Worst Game You Ever Pushed Through and Plat'ed Anyway

Bullstomp

Assassins Creed Liberation on the Vita

Boring Storyline, shitty gameplay, so many bugs...but the worst is the online Part.

I always wondered if the "multiplayer" is really a multiplayer or if it's just you vs. the cpu. :hmm:

For me, the worst game I had to push through and platted was Teslagrad. I didn't even see the ending as I just didn't enjoy it. After I earned the last scroll and therefor the plat, I ended it after I saw how the final part will be. On 2nd place is the Vita-version of The Wolf Among Us. I really enjoyed it on PS3, but the Vita-version is just crap. Biggest surprise was the fact that TWAU has actually a Game Over-screen, which I had to see at the end of episode 3.

Another game I platted even though I didn't enjoy it was XBlaze: Lost Memories. I expected something similar to Code Embryo but it just felt like 95% recap and 5% new content.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f

I'm usually a fan of rhythm games but I think it has too many flashy colours and distractions for a rhythm game.

Music is meh and the affection gaining was such a huge borefest.

I already bought the second one before I'd played the first because I assumed I'd like it cause it looks like my type of game, but no.

I'll still push through the second one anyway cause the plat image is pretty.

A few games come to mind. I bought quite a few games that were easy to Platinum, which helps me to appreciate the good games even more.

The worst was probably Alone in the Dark: Inferno, because all the bugs which I stumbled upon along the way.

Honorable mentions: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Megamind, Madagascar Kartz, Playstation All-stars Battle Royale (arcade mode with all characters).

Other games I couldn't even bother to finish like X-Blades and The Blob 2.

Hmm hard to say to be honest, but NASCAR '14 is probably one of the worst games I've ever played. I liked it at first, but it was sooo annoying to beat those time trials and win the 90% difficulty championship. It was terrible, worst racing game I've ever played.

Ninja gaiden 3 was a glitchy piece of shit when it came to the trials. Luckily I've had tons of practice on Xbox before I did it on PS3 so I knew what to expect. But the freezing was just plain out fucking awful. Nevertheless I'm happy I got the plat.

Super meat boy purely because of the last chapter and the music which gave me multiple forms of cancer. Spending a month grinding out the flawless trophy while playing it on mute was definitely the most unmotivating thing about that game for me.

Mortal Kombat 9 - Amazing game but hated the "My Kung Fu is Stronger" trophy. 

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes - I don't have it on this profile but I have completed it before on a different account... and as silly as it sounds I plan to complete it again on this profile. 

• 5 months later...

Ys: Memories of Celceta - If you don't like collectible trophies avoid this game like the plague.

There are trophies for all resource points, treasure chests, all items which require you to get absolutely everyone of the item listed. After playing as thorough as possible I ended the game at 99% for resource points and treasures, which meant I had to scour the whole map again to find them.

Then there are the all quests, purchase all information, find Mishy repeatedly and endure all tickle sessions which had to be done at very specific parts of the game even though there is nothing in the game that indicates when to do these!

Very fucking tedious and the story was fairly goofy too . . .

Guess this isn't my scene xD .. If I don't like a game, I just don't platinum it, otherwise, i try to enjoy and go for the platinum

Agreed. I'll take it a step further, and say I don't even Platinum all the games I like. If a game is too grindy or has ridiculous Multiplayer trophies, I won't go for the Platinum, I'll just finish the game and call it a day. You know, like people did before trophies. :)

Another thing I'll do if a game is grindy or has a lot of collectibles, is I'll come back to it and do the post-completion trophies later on. I have Platinumed games over 1+ year after finishing the story, and the big break helps me stay sane in a lot of cases.

Interestingly, I see a lot of mentions here of games I love.

My answer to this question is a bit of a cheat: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag for PS4. I loved the game and the singleplayer, and I completed all the SP trophies right after finishing the story. But a couple of the MP trophies are stupidly grindy, and I quickly gave up on the Platinum. 2 years after finishing the SP trophies, I decided to power through the MP. The MP itself can actually be enjoyable, but the only way to get to level 55 fairly quickly is by playing it solo (leveling is dependent on high scores from kills, which aren't likely against the "pros" who play MP every single day). That's right, all the fun and excitement of MP without other people! It wouldn't have been so bad if Wolfpack was fun, but I could only tolerate about 2 rounds per day. It was just mind-numbingly tedious for me. To my eternal shame, I even spent $5 at the end to buy the XP boost to make it finish just a little bit faster. I did enjoy playing with other people, and I did a boosting session that was great despite some technical difficulties, which was necessary to get one of the DLC MP trophies.

So it's not a bad game by any means, and certainly not the "worst game", but it was definitely the most tedious Platinum for me. From what I have heard, AC Brotherhood is an even worse MP grind, but I have not played the PS3 version of the game, and I plan to Platinum the singleplayer-only PS4 remaster that is coming out soon.

The second most annoying game for me to finish is probably LEGO The Hobbit for PS4. I love the LEGO games and have played them all (including LEGO City Undercover on Wii U and LCU The Chase Begins on 3DS, but I haven't played Avengers or Force Awakens yet). But the newer LEGO games have fairly big hubs, and if the source material and map isn't enjoyable enough, it becomes too tedious. I'm not a huge Hobbit/LotR fan, and the Hobbit movies were not exciting enough for me to love the game. I think the lack of flying characters/vehicles also made it more tedious. At least in the other games you can fly out to those pesky gold bricks. In contrast, the first Marvel game was fantastic, despite not being a direct movie/TV tie-in and me not being a huge Marvel fan. IMO, that game was a lot more fun, as were The LEGO Movie, Dimensions, Batman 3, and the previous games. Batman 3 was also pretty grindy, but the source material is more interesting to me, and the environments, quests, etc were all really solid. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God

So for one, I learned thanks to this game that I loathe roguelikes.   This game made me completely hate it to the point that the plat was to show that the game wasn't going to get the best of me.

Bear in mind, it has a massive 250 floor dungeon that has to be done in one play session.  Thank goodness for the Vita's sleep mode allowing me to pause this because seriously that dungeon takes more time than the Vita has in battery power.

Then even after doing that, there's still more grinding because to get your books completed, you have to kill lots of monsters with every weapon and shield type.

Yeah, not one I'd recommend or do again and this is coming from someone who platinumed Last Rebellion and actually liked the game.

I had read many reviews leading up to my purchase of the Metro Redux Collection, and hated every minute of both games. It was a nightmare making sure I achieved every trophy possible in each of the two playthroughs required for each game. I understand that the game is supposed to have a rusty, survivalist feel, but the HUD and constant worry about having ammo annoyed me extremely bad.

Slightly off topic, I could not delete Call of Duty: Ghosts fast enough once I 100%ed it. Playing Nightfall and Awakening over and over again frustrated me to the point where I couldn't handle more than a game or two at a time, and would let it sit on the shelf for weeks.