Ps Plus  

389 members have voted

1. 1. Rate December 2023's PS+ lineup

• Awesome
    • Great
    • Good
    • Bad
    • Awful
  2. 2. Which game are you most interested in?

• Lego 2K Drive
    • Powerwash Simulator
    • Sable
    • None of them

3 hours ago, djb5f said:

I can’t believe 1) there is a game for simulating Power Washing (of all things!)  and 2) how many people seem to be interested in it.   And it seems there is more interest in the trophy community for something like that than a full-fledged game like NBA 2K.  Complete opposite reaction than the general gaming community would have.  Maybe because it is an easier/quicker plat?

Not at all, if you look at comments on YT or Twitter most people are tired of sports game in PS+. Indie games have gained a lot of popularity over the years, and PowerWash is one of them. The platinum is not as easy as it looks, it takes maybe 40 hours minimum and a lot of patience.

Actually a good month for me. LEGO 2K Drive is a big get for me. I played the demo for it awhile back for PS Stars, and enjoyed it...so it was going to be something I bought eventually anyways. 

PowerWash Simulator isn't really my thing....I don't really get the whole [Insert Job Here] Simulator games. But I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I'll add it to the backlog. 

I know nothing about Sable...so I'll wait to see what people say about it. But it could very well be the first month in a LONG time, I actually play everything. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sk_lp_him said:

That's not how it started though, right?

No it wasn't how it started.

It started in 2010 for $50 and wasn't required to play MP games; in mid 2013 is when plus was required for online play.

Shuhei Yoshida said that they've used such a huge amount of resources to build their online infrastructure that keeping the online service free is basically stupid and that the "main pillar for PS4 will be online play".. so he essentially said it himself that playstations main player base and focus financially is online gamers and that their current 2013 ps plus system wasn't good enough. They needed the majority of gamers to pay to play.

They used to have their own playstation news/lifestyle show and special online events for ps plus subscribers, but they quickly realised next to no one cared. The free games also weren't enough of an enticement and most just wanted to play their preffered game online, hence why I originally said ps plus is primarily for online play, not free games.

Edited by Riiszk

14 hours ago, djb5f said:

I can’t believe 1) there is a game for simulating Power Washing (of all things!)  and 2) how many people seem to be interested in it.   And it seems there is more interest in the trophy community for something like that than a full-fledged game like NBA 2K.  Complete opposite reaction than the general gaming community would have.  Maybe because it is an easier/quicker plat?

Seeing how a used copy of any Lego game can still go around $20 after ten years while you can't even move used copies of the likes of NBA 2K15 for more than maybe $3 even if you put a ginormous "SALE" sign atop a bin of them, I'd wager you're wrong.

edit: Accidental double  post

Edited by shadaik

4 hours ago, shadaik said:

Seeing how a used copy of any Lego game can still go around $20 after ten years while you can't even move used copies of the likes of NBA 2K15 for more than maybe $3 even if you put a ginormous "SALE" sign atop a bin of them, I'd wager you're wrong.

edit: Accidental double  post

Licensed Lego games are not original IP Lego games. Show me all the Lego Undercover titles still trading for $20. 

1 hour ago, ZZ383 said:

Licensed Lego games are not original IP Lego games. Show me all the Lego Undercover titles still trading for $20. 

Looked it up on ebay,  literally the top result is 19.90, tough I'd  say the mean price is about 15, cheapest that is not an auction is about 13.

Same numbers  for NBA 2K15 (PS4): Top  result 3.70, mean is about 5, cheapest offer is 1.60. One. Sixty. At that point people basically  buy it because coasters are too expensive  for them.

I don't even have to mention all  NBA games are, by their nature, licensed games.

Edited by shadaik

I'm actually really happy about Powerwash Simulator. I really enjoy zen sorta games where you can stick on a podcast/music and just play something relaxing. I've been wanting to pick it up for a while but never had the money when it went on sales.

Lego Drive seems like it may be fun to try and play with some friends.

• Like 1

I am so glad that I did not waste any money on it, this is easily the worst month I ever remember seeing on Psplus. A shitty 2K game, what seems to be the dumbest of these "mundane af task that people normally have to get paid for in order to do it for any length of time simulators" (Power Wash Simulator, fucking really? Whats wrong with people?), and a game so obscure that it would normally sell for 1-3€ on the ps store instead of being part of PsPlus. Sony is really putting that increased monthly fee to good use I see. At this rate I doubt I will bother getting Psplus anymore aside from the time I need to finish the psplus games that I already have started but still unfinished on my profile.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Dauersack said:

what seems to be the dumbest of these "mundane af task that people normally have to get paid for in order to do it for any length of time simulators" (Power Wash Simulator, fucking really? Whats wrong with people?)

"How dare people like things I don't?"

It's ok to not like the lineup or complain, but why are you bashing people that like simulator games? It's just another genre that people like to relax and play to. 

3 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

"How dare people like things I don't?"

It's ok to not like the lineup or complain, but why are you bashing people that like simulator games? It's just another genre that people like to relax and play to. 

Out of all the things one could simulate, someone chooses a game about the simulation of washing random shit like cars and walls by squirting water at them for hours on end? A quick glance on the gameplay and graphics already tell the story about a shitty, low effort cash grab that is the same action on repeat. People who are into this remind me of the old Patrick Star moment when he can dream about "anything", but then he dreams about nothing but this:

patrick-ride.gif

Player numbers are already showing an obvious picture to me there btw, likely just bought for trophies, nothing that should be anywhere near PsPlus, especially when they just recently had the farming simulator, which is the same shit at its core but with at least some bit of effort put into. You can respect this kind of crap if you want, for me its laughable that something like this gets thrown our way as a PsPlus bonus game.

Edited by Dauersack
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dauersack said:

Out of all the things one could simulate, someone chooses a game about the simulation of washing random shit like cars and walls by squirting water at them for hours on end? A quick glance on the gameplay and graphics already tell the story about a shitty, low effort cash grab that is the same action on repeat. People who are into this remind me of the old Patrick Star moment when he can dream about "anything", but then he dreams about nothing but this:

patrick-ride.gif

Sometimes, simplicity is better than extravangance. What is wrong with being content with something relaxing and simple? Not everyone has to dream big or be ambitious, and the same goes with whatever you do in your freetime. After a long day I'd rather clean some cars and walls of dirt and be satisfied with the end result, than pick up a big game with an immense open world and a high difficulty 👌
Let people enjoy what they like without bashing them like they are freaks of some kind :)

Plus, a free game is a free game!

• Like 1