Longest Platinum

Orlay_

Just finished Ff XIII after owning it since release. 4yrs 4days sooo... I win?

I want to say you didn't own it since release or recently finish it or live in a diff country with diff release date. I owned since release, plat just at the start of march this year. Plus I think I saw someone over 5 years! 

Final Fantasy 13 - 4 years and 11 months. 

I think Jay Cash wins lol

Ffxiii_title_screen.png

FINAL FANTASY XIII

All 36 Trophies

May 19th 2014 (Completed in 4 years, 2 months)

Yup lol

check mine ;) (same game)

I want to say you didn't own it since release or recently finish it or live in a diff country with diff release date. I owned since release, plat just at the start of march this year. Plus I think I saw someone over 5 years!

Really dude?

I had it preordered, picked it up day one, finished the games I was playing and started it on march 18th, it came out on the 9th. I earned the plat on March 22nd and posted that 4 days later. At the time of my post, the longest posted time was 3 years 7 months(I didn't bother to look at peoples profiles who didn't give specific times) I realize many many people have posted longer times since then and I've actually earned one that took longer as well. I'm just curious why you decided to get confrontational about a post that's over a year old, but thanks for playing.

OT: Since then I have -

Little Big Planet and Infamous: 4 years 3 months

Borderlands and Prince of Persia (2008): 4 years 2 months

Edited by Hemiak

Alien: Isolation - 4 months, 3 weeks

Killzone 2 and Borderlands 2, both with exactly 11 months and 11 hours. HACK!

hacks.jpg

I knew you weren't legit! - Over 11 months is just way too fast, not sure how I didn't notice it before

• Like 1

PSN Profiles time wise?

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time at 8 months and 5 days.

It's probably the most difficult Platinum in the series (not that that's saying much), but the main reason I took so long was doing the extra playthrough as I could just not force myself to go through it again for the Challenge mode run. I mean I really did like the game but it's a lot harder to replay than the earlier games for a number of reasons (a little to do with the fact that my PS3 is pretty terrible with discs so it periodically froze during cutscenes and lord help me if it was an unskippable one....). It's mainly because of how integrated the story is into the actual game, so you get those dreaded slow walking sections that plague so many modern games. I must have replayed every other game heaps of times now but that was a bit laborious for that reason. The older game had the story and gameplay completely separate so they didn't interrupt each other which is what makes them so easy to replay. I couldn't see myself playing something like The Last of Us for that reason, or at least replaying it. God damn I hate Half Life 2 for doing this to games.  

Anyway actual game time wise was easily Tales of Xillia at just over 70 hours; it's a bit long like most JRPG's but it's pretty damn easy to Platinum it.

Prince of Persia. Christmas 2008 - September 23rd 2011, so let's say 33 months.

Long time since I looked at this thread. Since beaten by:

Batman: Arkham Asylum; January 2010 - 14th September 2014. Say 4 years, 8 months.

Bayonetta; February 2010 - 30th December 2014. Say 4 years, 10 months.

I have only two games on my list yet to platinum, Dead Nation and Vanquish both from June-July 2011. If I platinum them before about this time next year, Bayonetta will never be beaten. If starting a game today, I wouldn't abandon a game for so long without completing it.

Took me 4 years and 4 months to complete Borderlands 100%. Actually took me a month to do every trophies exept ONE big DLC arena but oh boy are those arenas boring( you know what i'm talking about if you did them).

But platinum wise it's infamous with 3 years and 9 months but that's because it's the first ps3 game I ever played and I wasn't doing trophies back then.

Edited by dav1d_123

If we are talking real time (as in first to last gap) Mine is Demon Souls at 1 year and 4 months.... Even though I basically did the Platinum in a week, I had beaten the first two bosses already :(
And if we are talking game play time (like a save counter) SKYRIM!!!! Definitely Skyrim, I just got lost in that game for months.... And not lost like, didn't know where to go but lost as like I just enjoyed exploring and adventuring... That damn game had about 600-700 hours over 2 saves when I was done :D (Main save = 570-580 / Secondary for cleanup is about 100-120)
That game is hell after a couple hundred hours.... Load screens take minutes, I had to make a new character to do two(?) questlines because it would have been faster than all the loading screens on my old character

• 1 month later...

Just got the burnout paradise platinum and it apparantly took me 6 years and 9 months. I didn´t work on it for the longest time because I didn´t own a camera that I could hook up to my ps3 but all those years I was staring at the camera of the ps move that my brother owned. And it never occured to me that I could finally plat burnout untill recently.

Edited by DDrag00n

Not counting the ones I still have not finished, mine would probably be Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I have never been a fan of the game -- do not throw that tomato! -- so when I encountered a glitched trophy I just said, "Finally I can quit playing this game!" and only went back almost a year later to get that last trophy.

Call of Duty Ghosts - 9 months and 3 weeks

I got this game along with my PS4, never played a COD game before and was really impressed by the single player campaign for how much hate this game gets. 

I got off to a really good start with the trophies but then I saw those extinction trophies and after endless tries I give up on them. I went back to the game and must have tried nearly a hundred times on and off to complete all challenges, I sucked so bad at extinction. And then teeth came! They upgraded by character, overpowering him and I finally got  the last trophy for completing all challenges when I had a lot of teeth.

Runner up:

Killone Shadowfall - 9 months and 2 weeks

Self explanatory.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

WipEout HD

Platinum/100%

4years 7months

I took a really really, long break from this game, almost 4.5 years..then I went back to it and finished it in a couple of weeks

If I ever go back to black ops 2, that will then take the crown, I haven't played that game in like 5years now almost and I just have to finish the giant accomplishment trophy for the plat

• Like 1