Sequels you would like to see?

RadiantFlamberge

Here are some sequels I'd like to see:

House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn- Port the arcade version to PS5 with a 4K option. I think it may be a little much to port perfectly to PS4, since Sega ALLS UX is some powerful hardware (Intel Core i7 7th gen, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM).

Time Crisis 5- Like above, but make it for PS4. A PS5 enhanced mode could ramp up the graphics settings and add 8K support. No need to fully remaster it like TC2.

Ridge Racer 7 HD- Not a sequel but a straight port using PS4 and 5's power for higher resolutions.

F.E.A.R. 4- My idea would be to have a 24 year time jump after F3's ending with Alma's child being the protagonist. This would follow the bad ending where Fettel wins, with an option for you to either side with him or turn against him in the end. It should be darker and edgier like the first two games are.

Namco GunCon (controller)- For PS4 and PS5 I'd like to see a GunCon 4 from Namco, based on the Gun4IR tech or something similar. G4IR uses four infra-red LEDs, one along each border of your screen. PS Move is not as accurate as a GunCon... that's why if you're playing Time Crisis 4 with Move, there's a crosshair.

52 minutes ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Here are some sequels I'd like to see:

House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn- Port the arcade version to PS5 with a 4K option. I think it may be a little much to port perfectly to PS4, since Sega ALLS UX is some powerful hardware (Intel Core i7 7th gen, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM).

Time Crisis 5- Like above, but make it for PS4. A PS5 enhanced mode could ramp up the graphics settings and add 8K support. No need to fully remaster it like TC2.

Ridge Racer 7 HD- Not a sequel but a straight port using PS4 and 5's power for higher resolutions.

F.E.A.R. 4- My idea would be to have a 24 year time jump after F3's ending with Alma's child being the protagonist. This would follow the bad ending where Fettel wins, with an option for you to either side with him or turn against him in the end. It should be darker and edgier like the first two games are.

Namco GunCon (controller)- For PS4 and PS5 I'd like to see a GunCon 4 from Namco, based on the Gun4IR tech or something similar. G4IR uses four infra-red LEDs, one along each border of your screen. PS Move is not as accurate as a GunCon... that's why if you're playing Time Crisis 4 with Move, there's a crosshair.

I'd love another fear game. I'd ignore the 3rd game and want a sequel to the 2nd though

• Like 1

Pikmin 4 - I remember waiting forever between Pikmin 2 and Pikmin 3's release (2004 to 2013), and in the past few years I was hopeful, thinking "hey, we waited ages for Pikmin 3, so what's a similar wait on the 4th game?". But with each passing year, I'm getting increasingly less hopeful that it'll ever happen. It still remains one of my favourite series of all time, and try as I might, I've never been able to find anything that scratches the Pikmin shaped itch I've had in my life for so, so long now. Hey Pikmin wasn't terrible (it also wasn't great either), I think I enjoyed it more than many seem to, but I'll be gutted if that's the last Pikmin game the franchise will ever see (not gonna include Pikmin Bloom because it isn't really quite a game, in my book anyway).

Ogre Battle 64 - Like Pikmin, this is another game where I've never found a substitute to fill the hole it left in my life after I was finished playing it. With all the remasters, ports and remakes Square Enix have been doing lately, I really hope if nothing else, they port this, eventually. I think if there is going to be any kind of new game or sequel, it'd be for Tactics Ogre, which is also great, but kind of a different beast from the Battle games, being turn based instead of real-time strat and all.

Spyro 4 - *criesinActivisionbeingaccquiredbyMicrosoft* But in all seriousness, if there WAS a Spyro 4, I'd definitely still get it even if it was an Xbox exclusive. But I haven't seen a Spyro 4 happening long before the acquisition deal anyway, since Toys for Bob have been put on CoD Warzone development duty. And I think with each passing year, it's gonna be less and less likely with hype for the trilogy remakes having long since died down, and the nostalgia money train setting its eyes on something else instead.

Mother 4 - Yeah this is never going to happen in a million years aside from the fan game. Would be cool though. Probably. I'm still salty about the last Nintendo Direct, hoping deep down that maybe they were actually teasing Mother 3 for the west at long last with their Mother 1 and 2 montages. At least the fan translation exists and still gets worked on every so often by the very dedicated team behind it, but it would be nice to own an official physical copy. Or better, a full on remake with claymation style graphics. If anyone has seen the Mother 3 Tribute video recently, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Devil Survivor/Majin Tensei/Digital Devil Saga - Alright so I'm really only even mentioning these ones due to Soul Hackers 2 being announced recently. I'll truly never understand the inner workings of Atlus or how they make the decisions they do. They're making a sequel to a 25 year old game (or 9 year old game if you count it from the 3DS remake), which is a spin off of a spin off of a spin off (spin off of Devil Summoner, which is a spin off of Shin Megami Tensei, which is a spin of Megami Tensei, which is a spin off a book series). Now don't get me wrong, I'm very excited for Soul Hackers 2 and was very surprised to see they're doing a sequel to this game given... Well, the points I just mentioned. Maybe this is why they reprinted copies of the first Soul Hackers on 3DS recently...?

Anyway, point is, there's shit tons of spin offs in the Megami Tensei franchise now. So much so that even Atlus doesn't even seem to care to keep track any more considering they've dropped Shin Megami Tensei from the title of SH2 entirely. But of all the spin-offs to make a revival off, why a spin off of Devil Summoner exactly? And a sequel to a game that isn't really available on modern gaming systems any more? Maybe they'll port the first game but given this is Atlus, they're also just as likely to randomly port Jack Bros instead or something.

The Majin Tensei and Devil Survivor games could really do with a new game right about now, just sayin'. And the Digital Devil Saga kinda needs to be available on something newer than the PS2 at this point (or PS3, where they have emulation issues). And maybe, just maybe, make a spin off of Digital Devil Saga. That'd be cool, then maybe make a spin off of that too, just for good measure. I really enjoyed the gameplay mechanics of those spin offs (of spin offs), being the demons instead of taming demons, and having relative freedom to learn which moves and spells you deem fit for each character.

Darksiders 4 - Strife's Solo game to see what happened after Darksiders 3, or what he was doing during DS3. Plus we would get to learn how he lost both his guns.

Darksiders 5 - The final chapter in the story, a solid Single player experience where we can use all 4 horsemen (we can either swap between them or choose 1 at the start). Finally get to see where it all ends and the aftermath. If folks want a co-op game then I say do a separate game for that, just my take on it.

Legacy of Kain - The Final game to wrap up the story, I know this will never happen, plus several of the voice actors are gone.

Folklore 2 - Not sure how this would work but it could be interesting.

Ghostbusters 2 - a game that could connect the first game to Afterlife and show us what happen up to the movie or at least up to when Egon left.

Edited by Void
  • Like 2

An XCOM 3 sure would be nice, perhaps featuring some Long War ideas, new enemies, new maps, more customisation options, etc. Globally more of everything, except load times.

Otherwise, more Dragon Age or Mass Effect, I guess, or a PS5 port of Baldur’s Gate 3. Wouldn't mind a slew of exciting new IPs, though. :)

• Like 2

Alien Isolation - It ended on a tantalising cliffhanger, and I’m itching to play as Amanda again. If I were to rank the Alien franchise I’d put A:I above most of the movies (which, granted, isn’t saying much).

Firewatch - This is a tricky one because I feel it has a compact story. But the plot was a bit disappointing in places and a sequel could maybe tie things up better between Henry and Delilah.

(the two above are a pipe dream anyway since the teams are now dismantled). ?

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - Like Firewatch, this had a very compact story but I felt that it could’ve been expanded on. I really loved the unique setting and how good the game looked, so I’d like to see a sequel maybe set in a different village.

• Like 1

Fallout 5. The Elder Scrolls 6. The Witcher 4.

sadly, F5 and TES6 won’t be released on PS5. I literally felt like crying when Microsoft bought Bethesda! Also Witcher 3 was confirmed as the last one in the series. We can dream though.

Oh, one that might actually happen one day that I’d love to see would be a follow up to Mass Effect Andromeda. That game had real potential and I love Mass Effect.

these are the games I have some realistic wishes for sequels that I believe/know won't happen

Accel World vs. Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight

- sequel 100% about the Accel World half copying the Persona 5 style gameplay

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

- there's a huge gap between the chronological timeline of the end of AC4 and the start of AC3 that leaves room for a sequel to 4 with the same main character, full next gen UR3 level of graphics

Batman: Arkham Knight

- full next gen UE5 level graphics sequel timegap to The Dark Knight Returns story in the Arkham universe

Bloodborne

- I don't need it, but I would play it

inFamous Second Son

- GTA style 3 playable characters, Cole from 1/2, Delsin from Second Son and a new one in Tokyo

Persona 5

- staright sequel right after the game ends with a new set of bad guys, some of the main cast return, some new ones, new location, US maybe? or Europe, main guy and Ann are a must return for canon romance

Watch Dogs

- full on Batman style superhero take sequel to the first game with Aidem as "The Fox", full next gen original vision UE5 level graphics, keeping the mature dark tone storytelling instead of the weird failed to be funny tone of the new games

Edited by THE DARK KNIGHT

Garou: Mark of the Wolves 2 - by Dotemu (or at least in that Streets of Rage 4 hand drawn 2D style)

Jet Set Radio - Another sequel or just an HD port of Jet Set Radio Future given that’s locked on the OG Xbox.

Snatcher or Policenauts - Not really sequels but Kojima Productions getting the rights to reimagine either of these as a 3rd person open world game.

OutRun 3 - Blazin’ fast Ferraris and colourful Sega blue skies in 4K 60fps? OutRun 2 is already so so good, just gimme more.

Initial D - The “Arcade Stage” games are fine but I always felt Sega’s version of Initial D could be so much better with just little more effort, make it like a Need for Speed or small scale Forza Horizon where we can just drive around the towns/mountains getting challenged. Or get quirky and have the Yakuza/RGG studio reimagine it as a weird driving RPG (something along the lines of Square’s “Racing Lagoon” from the PS1 days).

Edited by Tsundokuist
  • Like 1