Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

Sony is trying really hard to be the villain of this generation of consoles.

I guess it's time to really consider building a decent gaming PC.  Nintendo, while they do have great games, they also have their share of problematic stuff i.e. limited time games, pathetic online, their 1st party games rarely go on sale, and generally you've gotta be rich to fully enjoy Nintendo games and consoles as they're expensive as hell.  Never been a fan of Xbox and their exclusives don't appeal to me.

I really hope after this string of bad news Sony would surprise us with something.

Edited by milanbarca82
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, me_is_caveman said:

Looks like I'll have to buy the DLC for Dishonored and Savage Moon on ps3. I got those games from ps+ but never bought the dlc. Otherwise I would be stuck with an impossible 100% if I play those games.

Dishonored's DLC is available on disc- so even if you miss it it's still possible. 

Just now, Otonio_Bruno said:

Really hoping for a class action lawsuit comes for Sony in the next few months. Should teach them a thing or two.

Also, seriously considering ps4 as my last Sony console. Have no drive or will to continue on a platform that constantly shit on their customer base.

There's no reason to sue them if you get to keep your already purchased games.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

Really hoping for a class action lawsuit comes for Sony in the next few months. Should teach them a thing or two.

Also, seriously considering ps4 as my last Sony console. Have no drive or will to continue on a platform that constantly shit on their customer base.

A lawsuit for what? Their ToS covers them, but no one seems to ever read those 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, me_is_caveman said:

Looks like I'll have to buy the DLC for Dishonored and Savage Moon on ps3. I got those games from ps+ but never bought the dlc. Otherwise I would be stuck with an impossible 100% if I play those games.

You can buy the GOTY edition that as all DLC on disc. 

10 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Do you really think everyone that owns a PS3 has owned one for 15 years? And let's not forget the Vita, that thing is still younger than the 3DS, is and was still getting games (until this announcement), are you going to say people that haven't bought a game that came out for it in the past year or two already just "never would have"? There's people that have literally only bought a PS3 or Vita in the past year. Imagine how shitty it must be to be new to these consoles and now the stores are shutting down.

Again, we're in a global pandemic. There's really no reason not to give a year notice minimum. Do they have to? Of course not, but why wouldn't they? I can't think of any other major digital store fronts for games that have been shuttered down with such short notice, aside from the PSP's original store closure (not like it was a full store closure anyway). I can perfectly understand people complaining about only having a few months to buy everything they might still want. I don't remember there being such a big outcry over the Wii store closing, and that's probably thanks to backwards compatibility on the Wii U, and the long notice period given. That's kind of the major issue with this, we're gaining nothing here; we're losing access to buy games that we simply can't buy on newer platforms. It's not like they're giving us backwards compatibility on the PS5, they're just taking away out ability to ever get these games if we haven't already because they just gotta focus on the new and trending.

It's not just a few, there's a lot. Several hundreds if you include all the PS1 and PS2 classics that can't be purchased legally any more aside from over priced physical versions. I have in fact had games sitting in my backlog for 15+ years that I do eventually get around to. I realise I'm probably the minority, but I'm hardly the only one. 1000s and 1000s of other games to play isn't going to entice me to abandon games I've wanted to play for years but never got around to, just because they're some new shiny thing that's out. Especially when I personally don't find a ton of newer games appealing, maybe I'm just an old fart but there feels like there's been something lacking from a lot of AA/AAA releases for a while, and don't get me started on all the buggy to hell games released nowadays.

It's a case of preservation more than anything, and it's things like this that make piracy pretty much a necessity for anyone that does want to play games you can no longer legally buy.

I can't be bothered to read all that. You write way too much. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

It's not just a few, there's a lot. Several hundreds if you include all the PS1 and PS2 classics that can't be purchased legally any more aside from over priced physical versions. I have in fact had games sitting in my backlog for 15+ years that I do eventually get around to. I realise I'm probably the minority, but I'm hardly the only one.

Also in the 15 year backlog minority. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, me_is_caveman said:

There's no reason to sue them if you get to keep your already purchased games.

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

A lawsuit for what? Their ToS covers them, but no one seems to ever read those 

Not every country is U.S where companies can do what they want by writing whatever fits their will in a ToS. Europe and South America has pretty strong customer rights that don't allow them to remove access to content (Even if only to buy them) without short notice and those pro-consumer laws trumples over ToS. Not saying it will happen, just hoping it will.

And I feel kinda sorry for you if you're this apologetic to a company.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

Not every country is U.S where companies can do what they want by writing whatever fits their will in a ToS. Europe and South America has pretty strong customer rights that don't allow them to remove access to content (Even if only to buy them) without short notice and those pro-consumer laws trumples over ToS. Not saying it will happen, just hoping it will.

And I feel kinda sorry for you if you're this apologetic to a company.

Not sure what makes you think I'm apologetic to Sony, they're a joke.

1 hour ago, BGriff1986 said:

There’s a bug for some people where the button has disappeared. Apparently the action still works if you move to where it used to be

Hey I swear you i don't see the option to buy can you send me a picture? because i really want to buy some content before july 2nd

3 minutes ago, Zaros-QC said:

Hey I swear you i don't see the option to buy can you send me a picture? because i really want to buy some content before july 2nd

When you go to the game's page, highlight Overview, then go up one and click the X button to purchase that game. For some reason, the button is invisible, but it's still there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

You should thank them they are going to let you access your purchased stuff (well this would've been mandatory anyway I guess), syncing your trophies, using cloud-saves via PS+ (this can prove really helpful as a backup with those games that get corrupted data/glitches/bugs) and other online functionalities for some more time...

I don't really think a class action lawsuit would do anything to them.

About the second statement I agree they proved bad, very bad but I can't say I didn't see this coming.

They killed PS Vita with their own hands, they closed the servers for big first party games like The Last of Us, Uncharted 2/3, Killzone, Resistance, Gran Turismo etc.

They stopped doing PS3/Vita sales a couple years ago, they already killed PS3 store on mobile/web, and now this.

Not mentioning Jim Ryan's declarations that were something not to ignore.

31 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Drakengard 3 and Asura's Wrath are games I already own but not the DLC. I haven't played them yet, so do I buy the DLC now in advance, hoping that I like the main game?

Btw.: I think many players will hack there consoles now. I mean what's there to loose?

I would say yes for Asuras Wrath as the True ending is locked behind DLC. Ofc you can just youtube it but you know. I don't own Asuras Wrath and a physical copy of the english version is like $80 on ebay. The Japanese version is way cheaper with the only downside having to get the DLC off of the JP psn store. 

As for Drakengard 3 it's a good game but the DLC is overpriced. $40 for all of it iirc. I've thought about getting it too as I wanted to 100% the game eventually. And yeah I already hacked my Vita systems. Probably gonna end up hacking my PS3s soon enough.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Akimitsu782 said:

When you go to the game's page, highlight Overview, then go up one and click the X button to purchase that game. For some reason, the button is invisible, but it's still there.

Ah okay its the first one do you think it's a kind of bug?

Very upsetting news. So now I’ll be getting a bunch of PS3 and Vita titles. 

A list of what I want before the stores close: 

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC. Already bought, physical copy will come in the mail tomorrow. 

- Enslaved: Odyssey to the West DLC. Bought the digital version of the game with the DLC. 

- Dante’s Inferno. DLC delisted. Only obtainable on the UK store. 

- Duke Nukem Forever. DLC I still need to purchase. Base game is very cheap nowadays and easily picked up. 

Jet Set Radio. The last of the SEGA Dreamcast era titles I don’t have. 

- Shatter. Still needs to be bought. Challenging but satisfying 100% PSN title on the PS3. 

Still, there are potentially several digital only games that could well be lost forever. 

It’s not just multiplayer games. Our single player games are slowly being taken away as well. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

You can make a thread about literally anything on PSNProfiles and users will still find a way to be pretentious, entitled assholes towards one another lol

That's the case with any forum/comments section. Everyone is brave on the internet. Probably the same people that flip you off from the safety of their car.

• Like 2

This might be a good place to ask, maybe not.

I'm a big fan of the Arkham series. I haven't touched any of them on PS3 (besides Origins. Because I played Asylum, City & Origins on 360).

The series has a Japanese trophy list for Arkham Asylum (PS3) for whatever reason.
If I wanted to play it and get the platinum on my North America PSN account, how'd I go about that? Is there physical Japanese versions? Is the game region locked? Can I just buy the Japanese version on the NA PS3 Store?

I'd love some help, if possible.

Just now, CL0CKW0RK133 said:

I feel that mocking people for making assumptions on incomplete information is kind of a real jerk move.

In any case, I guess someone needs to start making a list of digital only/dlc that you can only get via the ps3 store.

yeah yeah... whatever

2 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

This might be a good place to ask, maybe not.

I'm a big fan of the Arkham series. I haven't touched any of them on PS3 (besides Origins. Because I played Asylum, City & Origins on 360).

The series has a Japanese trophy list for Arkham Asylum (PS3) for whatever reason.
If I wanted to play it and get the platinum on my North America PSN account, how'd I go about that? Is there physical Japanese versions? Is the game region locked? Can I just buy the Japanese version on the NA PS3 Store?

I'd love some help, if possible.

You can get the Japanese physical version and play it on your NA account.