Any word on what's going on with this site? Slow forums for nearly 3 months and broken profiles

Totally random thought and correct me if I'm wrong but could the slowdown be remedied by the forums mods purging really old posts? 

Don't really wanna touch on the site owner subject but I just thought my phone gets bogged down and slow until I purge old texts and etc. And the mods here have control over deleting posts (at least I think so?) Any ways just an idea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreggit said:

Don't spread misinformation. These are your posts pertaining to regions according to your history:

All of these items were properly addressed when going through updates at the appropriate times. Don't just say things to incite drama that isn't true.

Right thats why still wrong. Asian kansei doesnt even exist but whatever. If i bring it to the correct post it doesnt get fixed and if i say it wasnt fixed now im spreading misinformation. Ok

Edited by Camokidd87

6 minutes ago, Camokidd87 said:

Right thats why still wrong. Asian kansei doesnt even exist but whatever. If i bring it to the correct post it doesnt get fixed and if i say it wasnt fixed now im spreading misinformation. Ok

https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP1190-PPSA05788_00-RATALAIKAGKANSEI

Did you even check before writing? Something tells me no.

unknown.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

@amurnin100 You were directed to this topic from this one about a PSNP app you started yourself, but there is also a reasonably recent topic that discusses a PSNP app specifically, as well as the original topic Sly made back in 2015 to poll interest for it.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, B1rvine said:

The slow forums may be my fault. The GTA V modding crew got mad and said they were going to launch DDOS attacks on PSNP in retaliation after screenshots were sent to the cheater removal team, because people wanted their donations back and stuff.

Can't be that surly, would that cause only the forums to be slow for months?

3 hours ago, B1rvine said:

The slow forums may be (indirectly) my fault. The GTA V modding crew got mad and said they were going to launch DDOS attacks on PSNP in retaliation after screenshots were sent to the cheater removal team, because people wanted their donations back and stuff.

Dang...that's bad. But I wouldn't believe they would be DDOS'ing the forum for months now...it has been at least 3 months since the slowdown started.

4 hours ago, B1rvine said:

The slow forums may be (indirectly) my fault. The GTA V modding crew got mad and said they were going to launch DDOS attacks on PSNP in retaliation after screenshots were sent to the cheater removal team, because people wanted their donations back and stuff.

I take everything back, this is actually a hilarious reason for the slowdown :P

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

How's Sly supposed to respond when he doesn't even involve himself with the site anymore...? Are you saying criticism is literally impossible in this situation?

Moderators and CRT look after the site on his behalf, sort of “business looking after itself” approach if you will. He may delve in now and again to read forums and perhaps do some background updates as well as liaise with staff but apart from that …. 

Edited by amurnin100

16 minutes ago, amurnin100 said:

Moderators and CRT look after the site on his behalf, sort of “business looking after itself” approach if you will. He may delve in now and again to read forums and perhaps do some background updates as well as liaise with staff but apart from that …. 

How does that change what I said?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

How's Sly supposed to respond when he doesn't even involve himself with the site anymore...? Are you saying criticism is literally impossible in this situation?

Specifically, I was saying that person X raised a query/concern and then before person Y could answer, everyone had said "Oh yeah, this is actually really shit". Which, you know, is fine I suppose but irrespective of Sly's engagement with the site, I would have thought it helpful to let him respond rather than have everyone jump on the bandwagon. I didn't know there was a long standing absence on his part but equally, I don't believe a lack of posting on a forum or answering questions correlates to a lack of work on the site. 

I'll be the first to say I use the resources here a lot and I love being part of this community so I want to see the site develop, grow and stay current. I also appreciate that Sly is (and I'm making an assumption here) a human being with priorities and emotions and as a result, this may not be his top priority right now. 

Does that excuse his absence and lack of engagement? Dunno, that's for the wider masses I suppose. I'm just always cautious about assuming individuals have nothing better to do then make a site about trophy hunting their number one priority 24/7. 

I appreciate no-one is saying that's what it has to be but equally there just might be some other stuff going on right now. What can I say, I'm a man all about balance and positivity ?