Oh man this game really bad….

5 minutes ago, Megaman80 said:

Am i the only one who think this game sucks…

terrible repedetive combat and very lackluster combat.

i maybe can see 12-14 year old kids loving this game…

whts your thoughts on this game?

soon at chapter 13. looking forward to move on :)

I remembering when the first trailer came out I was like WOW this is trash! But Everyone said it was a good game! Soooo I took the leap of faith and purchased the game and I was shocked how fun and funny it was! I do agree the combat was getting old really fast! But I did enjoy the game :) But I understand all the points you made  

Edited by Titanomachy_75
  • Like 4

I'll agree the combat isn't overly complicated but I don't mind that, especially since the game isn't a drawn out, bloated affair.

The characters and writing are good. The settings are varied and the enemies at least change over time and aren't (mostly) just copied from location to location.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

but this could be a status update to avoid spamming the game forum with irrelevant information.

No one reads status updates. I don't care for the thread title, but discussing the quality of a game doesn't seem spam to me. 

• Like 2

Like most modern games, it's just a'ight. The writing and voice acting was good, that was about the only memorable thing about it. 

Then again, I'm also completely burnt out on anything to do with Marvel that I'm just completely uninterested in anything superhero related these days. Is this superhero craze ever going to end already? 

While I won’t give the combat any awards or anything, I thought it was passable; at least it encouraged using your teammates’ skills and didn’t rely on three enemy types, occasionally saying “but this one is blue!” to claim nonexistent enemy diversity. I never rolled my eyes and said “oh, joy, I get to fight. Again.” or spent time trying to find ways to avoid engaging with the combat system, which happens too much in a lot of other games.

The rest of the game I thought was very enjoyable. The environments were just big enough (and with enough doodads and collectibles to justify poking around in them) and well detailed, the characters, voice acting and dialogue were all great, the soundtrack is perfect - though I am admittedly biased in that regard, being very much a child of my time and still in love with buttrock, much to the shame of those around me - and the game was just the right length, being long enough to satisfy without overstaying its welcome.

I honestly was going to skip the game entirely when it came out - I’m not particularly a fan of the Guardians, and the taste Marvel’s Avengers left in my mouth had me giving it the side-eye - but my wife gave it to me for Christmas and I was very pleasantly surprised. Especially given how frequently you can grab it on sale for half off (or more in some cases), I think it’s well worth looking at.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Its a fantastic game. Your taste is questionable 

Hah. You must be 12 even though having a 28 number in your name. That aside. The game is super linear and boring. The humor gets old quite fast. The grapics are quite nice, but thats just about it. I think you are better off watching the movies. There is absolutely no challenge in the game and its the same combat over and over again, as well as non skippa le scenes.(thank god its possible to skip dialogue though). Im very curious what you think makes this game fantastic. For example spiderman games are 10x better then this trash, even though its not difficult at all. 

for me its all about gameplay, i can see if people like the game due to the story and comic elements.

I didn't like the game a whole lot either.

• awful ps5 performance, 1080p sacrifice for 60 frames is poor
  • gameplay is repetitive, not engaging and is boring
  • I really don't think the story is that great either, the villain was not interesting at all

However, I think the guardian voice acting, their looks, and dialogue is great.

Edited by CosmoWolf_
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

I didn't like the game a whole lot either.

• awful ps5 performance, 1080p sacrifice for 60 frames is poor
  • gameplay is repetitive, not engaging and is boring
  • I really don't think the story is that great either, the villain was not interesting at all

However, I think the guardian voice acting, looks and dialogue is great.

Welcome to the questionable club mate, haha. Great to see others out there sharing my feelings towards the game. Its not like the worst game i have played but still i think its overly hyped, and i felt for it.

On 8/20/2022 at 8:04 AM, mega-tallica said:

Then again, I'm also completely burnt out on anything to do with Marvel that I'm just completely uninterested in anything superhero related these days. Is this superhero craze ever going to end already? 

That’s why I jumped off the gravy train after Iron Man 3.

Marvel fanboys are some of the worst scum out there on the internet. I’m not talking about Marvel fans, I’m talking about Marvel fanboys, who can’t take a dose of criticism, whether or not Martin Scorsese referred to them as Marvel movies not being cinema, I don’t care. The fact that so many fanboys automatically discredited Scorsese and his opinion was appalling. 

And the amount of 35 - 40 year old men acting like 14 - 16 year old kids when it comes to Marvel is equally as appalling. I loved Marvel comics as a kid, same with some Marvel games I played back on the PS2. But this craze has to stop. 

While Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales was a good game with an easy, enjoyable platinum, I would of been happier if they just gave Miles Morales an original superhero character for him to play as while tagging alongside Peter Parker. Like Batman and Robin. 

Not interested in this Marvel game, I’m just waiting for something original, if Marvel is even capable of doing that.

Edited by AJ_Radio

Overall, I liked the game quite a bit. What got to me is the constant arguing from the team. It got well past the stage it was funny or entertaining, especially when it got to where Rocket wouldn't talk to Peter directly, so every flarking line got repeated multiple times.

"Tell Peter..."

"Hey Peter, Rocket says..."

"Well tell Rocket..."

"Hey Rocket, Peter says..."

It was so annoying! Especially since it's that way for the majority of the game. They don't start working well together until late in the game.

Edited by Man of Inaction

Ive recently just platted this and its one of the best experiences i have had with a video game in ages.

Loved the banter between them and the humour was brilliant. 

The soundtrack was amazing, especially during the final boss battle. 

The combat was simple and got a bit repetitive during the end of my plat but im 33 years old so im happy with simple these days.

Overall a great game that had the feel good factor and was great fun. Made me smile the entire time

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I'm currently on chapter 3. So when you leave the ship you meet those cube jelly things and it appeared your main character to be useless against them in combat and it felt more like I had to micromanage the combat as only team mates did any damage to them. I think go to get the next set of collectibles where you're on your own and two of those Jelly things appear and all I was abale to do was dodge around them, shooting does barely anything to them and all the while all I can hear is the annoying team mates blabbering on.

I quit out at that point. So I wanted to ask what I am supposed to do in that section, wait for team mates which didn't seem to be happening for the few minutes I was shooting and dodging, or is there something else you need to do?