at battlefield and COD who haven't added DLC trophies in their most recent games as an example.  It's too much for some of the industry biggest earners to include dlc trophies might be an indication of where things are headed.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

I'm a fan of the trophy card system when I don't have to actively use it. It's kind of nice to have a clean card for each trophy, but it's a pain when trying to look something up. I guess I'm more 50/50 on it because I tend to look my trophies up on trackers and leave my on system list for synch and forget. I'd imagine the changes were more about the intention to innovate or some such. Make the PS5 look and feel completely different than the PS4. Particularly so when the PS4 XMB was basically the PS3 XMB, but better. But, oh! Here comes PS5, with it's shiny new cards and easy social media buttons!

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the UI either. I like that it feels "new" but too many things were removed or changed for the worse. The worst thing they did though was change the trophy sound. I cannot hear trophies pop 99% of the time on PS5. Kind of pushing me back towards Xbox for multiplats because that "rare" achievement sound is music to the ears.

• Like 1

Hmm, this sounds very cumbersome and not very user friendly. Exactly why I don't mind waiting to purchase a PS5, in the hopes that they works these kinds of kinks out! Well that and I can't afford one right now either ? All the more reason to keep using PSNProfiles if you ask me!

Another thing that is awful about the ps5 UI is you can never find the sale.  You literally have to back in and out of the store until it pops up on the bar.  Sometimes turn on my ps4 just to look at the sale which is really a pain in the ass considering my ps5 has the ability to completely replace my ps4.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

Another thing that is awful about the ps5 UI is you can never find the sale.  You literally have to back in and out of the store until it pops up on the bar.  Sometimes turn on my ps4 just to look at the sale which is really a pain in the ass considering my ps5 has the ability to completely replace my ps4.

Store got update today(?), and now there's own category for sales. Finally.

• Like 1

I just tried comparing trophies which shows it the old way and it looks soooo much better I really hope they change it to that on the normal list or atleast provide option. It has all the info you need on one screen on that list and can see everything without needing to click

• Like 2

I don't have a PS5 yet but the Trophy UI automatically looked unappealing due to the change of the image resolutions being all wonky. 

Also cloud saves should be automatic without PS+ and free. Xbox having Gold lifted for free to play was a bigger issue, but their cloud saves are free. Same energy.