Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Platinum #102: Riders Republic (PS5)

Solid sequel to Steep with a step up made in some regards over the earlier game in terms of the way you navigate around the map and the addition of more competitive multiplayer modes.  When it comes to trophies it's easier than Steep as well though there is a focus this time on PVP with some of the trophies.  Thankfully these are participate only so you don't have to win.  Overall it's more grindy than hard though I did think a couple of trophies were slightly tougher than the rest.  These particular two being one for completing stunts (though they get a lot easier once you're more experienced with the game) and another for capturing districts in tricks battle.  Those aside it's pretty much plain sailing though it seems slightly glitchy in that sometimes you have to complete more events/objectives than stated in order to unlock the relevant trophy.  

I probably had a better time with Steep overall as that was more snow based which was my preference but this was still a fine game which I'd definitely recommend.  I'd place it at around a 4/10 difficulty overall for the platinum by todays standards though if you only play triple A style games it's probably more of a 3/10.  To obtain the platinum it took me around 50-55 hours.    

Edited by PondNewt
  • Like 3

Splatterhouse

Was far easier than I thought it was going to be honestly. The 4th and 5th survival arenas were the only real annoying part just because you don't know what's coming in those final waves so if you aren't prepared and have your special meter filled going in it's easy to get bombarded by mini-boss enemies and die in the final wave especially in the 5th arena where they really throw a lot at you in that final wave. Then you have to replay another 20 minutes of gameplay just to get another stab at it. The 4th one I just ran out of time for an S-rank but I still managed to beat both on my 2nd try. All the other ones are stupid easy. The weaponized grab skill and Splatter Smash make most of this game a complete pushover, even on brutal difficulty as you can basically keep your special meter filled all the time and then just abuse Splatter Smash when you have a lot of enemies near you and on mini-bosses to take them out in 1-2 hits. 

Pretty good game overall just has a lot of fundamental flaws (ie. poor hit boxes at times, wonky camera, cheap deaths, too many quick time events, poor load times, etc.). Glad I decided to revisit this game and play it again after so many years. 

• Like 3

:platinum: #107 Black Mirror

L6837a5.png

This game was something. The story was intriguing and interesting yet not without its faults. The game runs well but the graphics look like it was built for the PS3 or Xbox 360, not the PS4 or Xbox One when it happened to release in 2017. I ran into a few bugs, the most common be little micro freezes that would briefly pause the gameplay. The other bug that I happened to encounter was when the audio seemed to lag behind a cutscene. Overall, if you are looking for a game that is on the short side, under 5 hours, and had a interesting story that makes you think, than this game is for you.

• Like 4