Longest Platinum

Orlay_

Couldn't find a thread for this, so...

What is the longest game to plat/100% trophy-wise (on average)?

Best one I can think of is The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, which can easily take 1000 hours.

Anything even longer?

It would depend if you mean games that are still obtainable or were once obtainable. Yoostar 2 had an absurdly long online that would have required someone to use over 250,000 PSN accounts, let's just assume it takes around 2 minutes to use every PSN account and the game would have taken over 8000 hours to platinum. Nobody did it and nobody will because the servers were shut down for it. Aside from that, I think White Knight Chronicles might be the longest platinum that is still obtainable, taking some people over 1000 hours to do, the game was designed for co-op but now that the servers are down you need to do it all alone and that means you need to grind extra long to get good enough gear to play the game with. 

• Like 1

Final Fantasy XIV. You probably wouldn't need 1000 hours to get all trophies, but you need to play the game for around 6 months because of the trophy An Adventurer's Life. You get 6 levequest allowances every day and you need to finish 1000 levequests in total. 

People who got the platinum faster (within hours or days) played on PC first and imported their data to PlayStation. 

Also Skyforge. You need to do invasions which aren't always accessible. 

Edited by Izul

My vote would be for a game called Ultra Hot!!! Pachi Game Spirit CR Evangellion, an Evangellion pachinko game released in japan only

Since its purely luck based, you could theoretically get it in a few hours, one of the trophies has a 1 in 20,000,000 chance per spin of popping, the trophy guide writer over on PS3T.org has calculated that it would take an average of 10+ YEARS of continuous turboing, which comes into 87,600 hours on average for the 100%.

It could be much quicker, but it could easily be much longer too.

• Like 1

Some JRPGs out there also have a pretty long road for the Platinum. A couple of them that jump to mind immediately are Star Ocean The Last Hope which could take around 450-1000 and the Mugen Souls series which is anywhere from 400 to 600 hours to plat according to most online guides.

White Knight Chronicles, as someone previously commented, is also ridiculously long as well. 

Loved Star Ocean 4 on PS3. First time playing that game series and I think it has one of the best, if not the very best, active battle systems out there. Kinda scared to tackle this plat as I feel I could end up hating the game afterward lol.

Outside of the RPG spectrum, only other long game to plat that comes to mind is Gran Turismo 5, which could take around 600 hours.

I'm pretty close on this one. Only have to beat the Vettel events and one 24-hour endurance race that I need to redo again. Easier said than done though. ?

Edited by Honor_Hand

2 hours ago, FawltyPowers said:

Right at this moment I will say Friday the 13th. It isn't the longest but it really feels like it, you will lose a part of your soul and humour for good.

Even the most chatty of individuals gradually deteriorate into silence.

Making a comment about Friday the 13th on Friday the 13th. heh 

There will be several new additions on this list forthcoming, about time I finish off some of the old ones

So top 10 for the time being:
1. Ni No Kuni PS3 5 years 2 months 2 weeks

2. Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed PS3 1 year 4 months

3. Grim Fandango Remastered PS4 1 year 1 month

4. Game of Thrones PS4 9 months 3 days

5. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments PS4 8 months 4 weeks

6. Life is Strange PS4 8 months 1 week

7. The Walking Dead PS4 7 months 3 weeks

8. Tales from the Borderlands PS4 6 months 4 days

9. Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory PS3 3 months 3 weeks

0. Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash PS4 3 months 5 days

RPGs and episodic games. No surprises really

Edited by albajos

Mine would be Captain America Super Soldier at 5 years and 2 weeks.  When I played it I wasn't really a trophy Hunter and never thought I would be able to earn a platinum trophy.  When I started earning them I decided to go back and see if I could do it.  Thankfully I was able to.  I know a lot of people feel this is a really easy platinum, but I am not very good at most games and challenges always give me an extra problem.

I'm tied between 2 years, 4 weeks for Dust: An Elysian Tail and 2 years, 1 month for Sound Shapes (vita). (Is 4 weeks < 1 month?)

For Dust, it was one of my first PS4 games and I watched my brother play it previously. I started it, got a trophy or so, but didn't continue. Eventually, I picked it up again and discovered how much I loved Fidget. 

For Sound Shapes, my vita memory card stopped reading things and I was worried it was a system issue and not a memory card one, so I was hesitant to purchase a new one. I moved to college for two years where I couldn't connect my vita to the internet, and it wasn't until I moved off-campus that I decided to purchase the new memory card.

Mine is Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (1 year, five months). Took me that long because it was the first trophy list I had to boost the online for and it took me quite a long time before I found out you could easily set boosting sessions here on the site (the main reason I became a regular here). Then it took me a long time to actually get the damn trophies, even with boosting, because both them and the servers were a major pain in the ass.

Edited by jrdemr

Final Fantasy 13 - 2 years, 6 months, 4 weeks. Started it when I wasn't in the mood to play it and dropped it after doing a few chapters. I also couldn't wrap my head around the battle system. So I moved onto something else. I only came back because I wanted to clean up my percentage and finish my PS3 games.

Longest 100% - Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - 7 years, 1 week

Got the platinum pretty soon after I got the game, but didn’t buy the DLC until earlier this year when it went on sale (way too expensive otherwise)

Longest :platinum: - Batman: Arkham Asylum - 6 years, 4 months

Those combat challenges got the best of me when I first played this game, but came back to them earlier this year and completed them ? One of my prouder platinum’s!