Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

I got mine back in 2001 (was obviously my  gaming nick since whenever) when I started to play Dark Age of Camelot. Was looking for a name for my first character. Tho always into metal music and listening much to Slipknot back in the days, I decided to name myself after their drummer Joey Jordison. But to not fake it completely I called my character Yoey Yordyson.

The _666 came back from an IRC trashtalk-session later on. Someone always named himself like what he was up to ..

xxx^tired

xxx^sleeping

xxx^gaming

xxx^whatever

so I talked to him and asked if I should do the same, he said yes and I renamed myself from yoey to yoey^666, so yeah. 

Never changed it to something else, cause thinking about being over 30 years old meanwhile, this nick has been with me for half of my life, amazing :D 

Growing up I had a friend who's parents were super religious and he used to get yelled at for saying "Christ" around the house. So to avoid being harrassed by his parents he used to say "Bhrist" instead (which ended up annoying them just as much since they knew what he meant.) I always thought it was hilarious. When I started playing FFXI online I originally was going to use the name Eomer since he was one of my favorite characters in the LotR series, but it was taken. I then remembered "Bhrist" from my friend, however I didn't like that spelling. I changed it to Briste. I played that game for years and it morphed into my gaming name so I figured I'd use it for PSN. When I tried to sign up on PSN with the name Briste I got an error message (even though it seems Briste was never taken) so I changed the i to a 1 and here I am :)

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty simple:

Rayden comes from Raiden (MGS) but I wanted to change the name a little and Redfield is from Chris (Resident Evil).

But I regret this username now. Not that I dislike the characters but I don't know... I don't like it like I used to.

My name comes from fusing two Job Classes from the Final Fantasy series. I thought it sounded pretty original so I just stuck with it. The Spellblade portion was mainly inspired by the Frimelda Blademaster sub plot of Final Fantasy Tactics A2. I actually find both of the job classes interesting and versatile.

• Like 1

The first part is my real first name, so not much thought into that. Yuki part is a nickname I used in Japan and is what some of my Japanese friends seem to prefer to call me over my real first name. I had picked it because my favourite character in my very first manga Fruits Basket back when I was 12 was named Yuki. Also my real surname means cold/ snow mountain, and Yuki means snow which I thought was close enough

The story behind my PSN username goes way back to the days of NASCAR '08 on the PS3. I met several people while racing online in NASCAR '08 that wanted to put together a racing team that would race together, help each other on-track, and compete for the win at Daytona International Raceway or Talladega Superspeedway. The guy who was putting the team together (him, myself, and three others) picked out the name MossyOak Racing for the team and said whoever wanted to race for the team had to make a new PSN account with "MossyOakRcn" in the name along with whatever car number we would be using for racing online. I picked the #42 since nobody else in the group of guys we were racing against were using that number or car in any of the races.

So that is how I got MossyOakRcn42, my PSN username that I have been using since 2008 or so. I never went back to my older PSN account (I can't even remember what the name for that one was) after creating my current one and once the trophy support began in 2009, I stuck with this account. 

Mines is from my favorite character in anime - Natsu from Fairy Tail. I'm not a big fan of anime... I like to watch, but only see 3/4 animes, nothing more. But i truly love Fairy Tail... Is something i cant express :D And there comes my PSN name! And the number "24" is the day i started dating with my girlfriend, wich is very special to me, and i always liked this number :D

Edited by Natsuu24

I got mine when playing metal gear solid 3 online back in the day, I used the name 'Murda' back then, and then a friend asked me join his clan, but i didnt really know what username i was gonna use for it, he got the brilliant idea of spelling my name backwards, but he probably missed in writing as he said 'why dont you call yourself adrua' (instead of 'adrum') dunno but i kinda liked the sound of it, so thats kind of why i kept it

Edited by DJ_AdruA