Xbox CEO just gives up

Rozalia1

8 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

They have done absolutely nothing positive for the hobby in the entire time they've been around.

I agree that Microsoft should probably just fuck off at this point, but... Halo (even if they admittedly haven't been treating it the best for some time now, but shhh).

Edited by Zephrese

2 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I rank Xbox just below mobile gaming at this point. (5th place)

Well, I was paraphrasing Phil, and it's probably my third place personally.

EDIT: I was going to ask how it was 5th place, but I completely forgot about PC. :D 

Edited by Dreakon13

11 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I really do hope Xbox ends up being like, a service or something and just gets the fuck out of any other aspect of video games. 

They have done absolutely nothing positive for the hobby in the entire time they've been around.

You’d still be buying memory cards if the OG Xbox had never been released. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, wardragon989 said:

I honestly feel Phil or maybe Xbox believe if you have games they will come, while the actual mentality is if you have system seller names people will come. Sony doesn't just buy the names all these names took time to build (God of War is on its 9th entry?). PS3 was super dead in the first few years and also had their faults but a price cut, big titles from first party and possibly support behind the scenes helped showcase good experiences that carried on to the next gen. If they want to succeed they need to help their studios grow.

Hi Fi Rush is an example. It succeed but Xbox act like it doesn't exist.

I can understand where Phil is coming from.  For your example of the PS3, the industry has changed immensely since then.  If their loyalties don't keep players on their platforms of choice these days, their digital libraries will.  The only way Xbox comes back like the PS3 did, is if Sony completely implodes... like shuts down PSN, deletes peoples libraries, etc.  A few 10/10 games might get Playstation owners with money burning their pockets to at least buy their console, but it's not going to make anyone switch outright or really give Xbox an edge.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2