Sony Reportedly taking steps to ban Shovelware

diskdocx

17 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

This is great news. Now if they could just also remove all of the trophies earned from these associated games. As the damage has still been done.

if they do this (99.9% unlikely), they should also refund everyone who bought these games off the store

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Thrillhelm said:

Thats your personal view, I don't dwell in griefing or shaming. But then again thats a common sport in this forum, given the number of griefers in this thread who want people have their trophies removed. 

So on one hand its a big issue and Sony has to do something but on the other these games do not make Sony enough money to care about because Sony bathes in billions yet these products somehow damage their reputation beyond repair. 

It's not about griefing or shaming. It's about the fact most of us just think it's really pathetic people waste their lives chasing trophies on games that aren't even games.

You obviously care what other people think to some degree or you wouldn't be posting/tracking trophies on this site. 

Unfortunately for you, the majority opinion is that profiles loaded with these types of games aren't impressive, they are really sad. 

They display the fact you're trying to impress others and the sad part is that once others view the profile stacked with these games they lose respect. 

Edited by GodKaio-Ken
  • Like 4

I'm still waiting for either Sony makes an official claim on this or for the games to desapear from the store.

Until that, I will take the news with a truckload of salt...

On another news: several of the "Strocks" games are currently on sale with a special price for ps+ subscribers.. yes, this definitely help me believing in the news about they being banned..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

26 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

it's not just my personal view.  it's Sony's view now too buddy along with countess others.

Strawman's argument. A lot of people tend to speak on behalf of others to booster their argument. 

Sony did not say people wasted their money, you did. 

Enough of your hostility, "buddy".

• Like 1

AH VINDICATION! I posted something about shovelware when I found out about it earlier this year, pleading for people to not buy these "JUMPING" "RUN" etc games. The comments made fun of me for saying these games taking up space on the new releases store drowns out the actual new indie releases that need attention. Eat sh*t, gamers :D nobody cares about having time and money and choosing to buy shovelware, it's ruining the gaming experience and Sony agrees

Edited by APeskyAxolotl

1 minute ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I'm still waiting for either Sony makes an official claim on this or for the games to desapear from the store.

Until that, I will take the news with a truckload of salt...

On another news: several of the "Strocks" games are currently on sale with a special price for ps+ subscribers.. yes, this definitely help me believing in the news about they being banned..

Why would they make an official claim on this? They way the opening post is worded is that this is about some email or contractual changes between Sony(PSN) and game makers. Something completely behind the scenes we generally shouldn't be a part of. 

PlayStation®Partners Account and CertOps? Nothing to do with the public. 

14 minutes ago, GodKaio-Ken said:

It's not about griefing or shaming. It's about the fact most of us just think it's really pathetic people waste their lives chasing trophies on games that aren't even games.

You obviously care what other people think to some degree or you wouldn't be posting/tracking trophies on this site. 

Unfortunately for you, the majority opinion is that profiles loaded with these types of games aren't impressive, they are really sad. 

They display the fact you're trying to impress others and the sad part is that once others view the profile stacked with these games they lose respect. 

Another strawman's argument. "Majority opinion", no its a vocal, hostile, griefing minority creating a toxic environment, turning threads like these into flaming dumpster fires.

• Like 1

Just now, TJ_Solo said:

Why would they make an official claim on this? They way the opening post is worded is that this is about some email or contractual changes between Sony(PSN) and game makers. Something completely behind the scenes we generally shouldn't be a part of. 

PlayStation00ae.pngPartners Account and CertOps? Nothing to do with the public. 

Yes, but until we actually see something of this becoming true, that letter is as real has wishful thinking..

I will believe it when I see some action on it, as I said it doesn't need to be an official statement, they removing all that shovelware from the store is also a valid confirmation for me.

2 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

PlayStation®Partners Account and CertOps? Nothing to do with the public. 

And one publisher has already acknowledged the memo and retweeted the story. Still not confirmation, but it makes the original story slightly more credible.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thrillhelm said:

Strawman's argument. A lot of people tend to speak on behalf of others to booster their argument. 

Sony did not say people wasted their money, you did. 

Enough of your hostility, "buddy".

I run my mouth just as much as the next guy. If you can't take it, don't throw it around. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Yes, but until we actually see something of this becoming true, that letter is as real has wishful thinking..

I will believe it when I see some action on it, as I said it doesn't need to be an official statement, they removing all that shovelware from the store is also a valid confirmation for me.

To be clear, I am not questioning the validity of the change. Only that I wouldn't expect PlayStation to come out and talk about this. Much like their change to censorship and getting Japanese games certified aren't matters PlayStation have publically acknowledged but a few devs have claimed to have issue with. 

It's probably true and I expect fewer of those spam games on the store.

1 minute ago, TJ_Solo said:

To be clear, I am not questioning the validity of the change. Only that I wouldn't expect PlayStation to come out and talk about this. Much like their change to censorship and getting Japanese games certified aren't matters PlayStation have publically acknowledged but a few devs have claimed to have issue with. 

It's probably true and I expect fewer of those spam games on the store.

Fair enough.

Yes, it's unlikely, that they will talk openly about it, but by the letter, they also talk about delisting shovelware, so, if it's really true, I expect to see it happen in the psn store, not just behind backs talk.

I actually only decided to post because people are starting to be somewhat "hyped" (I guess) about this when there was nothing solid about it. And as I mentioned it, Sony currently has several of this shovelware on sale too..

But apparently some publishers are putting some weight in this info, so, it should be true to some extent.