The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Discussion Thread

Roronora_Zoro666

Tomorrow we have:

-England vs. Iran (8:00am ET | 5:00am PT)

-Senegal vs. Netherlands (11:00am ET | 8:00am PT)

-United States vs. Wales (2:00pm ET | 11:00am PT)

Only team I’m rooting for is Netherlands, but here’s hoping I wake up early enough to even watch it.

These early games will be the death of me. RIP West Coast in trying to watch the first two games.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jeanoltt said:

Qatar has no culture of football and they absolutely don't deserve the world cup. This isn't at attack or something, I would be more than glad if they give the cup to another african country like South Africa, but not like this. Fans were dissapearing after the second goal, only half an hour into the match. And when I mean fans I mean rich class watching the show.

Football was always about the lower classes, stories like those move the sport forward, and not these kind of intros where Qatar plays the victim while there were thousands of deaths in the preparation of the WC, slavery, homophobia, shady human rights, etc.

Im still pissed about the alcohol.

pour-one-out-for-the-homies-olde-english

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Tomorrow we have:

-England vs. Iran (7:00am ET | 4:00am PT)

-Senegal vs. Netherlands (10:00am ET | 7:00am PT)

-United States vs. Wales (1:00pm ET | 10:00am PT)

Only team I’m rooting for is Netherlands, but here’s hoping I wake up early enough to even watch it.

These early games will be the death of me. RIP West Coast in trying to watch the first two games.

Your times are off by an hour.  England game is 8:00 ET, USA is 2:00 ET

• Like 1

I disapprove of the FIFA organization in its entirety. Decisions to take the blood money of Qatar are just too commonplace to be outraged by. The longer it goes on, the more horrific slights at other cultures we hear about, the worse the decision will be looked back upon.

Also, the rich fans are the true fans of soccer. Poor people don't buy tickets.

I'm not surprised Qatar lost that game (and they'll probably loose the rest two games as well). All of those dudes play in the Qatar Stars League (that's the name of their top level league). All of them! Not even one player represents an European club. LMAO, with a squad like this, you are bound to lose.

I expected more from Qatar considering they didn't perform that bad at the Copa America 2019, drawing 2 - 2 with Paraguay, and only losing 1 - 0 to Colombia and 2 - 0 to Argentina. They were either too nervous or they are simply too bad and what they showed 3 years ago was just a mirage. I believe they won't score any goals at all in this World Cup.

It turns out that the company airing the World Cup in my country will not air all matches unlike last time, they won't even air the most attractive match of the group stage phase: Spain vs Germany, come on! 

7 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I expected more from Qatar considering they didn't perform that bad at the Copa America 2019, drawing 2 - 2 with Paraguay, and only losing 1 - 0 to Colombia and 2 - 0 to Argentina. They were either too nervous or they are simply too bad and what they showed 3 years ago was just a mirage. I believe they won't score any goals at all in this World Cup.

It turns out that the company airing the World Cup in my country will not air all matches unlike last time, they won't even air the most attractive match of the group stage phase: Spain vs Germany, come on! 

Lets be fair. Hard to not be nervous when you're imagining a sword above your head.

Qatar had little in the way of chances but really should have scored on that header they had. As @Ninjise put it, was like it was their first game. Players had no capacity to work out what opposing players were going to do.

• Like 1

Qatar was so weak that no one realized how weak Ecuador was playing. Unless they were holding back to not spend to much energy of course. If that's the case this tactic could cost them in the long run. Obviously on paper Senegal en Holland are the favourites in this group. So going full out to score as many goals as possible against this weak an opponent might have been better. Just in case you tie for second place in the end. But then again Ecuador does have a pretty strong defence with nil conceded goals in the last seven games if I'm correct, which could mean they might be banking on that.

2 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Tomorrow we have:

-England vs. Iran (8:00am ET | 5:00am PT)

-Senegal vs. Netherlands (11:00am ET | 8:00am PT)

-United States vs. Wales (2:00pm ET | 11:00am PT)

Do what I do lol

https://twitter.com/Pirelli913/status/1594196364703199232?s=20&t=ZY8JdymQWF_f6c_Og4VUfg

1 hour ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Updated

In your defense, assuming you live in the USA, FS1 had them marked an hour earlier because they want people to turn into the hour long pregame. ?