Chrono Cross trophy thoughts/Spoiler warning

I’m quite impressed with this list. They actually made it a completion run. None of it is hard, but some of it will take a bit. Basically you’ll have to make almost three full runs of the game. For the endings, I believe you can just play to certain parts of NG+, then reload. The ability to skip battles will be a godsend, but you do have to fight 500 times, so maybe not until then.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2

Getting all characters won't be so bad, and feeding the dragons in the stable will be annoying, but I don't remember how to get all the frames (could be a slog). Some of these trophies are all over the place, ranging from too easy (flee from a battle) to a pain in the ass (10,000 points in roulette).

I've played both Chrono Cross and Radical Dreamers previously, and am in no rush to replay them. But the trophy list seems nice (even though it does seemingly exclude Radical Dreamers). If I ever buy it for PS4 (I've got the physical Asian version for Switch pre-ordered), I may make it a milestone platinum, eventually. I basically already 100%ed this game previously, so I don't think it should be too difficult.

5 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

That says it is released today....

It says that it releases at 9pm Pacific Time on April 6, which is 13 hours from now. Since the release time is so late today, it releases "today" (April 6) in some timezones, and "tomorrow" (April 7) in others. But 13 hours from now either way.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1

I would be stunned if Square did anything but the bare minimum here. Patching out the ability to pause in the roulette game seems like far too much effort.

All in all, I think these trophies are OK. I'm a little sad that Miguel doesn't get named in his own trophy. He's one of my favorite characters.

3 hours ago, Helyx said:

Getting all characters won't be so bad, and feeding the dragons in the stable will be annoying, but I don't remember how to get all the frames (could be a slog). Some of these trophies are all over the place, ranging from too easy (flee from a battle) to a pain in the ass (10,000 points in roulette).

My memory says that the frames were hiding in random places in the environment. I don't think there were any indicators that they were there; you would just go up to, say, a cart of fish, check it, and a frame would be there.

I also vaguely recall that the same place might not have the frame at different times in the game.

5 hours ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

The trophies for getting a Rainbow Weapon and a set of Rainbow armor are missable.

There's a trophy for recruiting all party members, which can only be done in New game+, so the platinum is going to take at least two playthroughs.

Getting all the frames will require at least two playthroughs as the availability of some are dependent on what story path you take.

Deadly Delta is also missable because unlocking the level 7 techs required for it can easily be missed. 

"Why are they doing this? Platinum Rant Chrono Cross Version" thread incoming...

• Like 3

If you haven't ever played Chrono Cross, and don't want parts of the game spoiled

Who are you talking to? The answer: Someone who played the original Chrono Cross and got to the final boss(but couldn't beat it because of the stupid Simon Says minigame you have to do to get the good ending :() a long time ago. xD

You won't spoil me.

6 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

If they do chrono trigger I'll have hope that they will also do final fantasy 6

That's already happened. The pixel remaster of the first six Final Fantasy games are out on Steam and it was stated that the final game being out will mark the start of the console versions. The time frame on that is what we don't know.

I never got past the 2nd disk part were the white tower shoots out of the ocean, Always got lost around there - Then lent the game to my friend, and he "Traded it in" to Game bro's (Old Game store from 20 years ago... god i'm old...)

I'm Soaked to play this again, between this, FF7, and Ledgen of dragon was my fave games!

Getting all endings will be interesting, I think ive only seen a handful via YouTube 

12 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

That's already happened. The pixel remaster of the first six Final Fantasy games are out on Steam and it was stated that the final game being out will mark the start of the console versions. The time frame on that is what we don't know.

unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't mind if the pixel remasters had 1 list

6 does deserve its own list, so I wouldn't mind that either 

1 hour ago, TalalHmd said:

unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't mind if the pixel remasters had 1 list

6 does deserve its own list, so I wouldn't mind that either 

Each one has their own set of achievements on PC.

Edited by angelbless45
  • Like 1