2022 PlayStation Wrap-Up is here!

BTimchev

AJ-Radio-jpg.png

Pretty typical for how I do gaming on Sony platforms. Hours are a bit off because over 100+ hours was my console just idling on the map screen for Yakuza 0, which still counts for time. 

A couple other games I idled for longer than I probably played them. Shame that PS3/Vita games aren’t included, would easily reach the 1600 hour mark if they did. 

Three to four hours a day spent on average. Two to three hours if you take away all the time spent idling.

• Like 3

3sE2qyRl.jpgVaK97mTl.jpg

Ah yes, one of my key trophy highlights from this year was earning my first trophy 11 years ago. And who could forget "NOT AVAILABLE" from 12/5/2022? /s

amkaAK3l.png

Did I play 16 games or 17 games? While interesting to look at, it's difficult to take this seriously when it gets so many things wrong. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

lJkZVWe.png

5B52wwB.jpeg

No surprise here as hunt showdown completely consumed my free time for the past year which is the main reason I haven't completed much. An underrated gem everyone should try if you're into competitive fps or looking for a unique online experience. 

I couldn't agree more. Has to be the most underrated game I know of. Never gets enough recognition. Quite literally everything from the music to the landscape and atmosphere is borderline perfect. 

This is the 3rd account I got plat for it, mostly played on another, but when scrolling through looking at everyone's playtime and most played game and then seeing yours it made me smile. Was thinking this guy has taste I can relate to

• Like 2

Only natural that Romanian's version of Wrapup won't also give me thumbnails together with the list. I can't see the sweet game image because...the site crashes on my end.

Ah well:

eyeI556.jpg

To be honest, I spent way more time in Elden Ring, but I had to go offline a couple of times (goddamn invaders won't let me hunt for crabs in Liurnia). Anyway, Elden Ring wins again for me ?

Normally, Persona 4 Arena should have been there too, but you know...PS3.

The most hilarious entry for me is ...Metal Wolf Chaos. I really do NOT remember playing that game for that long xD 

• Like 3

HTZUbal.png

Wasn't really surprised what game took number 1 spot. Last year's spot went to Resogun, and that's because I was busy with boosting then.

Also, I like how it shows the image from Season 6. Since I started the game during that time, I guess it makes sense. Still, I like it, as that was a nostalgic time.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, iXanon said:
6 hours ago, Jeanoltt said:

Only true gamers try Frozen Free Fall on their main account, so don't worry (having flashbacks of my past right now)

This made it onto my top 5 list last year ?. It's a 100% 4 years in the making. Seven levels left and I'll finally be done with it. Maybe by Next summer ?.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, enaysoft said:

No idea how to post pictures, also I am so lazy, so just text from me.

1. Elden Ring 557 hours

2. Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate 143 hours

3. Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium 134 hours

4. Capcom Arcade Stadium 74 hours

5. Tetris Effect 52 hours

I am not sure what is more impressive, the fact I got over 500 hours on Elden Ring.

Or the fact I got over 52 hours on Tetris Effect, from playing only the weekend challenges each week for nearly a year. lol

https://wrapup.playstation.com/en-gb/62d2693b0988c32547c89df88a72153ab5ff1b0617c3062f4528287e95664940/?emcid=ot-ha-456949

FUCKING HELL! 3609 hours! lol

3609 / 365 = Almost 10 hours a day.

How is that even possible? Is your entire life just playing games or are you boosting by leaving your Playstation on all night or something? lol

I did play quite a lot this year haha, but the more realistic number is 2000-2500h I would say. I left a few games running during the night

MD-91-1.png

The actual amount of games it said I played is 25, changes to 2 when I download the card for some reason

It's a shame it doesn't track PS3 as I played 22 PS3 games and earned 458 trophies, would probably add up to another 500 hours

I clearly need to stop leaving my console idle in menus or something as there's no way I actually played that much Fifa (also obviously didn't play the PS5 version)

Top 5 Games

1) Fifa 22 = 357 hours (can't have been more than 200 at most)

2) Tetris Effect = 222 hours (in game tracker says 170 and I would say this is my actual most played game of the year)

3) Yakuza 0 = 169 hours (in game tracker said 150)

4) Yakuza Kiwami = 95 hours (in game tracker said 80)

5) Yakuza Kiwami 2 = 92 hours (in game 70)

Edited by MD_91

1,759 hours played

61 games played

1,635 trophies earned

32 ps plus games

#1 Game: Gran Turismo 7 (295 hours)

I'm disgusted I spent this much time on GT7. Game is not worth it and I got addicted to grinding which was a giant waste of time.

My #2 most played game was Elden Ring which IMO is the best game ever made.

No. 1 is FFXIV! Such is the life of an MMO player ?. 

FF14 will forever top these wrap-ups for the rest of my life lol.

9KjB67n.png

Followed by my Game of the Year for 2022: Elden Ring!

Lots of fun playing solo and co-op with my friend who I convinced to play this game with me. 

bK3G6vL.png

3rd game is GOW: Ragnarok:

114 Hours logged ; 4% Total annual playtime

4th game is Cyberpunk 2077: 

86 Hours logged ; 3% Total annual playtime

and then interestingly enough, the 5th game is Tekken 7!

56 Hours logged ; 2% Total annual playtime

This wrap-up accurately represents my genre preference when it comes to video games. RPGs (with a bit of Tekken ?). But I feel like whether or not RPG games are your main genre, the moment you play one it can easily dominate your wrap-up tally for the year since RPGs are usually significantly longer than non-RPG games. 

? Predictions for next year?

1. FFXIV

2. Monster Hunter Rise

3. FFXVI

4.  FFVII Rebirth (it's gonna come out Nov-Dec 2023 - I believe!)

5. Persona 4 Golden / Persona 3 Portable

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Riiszk said:

I couldn't agree more. Has to be the most underrated game I know of. Never gets enough recognition. Quite literally everything from the music to the landscape and atmosphere is borderline perfect. 

This is the 3rd account I got plat for it, mostly played on another, but when scrolling through looking at everyone's playtime and most played game and then seeing yours it made me smile. Was thinking this guy has taste I can relate to

It's certainly a special game for those who are willing to get past the steep learning curve, unforgiving gameplay and outdated graphics but definitely one that's worth sticking with. Keep telling myself i need to take a break so i can finish other stuff but its just not possible right now especially with all the events they keep putting out. Do you still play? If so I'm pretty sure we've crossed paths many times. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

It's certainly a special game for those who are willing to get past the steep learning curve, unforgiving gameplay and outdated graphics but definitely one that's worth sticking with. Keep telling myself i need to take a break so i can finish other stuff but its just not possible right now especially with all the events they keep putting out. Do you still play? If so I'm pretty sure we've crossed paths many times. 

I played it on and off in 2020 and then went back to it mid last year for this account, but I don't play anymore. The lobbies aren't populated enough in my region and it died off quite quickly. I do remember queue times being crazy just to find 1 or 2 others so it was never something I could get competitive about. I played so much that I had experienced everything the AI could do 1000 times over and basically mastered everything to do with AI and what I actually looked for was a challenge against other players. I'd find lobbies with 1 or 2 players who either seemed very new and stood no challenge which was kinda boring, or were boosting their k/d and cheating to kill me. I was boosting headshots with myself as my server was dead, but they would do the same as me, which was kill their 2nd account and spectate and know exactly where the whole lobby is on the map, but I'd leave after getting my head shot for the trophy so I could queue again to keep grinding. Half the time they'd kill my 2nd no matter where I hid it, and then hunt me down in their group. When I did manage to kill my 2nd, I could see them running exact paths straight to me every time while I just tried to save my character and leave. There was a lot of boosters, almost just as many as regular players. Because I'm Aussie, I'm guessing boosters used my server as it was most dead to boost on. I think that's when I really lost interest in it, though on release I had the most fun in years on a video game 

• Like 1