PSNProfiles all over Gameranx latest vid

LastMinuteSavior

5 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

You derailed the thread about the video and made it about hakoom. The big bad arrogant hakoom didnt do that, you did.

I did what? Lol 

The video contains a snippet where it mentions hakoom, and although I've emphasized the snippet about it, I also commented on the video as a whole, the discussion doesn't need to focus only on it :dunno:

7 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

As for the video, it's the same as any other top 10 video. Mildly entertaining, but nothing special

I believe Op was impressed that a big Youtuber cited PSNP, there's nothing fancy in the video other than that

4 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Floriiss, Danny_Johansen, PrinceofPeace, TheYuriG and those other guys are too far 'underground' to generally be mentioned, even though they have exceptionally good profiles.

Floriiss gets mentioned in every one of my posts :P

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kevao97 said:

while I agree with you (in the sense of understanding where your premise comes from), I also disagree. it's not that simple to define what is or isn't to be a gamer. for you, being a gamer is playing the old-fashioned way, relaxing, enjoying. and for some gaming it is something more extreme, this kind of hobby can be seen as something like that, there is also the community of speedrunners who play hundreds or thousands of hours of the same game to beat milliseconds on their runs. I mean, maybe the ultimate goal is not always fun. I like to think that playing is supposed to be fun and relaxing, but not everyone has that thought, I know people who don't describe themselves as gamers but as trophy hunters, because the second option is out of the ordinary and doesn't care about fun. in other words, a trophy hunter would be willing to overlook their own fun if need be, and I don't know if that would be "losing as a gamer" at the end of the day.

You can go back and watch people play competitively in games like Super Street Fighter IV. Tekken is another fighting series that gets a lot of competition, mostly Korean dudes who know every trick in the book.

I regard MatteSMB as one of the best if not the best players on Super Meat Boy. Something like that requires thousands of hours of practice. I prefer to spend my time doing other stuff, such as playing other games or partaking in hobbies outside of gaming. Speedrunning just isn't my thing.

Back when I played Old School Runescape there were competitions regarding who could get the most XP in a month in a certain skill, and then there was the PvP community which was an entirely different ballgame, full of guys who were overly competitive.

I used to play competitively on that game. I don't think I'll ever play something that is more tedious, grindy, time consuming and a colossal waste of time as Runescape. When I hear of people doing 100 - 200 hour grinds for trophies for select games on this website, I just tend to shrug my shoulders, because I've done far worse.

The fact is a majority of people still play the old-fashioned way. Trophy hunters, speedrunners, eSport competitors, those people represent a very small minority amongst the world of gamers. Everybody I know on Steam just plays for fun. They don't care about any achievements or any sort of speedrunning. There are people on there who do hunt achievements, much like we hunt trophies, but like with Sony, they're a small minority.

We already go far and beyond what most people will ever put in regarding games.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kevao97 said:

Jesus Christ, man, is this serious? hakoom is practically a celebrity, he doesn't even respond to his own video comments or posts on his forum wall, do you really think he'll bother to get involved in this conversation? you're acting like my posts are a huge offense to hakoom's honor, as there are literally hundreds of people talking about him whether it's on Youtube or your verified Instagram page, I'm nobody important to your concern, damn lol

He responds to comments. I once posted

"Roses are red, violets are blue

If the title's in English

Video should be too."

Because he spoke in Arabic entirely without subs. He added subs and answered.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Hakoom is kinda in a tricky place. I mean on the one hand he had a headstart over everybody and was one of the few people at the time when he got a PS3 to be unemployed and have a ton of games and ton of money to just try play games and try and get a ton of platinums quickly, Pre 2014 or so he did have the most impressive profile.

Times have changed though, and now we have potentially 8 systems, since you can be logged into two PS3, two Vita, two PS4 and two PS5 and have teams playing.

In a way it was unfair that Hakoom had a head start but now that head start is gone and everyone can easily catch up.

On the rarity leaderboard we have here, he is about 25th, he's only 2nd due to playing shit games, and Ikemenzi who mostly plays 95% shit games is top now. You're gonna have to play more shit, just to catch up.

Rank 2 is kinda the worst position to be in, I mean you're not top anymore.

Now we have super easy platinums and yes, 151 platinums in one day, point wise that's as much as his first few years.

I think he should just retire, he has a wife and child, they are way more important that the slave labour he has to do now just to keep up in the ranking.

He has the glory of being the best in the world for many years. I'd be proud of that mantle. The past 4 years or so, have been shit regarding the lowering standards. There is nothing to be proud of being a "trophy hunter" anymore. Quantitative easing has ruined the trophy economy, trophies were never worth anything, now they're at an even lower zero value.

Pretty similar situation to xbox 360 back in the day when Stallion83 had a headstart over everyone else towards 1 million gamerscore. Now with multiple platforms to earn achievements on, he's not even in the top 10 anymore

Hakoom shouldn't even be on the leaderboard he's a cheat and he has the cheek to call others a cheat lol? Multiple hacked games yet there he still is. I use to defend him saying he is a legit player, but when someone showed me all the hacked games/trophies i felt like an idiot. He is or was in the Guinness World Records, and got i think free stuff and still does from Sony etc? Absolute fraud, makes me cringe how he still gets away with it. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Hakoom shouldn't even be on the leaderboard he's a cheat and he has the cheek to call others a cheat lol? Multiple hacked games yet there he still is. I use to defend him saying he is a legit player, but when someone showed me all the hacked games/trophies i felt like an idiot. He is or was in the Guinness World Records, and got i think free stuff and still does from Sony etc? Absolute fraud, makes me cringe how he still gets away with it. 

Now he is not on top anymore and soon also will be going down more but honestly, do you have proof that he is cheating. show me here a single proof. 

12 minutes ago, cometowner said:

Now he is not on top anymore and soon also will be going down more but honestly, do you have proof that he is cheating. show me here a single proof. 

I don't think he will be anymore unless its on Vita as i don't think you can cheat on PS4? Definitely not PS5. The hacks were in the PS3 days. The most recent time he got removed from here was for Bioshock, he got the all upgraded weapons before entering Sanders personal quarters. If you have to cheat for something like just makes you wonder how many he has actually hacked. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, enaysoft said:

It seems to be a controversial opinion these days....

However....

The moment you play a ton of shit games for trophy points, that's when you've lost, as a gamer. You've become a trophy addict instead.

Cool, so you got 151 platinums in one day? Well life is precious, that's one day out of your life that you wasted, money as well as time and of course dignity.

I won't go as far to say about someone being "lost as a gamer" (my mantra is game how you want to game, however you have fun, that's all that matters). However, from the perspective of becoming an addict for Gamerscore or trophy points > enjoying the medium of gaming, I agree wholeheartedly. 

I think the issue isn't how easy a game is, but the intent behind it. Some truly great to amazing indie/smaller games (Firewatch, Inside, Edith Finch, Little Nightmares II, etc.) are very easy completions because of their design and requirements. Equally, some less good but still (in my opinion) semi-decent games are sub-30 min completions (e.g. Discolored, Transference, etc.) shouldn't be criticised either as they are still thought-out, proper games which are made substantially shorter Platinums by guides and community resources.  The issue for me is the shovelware which markets towards trophies/achievements, and offers nothing to you BUT the trophies/achievements you get from playing them for 5 minutes. All they are concerned about is making the game easy FOR your money.

That's where I've personally come to. It doesn't have to be difficult, or even amazing, but it needs to make an effort at offering you an experience, and have some basic levels of quality. This opinion doesn't come from a place judgement, far from it. I have binged shovelware to get to GS milestones in the past, to quite a big extent at one time - I also still keep up to date with the Xitilion updates to this day, as much for my 100% complusion than anything. Generally, though, I look back at that times as a waste of money and glad I'm more focused now.I didn't compromise AAA or high-quality indies in the process, so my account has some quality completions and depth to it (albeit not 8/10+ trophy roadmap sort of games). That's now what motivates me; the games I like, and being able to say I got all the achievement or trophies in those titles.  AAA's, high-quality indies, and occasionally those sort of Discolored-type titles.

P.S. For anyone looking at this account and seeing little shovelware, PlayStation is my secondary system for exclusives/to stack indies I enjoyed on Xbox. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

I don't think he will be anymore unless its on Vita as i don't think you can cheat on PS4? Definitely not PS5. The hacks were in the PS3 days. The most recent time he got removed from here was for Bioshock, he got the all upgraded weapons before entering Sanders personal quarters. If you have to cheat for something like just makes you wonder how many he has actually hacked. 

I’m sure Hakoom has most likely cheated or has a team. All the people at the top are most likely guilty of one or both of these things. I just find it odd, how back in the early days of trophy hunting that Hakoom was able to compete head to head with Duck360. When Duck360 confirmed that he cheated on games by doing save manipulation and admitting to having a team. You’re telling me that one man (Hakoom) with no hacks was able to compete regularly with a user who cheated and had a team? I don’t buy it. Plus Duck360 has accused Hakoom of hacks. It takes one to know one. I just find it stupid that these people at the top act like they’re doing it legit. 

• Like 2

Being a trophy hunter and a gamer are not necessarily the same thing anymore, it was back when  PS3 trophies were first patched in but now you can get a lot trophies without liking the games, I'm not about to name drop here but I've seen many times some people say they do not care about games here, or about the developers they just like the pling cheap satisfaction, is it wrong? Absolutely not it's their money and you do you but I don't believe they love playing the same shit 6 different times, having multiple accounts to buy even more exclusive shit feels more like an obligation than enjoyment, but hey it's just my opinion and truth is since I got to 200 platinums I'm pretty whatever with trophies, I mostly follow here because I like the people and  everyone is really helpful and informative.

On a side note that Brian guy is just as overrated as Hakoom, guy plays a lot of trash and for some reason he always rubs me the wrong way.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, enaysoft said:

ur

Eh, there's always been rumors that Hakoom bought modded PS3 trophies. I mean, look at when Roughdawg left the site. I never heard anything bad about Ike, but I can definitely believe many of the top people have cheated.