In your opinion, what is the Hardest Platinum

DarQMassacres

It doesn't have to be strictly difficulty, it could be a massive grind, or just a super hard trophy blocking the platinum.

I've got 2 examples that come to mind with this question.

1. Neverwinter - there is a trophy for Killing 1000 Dragons, which on the surface doesn't sound too bad, but it's actually a multiple hour endgame grind on top of the already long grind of getting to endgame and doing the rest of the trophies in this MMORPG.

2. Attacking Zegeta 2 - A game so hard/confusing that no one has even got a single trophy in it yet. Some say the trophies are impossible, I say we just haven't discovered enough of the game yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DarQMassacres said:

2. Attacking Zegeta 2 - A game so hard/confusing that no one has even got a single trophy in it yet. Some say the trophies are impossible, I say we just haven't discovered enough of the game yet.

That developer is straight trolling, don’t give them so much credit. 

As for Hardest for me: make a game that has sports AND racing and I’ll never be able to obtain the platinum. 

Currently, White Knight Chronicles is going to be the hardest platinum on my list because I don’t know where to start on a solo play through and don’t know when I’ll have the time. 

35 minutes ago, Helyx said:

In my personal experience, it'd be Munchkin: Quacked Quest.

Having just beat badland and super meat boy I was excited to check this game out and then I saw you posting that it was totally broken. 

I wouldn't classify a game that is impossible to complete as hard, but that's just me.

1 minute ago, Dan-lives-here said:

I wouldn't classify a game that is impossible to complete as hard, but that's just me.

It's hard, trust me. Or, you can go on your merry way while playing Crypt of the Necrodancer.

• Like 2

Haven't played the hardest platinum yet, but will eventually come across one I'm sure. I'm expanding into games I always wanted to play like Demon's Souls now. I'm sure I will play more Soulsborne games going forward.

• Like 2

Not sure which game I would say is the most challenging, but Red Dead Redemption 1 was easily the most tedious platinum I completed.

- Trophies based heavily on RNG

- Online trophies, one of which requires 8 people (seriously WTF)

- A large number of fetch quests

I didn't even feel the sense of pride that comes with getting a tough platinum. I was just so happy to move on.

And I hear the second game is far worse.

• Like 2

I think it was always Gran Turismo 5 back in the day.

But that game shouldn’t count really anymore, since servers are off for this game since a long time.

Nowadays the „pool“ is way bigger for hard platinums the same way, as it‘s bigger for easy platinums.

• Like 1

Star Ocean the Last Hope.  This is a brutal grind,  The platinum requires three play throughs, an insane amount of tracking to ensure you find and make every item, and has an estimated time to platinum of 400 to 1000 hours because of the RNG of some of the battle trophies.  

Getting the trophies for 45% of battle trophies and 80% of items was enough for me.  I enjoyed the game but not enough for two more play throughs and 100s of additional hours of playtime just hoping I could get a specific amount of damage in battle.  

• Like 1