Longest Platinum

Orlay_

Tales of Symphonia
Platinum
2 years, 10 months, 3 weeks

I took a really long break after finishing the first playthrough due to making a fatal mistake that required me to replay the game four more times for the plat instead of the already planned four playthroughs. Tedious requirements for the plat, but it is a great game nonetheless.

Edited by milanbarca82

Longest Platinum is 2 years, 2 months for Need for Speed: SHIFT. Also my first platinum, and the first game I ever played on Playstation. I wasn't really interested in Platinums when I started, but at some point I just decided I was going to go for it. So I did. 

My longest game, though, is a bit amusing. 2 years, 4 months to finish "Jurassic Park: The Intruders". Heh. Jurassic QTE just wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be when I started, so my motivation to finish disappeared for a few years. 

I have other games that would be longer than these if I ever finished them, of course. But who knows if I will finish them?  :)

I'm officially the 2nd slowest person to 100% Minecraft on PS3 at just over 4+ years.  

Started it basically the day it came out, and didn't bother to do the DLC until recently.

Hopefully no other stuff gets released for this game now that the Bedrock edition is the official one.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure if there's a forum already open for this or not but I am curious about your "longest completion" or "longest platinum?" In other words I want you to post the game you took the longest to either 100% complete or even just obtain the platinum trophy for. We all have that one game that we started and just never bothered finishing until later (unless you're a diehard that does not start a new game until you have completed all your current ones)

As of this moment the game that took me the longest to 100% complete was Borderlands part 1. I got the platinum relatively quickly but those Moxxi DLCs just left me completely unmotivated to do them because they were such a grind. Took me 6 years and 2 months to 100% it. As for longest platinum it took me 5 years and 9 months to complete Rage.

So what game did you put on the back burner for awhile until you finally decided to complete it?

In terms of actual gameplay time required, I haven't done these games but I'm sure games like fortnite, elite dangerous ect, probably upwards of 750-1000 hours for the plat. 
White Knight Chronicles is 2000 hours apparently. 

I'd like a list of the longest platinums out there in general. not just the games people took the biggest breaks in between play sessions while trying to platinum it lol.

As for the game that took me the longest to 100% in terms of breaks between playing, that would be Uncharted 3 PS4. 
Got the plat, completed it on crushing. PS4 was replaced and I lost my save, a year later I finally get the motivation to redo it on crushing just so I'm allowed to attempt brutal. 

Brutal however was a broken difficulty and one that was clearly shoehorned in at the last second of the remaster development cycle for a quick reason to rebuy uncharted and absolutely WAS NOT playtested, that's not me being hyperbolic, it absolutely wasn't playtested before release and that difficulty is fucking broken. I glitched that shit so I had one hit kill and infinite ammo and even then, it was still a fucking pain in the ass lmao. 

I will never buy a game developed by bluepoint games ever again, they're on my developer shit list, just like EAs sports games, they're rentals or games I buy used on Ebay. 

Either way, they won't see my money. :) 

In a single go, ignoring all other games and dedicating myself on 1 platinum:

All 43 Trophies
October 17th 2017 • Completed in 2 weeks, 6 days

Got 1 trophy and started the game later to fully platinum and 100% it:
Bloodborne

All 40 Trophies
July 22nd 2017 • Completed in 3 weeks, 5 days

Additional info for bloodborne:

Platinum
3 weeks, 2 days, 3 hours
19th Jul 2017
1:19:24 AM
100%
3 weeks, 5 days, 3 hours
22nd Jul 2017
12:43:54 AM

Longest to 100% due not having 4 controllers and just ignoring the DLC

All 38 Trophies
January 13th 2018 • Completed in 7 months, 1 week

Edited by Deluziion90

On 16/1/2018 at 9:02 PM, SoapMacTavish222 said:

A partir de este momento, el juego que más tiempo me llevó al 100% fue la parte 1 de Borderlands.

I had borderlands and almost got platinum, but when it comes to updating it to get one of the trophies online, I download the other trophies (like any game) but I added them to the trophies of the game, not as additional content, and give away the game.
And good the platinum in which more I delays in removing was in:
  • Uncharted 2 (3 years)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (3 years, 1 month)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops (2 years, 3 month)
  • Far Cry 3 (2 years, 1 month)

• 3 weeks later...

This is the only area I can compete in, I feel like. 1f62c.png Which Platinums (or 100%'s) took you the longest to achieve?

For example, are there any games that you've started back in 2008 and only recently completed? It's interesting, because PSNprofiles tracks this parameter - the amount of time from the first trophy to the last one. I myself started a few games back then and never platinumed (no desire to come back to the most of them, sadly). Things are also complicated by the ever-closing servers (for games with Online trophies).

On July 2, 2008 Super Stardust HD became the first game to support the trophies, Uncharted 1 soon followed. In the summer 2018 people will be able to brag with their 10-years in the making Platinums.

This thread needs a poll that shows names of the users voted for each option. The options should be:

• 5 years
  • 6 years
  • 7 years
  • 8 years
  • 9 years
  • 10 years

Whoever picks them, should tell us, which games took so much time (and we'll look at their profiles for proof! ?).

On 24.12.2017 at 10:34 PM, bruin-rocks said:

Currently Infamous at 6 years 6 months. 

Wanted to complete it... if I do it now, it'll be 8 years.

16 hours ago, TVippy said:

This is the only area I can compete in, I feel like. 1f62c.png Which Platinums (or 100%'s) took you the longest to achieve?

For example, are there any games that you've started back in 2008 and only recently completed? It's interesting, because PSNprofiles tracks this parameter - the amount of time from the first trophy to the last one. I myself started a few games back then and never platinumed (no desire to come back to the most of them, sadly). Things are also complicated by the ever-closing servers (for games with Online trophies).

On July 2, 2008 Super Stardust HD became the first game to support the trophies, Uncharted 1 soon followed. In the summer 2018 people will be able to brag with their 10-years in the making Platinums.

This thread needs a poll that shows names of the users voted for each option. The options should be:

• 5 years
  • 6 years
  • 7 years
  • 8 years
  • 9 years
  • 10 years

Whoever picks them, should tell us, which games took so much time (and we'll look at their profiles for proof! 1f62c.png).

Wanted to complete it... if I do it now, it'll be 8 years.

If I went and did God of War I would have it at 8 years, might just go and do that. 

I have plenty of old PS3 games that I've returned to plat now, so I guess I'm also a pretty strong reverse speedrun competitor. So far I have:

Dynasty Warriors 7 : Completed in 6 years, 7 months

Resonance of Fate : Completed in 7 years, 9 months

Final Fantasy XIII   : Completed in 6 years, 3 weeks

As for PS4, the longest I have is Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which took 2 years and 1 week.

Granted that in all these games I just mopped up some post game content I left undone. Some took only a few days to a week. MGS V however took up at least 60+ hours of extra playtime, but it's a fun game so it wasn't a problem. Same for FF XIII, where I think that powering up and taking on the strongest bosses is actually the better part of the game.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...