In your opinion, what is the Hardest Platinum

DarQMassacres

Star Ocean The Last Hope International -- Because I own it and if I ever platinum it, it will be the last game I ever plat most likely. 400 hours, 5 playthroughs and hundreds of missable items. It's not a particularly difficult game (even though you play on Chaos difficulty) but just the amount of active brainpower I'll need is far and beyond what I normally put into any game. It rolls together all the things that make trophy hunting hard for me: lists, missables, and many playthroughs.

Edited by nrs1nrs1
  • Like 1

Hardest that I have gotten personally:

Assault Android Cactus - getting all S ranks was a legitimate nightmare, especially on the final boss. The game demanded a ridiculous level of perfection, otherwise I enjoyed it.

Class of Heroes 2G - the 50,000 monster kill grind at the end took days, and you couldn't automate it with a Hori controller like in Wizardry. I did get through several seasons of One Piece in the process, at least.

On 15/04/2021 at 4:03 AM, Shiraishi Urara said:

Badland is equal as bad as just like Crypt of the Necrodancer.

17 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Cannot really agree, but maybe I‘m just lucky to have found an exceptionally good coop buddy @Eqill5. Imo badland is all about patience and dedication (as many other rare plats, obviously.)

I agree with Jasko. Badland can be difficult at times but when you run through a level a few times and have memorised it thoroughly all it takes is to get a clean run down and to control your clones properly, with a bit of luck thrown in.

I think the reason this game is considered difficult is because of its rarity, which is only down to having no online co-op for the co-op trophies. So having to share play everything the connection plays a large part, which would make it appear more difficult than it is. I believe a lot more people would have this Platinum otherwise.

Edited by Eqill5
  • Like 2

I can only really go on what I have played so I’m going to say Super Meat Boy and Crypt of the Necrodancer, it’s highly unlikely I’d ever get these as you need proper good reactions. I always reinstall SMB and say I’ll do it this time but I never get good enough!

The hardest platinums I've got probably Surgeon Simulator and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2021 at 10:35 PM, kevao97 said:

I enjoyed getting 100% of the campaign, the online trophies were easy because it was the time of the game's explosion so I didn't have to try too hard. The single player was great, but I was a kid so I may be being deceived by nostalgia

these videos are always inaccurate, always confuse laborious and time-consuming with difficulty. the last one I saw listed AC Odyssey as difficult for "taking about 150 hours". wtf?

It will always run down to your perspective of what's hardest and the fact that one of the videos said that is REALLY funny ? anything to me that says ultra rare and is below the 3% ish mark for me but 3% is giving it too much credit as well. I do have my own list that somewhat pops into my head like super meat boy, olli olli 2 maybe I am bread? White knight chronicles would be and is an absolute grind I'm working on it currently on and off of other things.. I think wipeout hd on the ps3 that racing one could be hard? I haven't played it. ? 

Of what I have actually achieved, Ghost of Tsushima. It's not tough at all compared to many platinums. But that "Honor the Unseen" Trophy pissed me off. "Avid Reader" and the bamboo strikes got me salty at times as well.

Of what I could get relatively close to the platinum through a grind, it would be Stardew Valley. Prarie King is such a tough game and it seems like the two trophies I would never be able to get.

Getting all the fish in the game would be tough as well.

For me the hardest platinum is the one in Stardew Valley. Thats only because of the Fector`s Challenge trophy. I just can`t do it! This minigame is the worst of the worst and drives me insane. So far I have given up on this. I will maybe try to do it again, if I have no other games and no other trophies left to get. ?

• Like 1

Gran Turismo Sport.  I have potential to plat that game but I refuse to grind the odds online, you're looking for 300+ hours at least just to complete the F1 races. Maybe I'll go back, maybe I won't... all I can say is if I tried to get that plat. I'd probably be 5 plats less right now. 

• Like 1

The hardest game on my list right now is Persona 4 Arena. I haven't managed to finish it yet, but it's a work in progress. Between completing all the combo challenges for every single character, and then the insane Score Attack mode (again to be completed with every character).....yeesh.

But I keep at it, because it'll be an extremely proud platinum when that day comes ?

• Like 1

I don't have any difficult platinums. The hardest games I've tried (and failed) to play were Titan Souls and Furi. Both were just so far beyond my skill level, I couldn't get anywhere with them! I mean, I'm someone who finds some of those 20 minute Rataliaka games too hard so these 8/10 difficulty games are way beyond me!! 

• Like 1

Judging from games i've i'd say: 

Dead or Alive 5 - 100 rounds in Legendary Survival mode is just stupidly hard since AI is just too hard and see all your moves and can really be frustrating when you lose at round 80 or above and need to start over... 

Dead or Alive 5+ - Like above plus a platinum trophy killer that require you to play in ad hoc mode with another player. 

Armored Core V - difficult mp trophies and overpowered bosses, to this add servers that always been basically empty. The result is pretty obvious. In any case servers are also closed now.

Bladestorm: Nightmare - requires multiple saves because many things, items etc... (lucky based) can be missed even a single dialogue with an NPC is important... also add that obtaining S rank in missions is really hard and sometimes can be impossible if you missed some requirements before attempt.

Edited by DeathNyx

On 19/4/2021 at 5:35 PM, BlueDevl_one said:

For me the hardest platinum is the one in Stardew Valley. Thats only because of the Fector`s Challenge trophy. I just can`t do it! This minigame is the worst of the worst and drives me insane. So far I have given up on this. I will maybe try to do it again, if I have no other games and no other trophies left to get. ?

It has been patched, you can now save and resume, there is a post about it here on psnp.

There are two games that spring to mind for me:

Crypt Of The Necrodancer - Nothing else that I have completed even comes close to how hard getting the platinum trophy for this game was, easily one of if not, the most difficult platinum trophy to obtain.

DJMAX Respect - Although when you have some of the DLC the platinum trophy itself isn't too troublesome for people that have some rhythm game experience, getting the 100% on this game is near impossible.

• Like 3

Hardest ones I’ve achieved would probably be Tetris Effect and Gran Turismo 5. Those are two legitimate 10/10s imo. 

Hardest one I haven’t got around to finishing would be Assetto Corsa. Basically requires a wheel and hours of practice.

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 2

Hardest for me was wolfenstein 2 but of the ones I've yet to platinum black ops 4 and world war z look like a bit of a skill grind and others like predator hunting grounds and red dead 2 just look like massive time grinds.

10 hours ago, JD-D2 said:

Hardest ones I’ve achieved would probably be Tetris Effect and Gran Turismo 5. Those are two legitimate 10/10s imo. 

Hardest one I haven’t got around to finishing would be Assetto Corsa. Basically requires a wheel and hours of practice.

I think those SS ranks for everything are what will stop me from getting the plat for Tetris Effect.

• 2 months later...