Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

Ok, I think what I'll do is migrate all the games into one CA thread for now. If anyone really wants a specific game and can make a good case for it pm me and we'll talk about it. Then I'll post in each of the other two threads and lock them.

Might get a little more traffic with all the games in one place. I'll have to come up with new ranks and divisions. Last count I think we had like 32 games combined. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

@xZoneHunter I'll be updating my 3 PPs (Sonic The Hedgehog, Spider-Man and Tomb Raider) tomorrow, and updating them on the leaderboard. Also, I think that the Metroidvania PP should not be counted as a mixed bag PP since metroidvania is an actual genre of video games, so should be a genre PP.

Edited by LeetWolf2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Might get a little more traffic with all the games in one place. I'll have to come up with new ranks and divisions. Last count I think we had like 32 games combined. 

You might want to wait a little while with that. Since one of the other things i want to introduce a bit later on for the PPs with a lot of games is a more balanced out points system. I know i was pretty adamant on having each PP worth 12pts towards the leaderboard in the past, but i think it's time for that to change. :P 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hemiak said:

LOL, the last post on the vita thread was in February. Nobody plays those anymore. :P

With? I get like one or two people a month, reply to people, and they never answer back. Just figured everybody was over it. 

I guess I could keep them all open, or maybe condense them all into one thread. :thinking:  It's like no work to keep it updated, though I haven't added links to most of the recent people out of sheer laziness. Should also probably look at adding a few games to the ps4 list like Jotun. 

I personally think they are good PP's. The lack of posts is probably due to the difficulty but I would say keep them separate because of it. You have to work harder to get to platinum tier so you earn more points in return.

42 minutes ago, woop94 said:

I personally think they are good PP's. The lack of posts is probably due to the difficulty but I would say keep them separate because of it. You have to work harder to get to platinum tier so you earn more points in return.

I agree with this, not that I ever reach the plat rank though, too much of a scrub for that :lol: .

11 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I agree with this, not that I ever reach the plat rank though, too much of a scrub for that :lol: .

Yeah, I figured I might someday get a bronze in each with dreams of maybe getting to silver.?

2 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Ok, I think what I'll do is migrate all the games into one CA thread for now. If anyone really wants a specific game and can make a good case for it pm me and we'll talk about it. Then I'll post in each of the other two threads and lock them.

I agree with what everyone so far has said. I've started to work on some UR plats and was using the individual PPs as inspiration. Putting them all in one PP would make it nearly impossible for a scrub like me to rank up :P.

Edited by Kent10201

On 8/23/2017 at 1:31 PM, xZoneHunter said:

With the leaderboard figured out, it's time to move on the next step. Which is quality control of the existing PP threads. I know i've expressed interest towards the idea of disbanding every currently existing PP thread, however since there's still interested in some of them i'm going for a different approach. If the creator still wants to continue their mixed bag thread we'll keep it, otherwise they'll be disbanded. ( = Thread will be closed/delisted, ranks will not count on the leaderboard anymore and games will be up for grabs again) However if you do want to keep going with your Mixed bag PP, i want you to see how well it has been doing since it has been up and ask yourself if it's worth having it up as a PP thread. Since a lot of these threads were not successful. 

So, if i mentioned you here - let me know whether or not you want to continue with your Mixed bag thread.

However from this point on, there will be no more new mixed bag threads. Legend: Disbanded/being kept/no reaction yet

I want to keep mine.

• Like 1

Looks like we are only waiting for a few more people to say whether they will be keeping their PP or not until we move onto the next step. Im guessing the dispanded PP's will be deleted from the leader board and wont count for points?

On 24/08/2017 at 4:15 AM, jem12345 said:

I think it goes without saying that the Shonen Jump PP is here to stay.

Since you will keeping the Shonen Jump PP together do you think there should still be separate tabs for the "leaderboard 3.0"? That way people could still reach plat rank if they dont like all the series involved and you wont have to split up your thread.

Edited by Gibbo_0113
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Looks like we are only waiting for a few more people to say whether they will be keeping their PP or not until we move onto the next step. Im guessing the dispanded PP's will be deleted from the leader board and wont count for points?

Since you will keeping the Shonen Jump PP together do you think there should still be separate tabs for the "leaderboard 3.0"? That way people could still reach plat rank if they dont like all the series involved and you wont have to split up your thread.

I can't bring over the quote right now since I'm on my phone, but I explain why I'm not doing this on one of the most recent posts in the PP.

1 hour ago, Tosmasta00 said:

Pretty sure i said that i want to keep mine.

As for the once per month thingy do you mean a post (as in talking about the games) or have people post an update on their stats?

That you have to update your PP atleast once a month if there is anything to update. 

10 hours ago, Tosmasta00 said:

As for the once per month thingy do you mean a post (as in talking about the games) or have people post an update on their stats?

Yeah, once a month should be more than enough time to do the updates (Thread OP & leaderboard tab) Ofcourse you need to keep an eye on new game releases as well and add them when they come out.

Edited by xZoneHunter

Leaderboards for LEGO, Hitman, Metroidvania and Way of the Sword have been updated.

I would like to claim Odin Sphere Leifthrasir from the closing Princess PP for the Metroidvania PP.  Up to now it has been a special award as it has belonged to another PP and we would like to add it to the full list.

23 hours ago, Ratchet2425 said:

Not sure if it's been posted here or not (lots of stuff going on since I last checked in on PP), but if the Tales of PP is still open and looking for somebody to take it over, I'd be glad to do so :).

I'd already PM'ed @TheFinalEmblem to take over the Tales of PP. I was planning on relaunching it soon, assuming @xZoneHunter is ok with this of course :).

22 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

*text*

I cant tag you so i quote some random post ^_^ , Sorry for my late answer, i was in germany on gamescom the whole week.  Yes yes and yes to all 3 threads . i update them next week and keep it updated every month.   Only thing i need maybe some help is the Masterlist .  This will end in chaos i think :( . So if you know all changes (disband or not) of threads than please give me all infos you have so i can update the masterlist. 

Edited by Xionx
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2017 at 8:31 PM, xZoneHunter said:

@Shana Alter @zadorvp @HcG Clawz @Happy

Don't forget to close the disbanded threads when you have the time.