Longest Platinum

Orlay_

With timestamps, it would be Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi - 1 year and 9 months. Started playing but after the story and playing the custom hero story I got bored and then my brother got another game. When to play that game then got another game and then I forgot about DBZ. Time passed and I started looking at the games I never got the platinum and I restarted it. Got lucky with the online portion, met some players where we simply played against each other (no cursing in messages just a nice game or you got me comments). Even met a french player who helped me get the online trophies I was missing (mainly the collect 30 titles or more).

With missing timestamps currently, it would be Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 3 years and 6 months. Bought the PS3 after the school year finished in 2011 (it was in June if I remember correctly). It was shortly after the PSN attack so I didn't bother creating an account and where I was going for summer had no free internet available. A cousin of mine had the PS3 and he lent me a few of his games which were Uncharted, Sly Trilogy, Infamous among others. At the time got almost all the trophies minus the complete the game on Crushing difficulty that I considered too hard and I gave up. Years later saw Uncharted 1 and 2 on sale for 10€ if I remember right. While I was only interested in the second one I remembered not getting the platinum so I also bought the first one. Replayed it and finished the game on crushing getting the platinum.

Currently, the game that would break my longest record it would be Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves since I'm still missing trophies and the only ones I have are trophies with missing timestamps since I obtained them before creating my account. And for anyone wondering, I stopped playing the game mainly due to fatigue. Played the 3 games in a row and by the time I started playing the third game I was already feeling sick of playing Sly Cooper games.

• 3 weeks later...

Basically any game I complete right now seems to end up on this list

So top 10 for the time being:
1. Ni No Kuni PS3 5 years 2 months 2 weeks

2. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune PS4 1 year 8 months TODAY!

3. Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed PS3 1 year 4 months

4. Grim Fandango Remastered PS4 1 year 1 month

5. Game of Thrones PS4 9 months 3 days

6. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments PS4 8 months 4 weeks

7. Life is Strange PS4 8 months 1 week

8. The Walking Dead PS4 7 months 3 weeks

9. Tales from the Borderlands PS4 6 months 4 days

0. Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory PS3 3 months 3 weeks

Mostly RPGs and episodic games. No surprises really

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Just wondering which game has taken people the longest.

For me it's Table Top Racing: World Tour at 2 years and 7 months.

I just didn't know you could tune your car as you want for the powerslide challenges, so I gave up in frustration before reading about it in a guide years later! Once I knew that it was easy.

edit: Now finished mahjong after 3 years 20 months after finally learning to love Mahjong.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 4

I don't really know yet TBH, I'm only trying to achieve MP related trophies so that I guarantee the platinum for later.  I'm racing against the shutdowns but at times I try to finish quick games, especially when I feel that they're garbage and I'll never want to go back.  I then get all excited because I actually finished a game and then subsequently crushed when I'm reminded by another shutdown announcement and I go back into MP grinding mode.

I feel that by the time I finish the PS3's obtainable MP trophies, a decade will have passed.  Then I'll get to my backlog to 100% all of them and... Yeah... Now I'm sad =(

Edited by BlackJudas
Words 'n such

F1 2011 on the vita took me 6 years and 10 months

It was a combination of lack of ability for the gold medal times and a lack of desire for the grinding out 8 seasons of wins

Will probably surpass that total with some of the old ps3 stuff I am looking at mopping up

• Like 1

Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions took me 6 years, 9 months to platinum which honestly I really enjoyed the game, but I just never personally owned a copy of the game for several years and had to piggyback off my brother's copy, and also I think I may have overestimated the difficulty of getting the highest rank on all the levels.

• Like 1

S6f0e9c.png
45 of 51 Trophies
16th March 2018  Platinum in 9 years, 4 months

The first game I earned a trophy in. This got delayed for a bunch of different reasons. I didn't try for the platinum when I first played it in 2008. I came back in 2010 but got frustrated when one of the trophies didn't pop for some reason. I made my first serious attempt at the platinum in 2017 but didn't finish it before I was away from my PS3 for nine months. Then finally finished it off in 2018.

• Like 4

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell - 2 years, 6 months, 6 days

i just couldn't get into it.

I've been wanting to try it again and since I had nothing new for last New Years; I re-tried it.

And really got into it. and loved it. ?

Thus I bought Saints Row: The Third & Saints Row IV: Re-elected. ?

• Like 1

Call of Duty: World at War is at 5 years and 8 months mainly since it was a game I went back and forth with before I really started caring about trophies and for some reason I didn't realize I only had one trophy left I could easily do by the time I did it so I probably could have gotten it sooner :P

The Technomancer which was 7 months and change.

Because I burned out in the middle of my playthrough with it, and told myself I'd quit trophy hunting... and 7 months later, well... here I am now hunting trophies so I guess that didn't work out (and I ended up getting the platinum in The Technomancer when I came back).

Is there even an easy way to check this? I have a few that are about a year, but that's for 100%, not the platinum.

Anyway, it's probably Dark Souls 3, at 10 months, 3 weeks. I couldn't beat the Dancer of the Boreal Valley, so I cried and played other stuff for almost a year. Eventually, I went back, beat her, and platinumed the game five days later.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale took me 5 years, 11 months, 3 weeks. I got it for free when I purchased my Vita, along with Assassins Creed Liberation. I can't remember which game I played first but they would have been the first trophies I earned as I didn't own a PS3. I just completed it in November of 2018 because of the server closure. Sound Shapes is 2nd in 3 years, 3 months, 1 day for the same reason.

1 year 11 months 1 week for CoD:BO2. My nephews brought the game home and loaded the trophy list on my account (before I started trophy hunting) :P and we earned 2 zombies trophies. Almost two years later someone lent me the game and I platted it in about 1 week. As for 100%, it took me 3 years and 8 months overall, since I only bought the DLCs when a relative of mine gave me his copy of the game when he sold his PS3. Quite a journey. ?