Dead Space remastered teased?

eXb1azed23

Dead space 3 didn't feel like Dead Space all too much. The story was a bit nonsensical and melodramatic and the main villian is a bit too goofy. The people who don't like DS3 because it was a bit less 'horror' and a bit more 'action. ... Really though, Dead Space 3 felt like any other game series meant to have a conclusion.

14 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

Crytek is self-publishing Crysis trilogy. Original releases were through EA Partners, which meant Crytek kept the IP rights and that the publishing term had an expiration. I wouldn't use that as any indication for anything related to EA's plans.

Ah wasn't aware EA was no longer publishing the series. Last time I played it was on PS3, appreciate you sharing that info.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hysteria said:

Dead space 3 didn't feel like Dead Space all too much.

Same with DS2. It went for more over-the-top cinematic experience instead of focusing on survival suspense & horror. The original (for me) is head and shoulders above the other four games in the franchise.

1 minute ago, GUDGER666 said:

Hope so, its long overdue. DS2 is my favourite, 3rd best game I've ever played. 

can't say anything people have different tastes & opinions .^^.

Just now, Helyx said:

Same with DS2. It went for more over-the-top cinematic experience instead of focusing on survival suspense & horror. The original (for me) is head and shoulders above the other four games in the franchise.

2 was the first big red flag for me , that the third will be an action game .

Why you guys are hyped on every single remastered game whether they announce or rumored rather than a sequel of that series ? we all have played them already so i always look forward for a new game rather than something i've already seen and experienced. it seems like companies are running out of ideas nowadays, like come on we all paid for a new console to play a ps3/ps2 game ? 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Thephoenixshow said:

I just wish they remastered shadow of the dammed and  battlefield bad company 1 and 2 and maybe make  bulletstorm 2 while there at it and titanfall 3 

Titanfall 3, don't get my hopes up. ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

Why you guys are hyped on every single remastered game whether they announce or rumored rather than a sequel of that series ? we all have played them already so i always look forward for a new game rather than something i've already seen and experienced. it seems like companies are running out of ideas nowadays, like come on we all paid for a new console to play a ps3/ps2 game ? 

Because people want them and people will buy them. Who wouldn't want to play a game they like with better graphics at 60fps. And i would rather play 3 games i know are good than one that might be bad with how EA are now. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

Very true. I can understand with games like resident evil 2 since it was 20 years afterwards but how many remakes will they do. 

6 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Categorically untrue

Yeah but many people say i can't wait to play them again, that's what actually i meant.

29 minutes ago, NkTSharpy said:

Very true. I can understand with games like resident evil 2 since it was 20 years afterwards but how many remakes will they do. 

Remakes are better in my opinion, it's different than remastereds, remastered games are just the same exact game with a bit better visuals.

44 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Because people want them and people will buy them. Who wouldn't want to play a game they like with better graphics at 60fps. And i would rather play 3 games i know are good than one that might be bad with how EA are now. 

The only remastereds that i would love to see is AC 1 and Resistance 1 because of trophies honestly and why because with trophies you will have a bit of different experience, it adds something to the original game.

Considering how the last few years of the gaming industry has gone, I've honestly thought it was just a matter of when for a Dead Space remaster or Dead Space trilogy remaster. A lot of remasters are coming out this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of them. It'd be an excellent choice. It wouldn't be whole if only the first game was remastered, though.

EA surprisingly doesn’t like to do remasters. That might change with the success of Mass Effect but they’ve pretty much always stood by that.

I’d take it with a grain of salt for now.

That's all entirely old news. They have very much been pro-remasters for a while.

On 6/9/2021 at 2:36 PM, Null_Spectre said:

It's a very high possibility given the recent announcement of the Crysis trilogy for a fall release from EA.

I'm curious though if we do get a remaster would Dead Space 3 still have co-op, given multiplayer was removed from the Mass Effect 3 remaster.

EA are not involved in the Crysis trilogy remaster.

Considering Dead Space 3's coop is an integral component to the full context of the story, I'd bet on it.

On 6/9/2021 at 3:47 PM, Hysteria said:

2 was good but not an excellent like first one . 3 was meh ok & that's why dead space fell out of the map cuz of 3 .

At the very least Dead Space 2 was actually considered a sales disappointment by the publisher (which then affected DS3's design). 

Edited by EcoShifter

1 hour ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

I kinda like both approaches really. I definitely look forward to new gaming experiences and titles, but I also like the idea of some remasters for games that I really liked one or two generations prior. For me it's quite hard not to be hyped for a remaster of at least the first Dead Space game with a bit more polish and shine to it.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

3 hours ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

I just played the Mass Effect trilogy for the first time in 8 years with the Legendary Edition. There was so much I remembered that I loved, but so much more that I had forgotten about that it seemed like I was experiencing it for the first time, and the new coat of paint was the cherry on top. I had also never played any of the DLC for 3, so that was all a brand new experience for me. Don't dismiss something just because it is a remaster, and if it os something that you weren't a fan of before, maybe give it a try. Some remasters are just cynical cash grabs, but one done right is almost always worth it in my opinion.

• Like 1

I have totallly (almost) stopped believing in remaster rumors, thanks to all the Silent Hill rumor which have broken my heart to many times now. 

Would love to plat Dead Space 1 - 3 again but have little to no hope of that ever happening.

Cheers to the two or three people in this thread that said Dead Space 2 is the best in the series. That is the correct answer. My favorite game of all time! Same great atmosphere and tension, but with better environments, improved mechanics, and just a more entertaining story.

Having said that, I'm personally not too psyched over this rumor. Not sure I'd want to support it after what EA did to both Visceral and the 3rd game. As is the case with many people though, my morals could take a backseat to my greed once the time comes. I'd like to think I could stay strong (I usually do), but this is Dead Space we're talking about here, so IDK. Gonna have to wait and see what happens.

Edited by EverythingOnFire