Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

20 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Is there anything that I can do to try and make the changes go a bit faster? It's nice to see that a lot of us want things to get more active, but as far as I know it's all bark and no bite. 

Keep your PPs up to date, promote conversation about the games in the PPs you are a part of, and if you think you can run one of the inactive PPs say so and do it. 
Until the "new" leaderboard is made use the 3.0 one, just putting your own score in that leaderboard shows more effort and dedication to PP then most.

And of course play games and rank up. ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

Keep your PPs up to date, promote conversation about the games in the PPs you are a part of, and if you think you can run one of the inactive PPs say so and do it. 
Until the "new" leaderboard is made use the 3.0 one, just putting your own score in that leaderboard shows more effort and dedication to PP then most.

And of course play games and rank up. 1f609.png

If it's still available, I can be able to take over the Baka Hentai PP.

12 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

Hello: @ExHaseo @TheLastSurvivorD @Satoshi Ookami @Boooda @Happy @Gibbo_0113 @Nozomi @colinmazzini

@Neku-tan @Zach @Doctor Doom @Leon Castle @YaoiGod @Tosmasta00 @zajac9999 @Blue Flare @sundrew @jantrick2 @Xeliot @JadedDragos 

Do you still wish to be the admin of the PP you run regardless of what changes may or may not happen to PP?

Yeah I still would like to be

Unless Sly implements a way to change thread owners the PP forum is just going to look messy what with all the duplicates the will be created. Creating a new thread every time isn't a very good solution IMO. 

The problem was people not updating threads so all these supposed changes are just going to make even more threads behind haha. I know i wont be stuffed changing all of my threads depending on how drastic these "changes" are going to be. 

I agree with no more mixed bag PP's 

17 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

Let's do this for now.

Hello: @Xionx @Dragon-Archon @GarciaFever @jem12345 @Lucas @Shana Alter @SkyesUnholy @Whyfire @dell9300 @Kevvik @zadorvp @A-Brawl3r @Hemiak @HcG Clawz @Ichiban-Hybrid

Do you still wish to be the admin of the PP you run regardless of what changes may or may not happen to PP?

Feel free to make mine available for someone else to run and/or butcher them and go with the Telltale Games/David Cage's games/etc smaller PPs. I have issues still with managing my free time (same goes for making new guides or updating the images on the current ones), lack the necessary motivation to run them, and I care even less about staying admin if we do away with the PP themes I had (yes, there's a crazy amount of games in them, but the point of the original Point-and-Click PP was specifically to get people to try out as many of them as possible since it's pretty much my favorite type of game).

EDIT: I can update the P&C and C&C to have all currently new signed up people (there's only two new pages of sign-ups) this weekend before I close them so they're at least up-to-date one final time xD

Level-5 is up-to-date.

Edited by zadorvp

20 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

I'd still like to yeah. I have been absent for a while lately due to personal reasons but I hope to get back to updating my PPs soon, probably once a month or so. Thanks. :)

10 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

If it's still available, I can be able to take over the Baka Hentai PP.

We're not at that stage yet, and even then i'll always ask the owner first whether or not they want to continue.

25 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

So going off of @xZoneHunter idea to throw out/ refresh the mixed bag PP and @jem12345 idea to have PP with less than 5 games count as :gold: PP (4 games) or :silver: PP (3 games), Here is what PPs would/could pop up. This is not to say this will happen, but just some everyone can see how many "natural" PP are being stopped due to current mixed bag PP and "first come first served" rules.

Tbf, we should put the minimum at 4. Seeing the PPs for 3 just reflects on how many series will be eligible for it. I think 4 would be a nice number.

8 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Unless Sly implements a way to change thread owners the PP forum is just going to look messy what with all the duplicates the will be created. Creating a new thread every time isn't a very good solution IMO. 

The problem was people not updating threads so all these supposed changes are just going to make even more threads behind haha. I know i wont be stuffed changing all of my threads depending on how drastic these "changes" are going to be. 

I agree with no more mixed bag PP's 

We can close threads, it has been done before. But yeah, if people aren't interested anymore in PP, we'll just find a new admin or close the thread. Can't say for sure now, but i don't think the changes will be that drastically. Unless you happen to have a mixed bag PP. Nothing is set in stone yet, though.

13 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

Is there anything that I can do to try and make the changes go a bit faster? It's nice to see that a lot of us want things to get more active, but as far as I know it's all bark and no bite. 

Find a way to do the menial tasks of counting and updating for now and forever for everyone. You can't expect ppl to always have the free time and motivation to update at all times of the day, so if you take over their jobs with scripts and the like, a lot of problems will be solved.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

So going off of @xZoneHunter idea to throw out/ refresh the mixed bag PP and @jem12345 idea to have PP with less than 5 games count as :gold: PP (4 games) or :silver: PP (3 games), Here is what PPs would/could pop up. This is not to say this will happen, but just some everyone can see how many "natural" PP are being stopped due to current mixed bag PP and "first come first served" rules.

Dragon Ball: Full PP :platinum:

• DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE
  • DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2
  • Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection
  • Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi
  • Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
  • Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
  • Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
  • DRAGON BALL Fighters Z

NARUTO: Full PP :platinum:

• NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja STORM
  • NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 2
  • NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3
  • NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 4
  • NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM Generations
  • NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM REVOLUTION
  • Naruto to Baruto:

One piece: Full PP :platinum:

• ONE PIECE: BURNING BLOOD
  • ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red
  • ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS
  • ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS 2
  • ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS 3

Dragon Quest: Full PP :platinum:

• Dragon Quest Builders
  • DRAGON QUEST HEROES
  • DRAGON QUEST HEROES 2
  • DRAGON QUEST 10
  • DRAGON QUEST 11
  • The DRAGON QUEST 1-9 ports 100%

I have stated my opinion on this too many times, so I'll leave it at this: there is nothing anyone can say to convince me to break up the Shonen Jump PP.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

I have stated my opinion on this too many times, so I'll leave it at this: there is nothing anyone can say to convince me to break up the Shonen Jump PP.

Once again I'm not saying it will happen, but at the same time if everyone including Zone the main admin wanted those games broken up and you said no. It could just count as you not wanting to be the admin of that PP and it could be given to someone else.

Truthfully I never understood your reasonings for not splitting them up when they reached over 5 games.

While Naruro, Dragon Ball, and one piece are shonen jump series. Their popularity exist separate from each other. Also I never understood the point of putting Dragon Quest, a series made by Enix who is a competitor of Shueisha in the manga scene in, the shonen jump PP.

• Like 2

Just now, soultaker655 said:

Also I never understood the point of putting Dragon Quest, a series made by Enix who is a competitor of Shueisha in the manga scene in, the shonen jump PP.

Dragon Quest`s Artist is Akira Toriyama the man behind Dragon Ball, I think that`s the reason he put there

Just now, Leon Castle said:

Dragon Quest`s Artist is Akira Toriyama the man behind Dragon Ball, I think that`s the reason he put there

Artist but not creator. If you went with that line of thinking you would put most of the Final Fantasy games and the Kingdom Hearts games together not because they're made by Square Enix but because Yoko shimomura did the music for them.

25 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

Artist but not creator. If you went with that line of thinking you would put most of the Final Fantasy games and the Kingdom Hearts games together not because they're made by Square Enix but because Yoko shimomura did the music for them.

say that to @jem12345 not me, I was only guessing his reason and they might put Final Fantasy games and the Kingdom Hearts games together due to Final Fantasy characters is in the Kingdom Hearts games just saying.

1 hour ago, soultaker655 said:

Once again I'm not saying it will happen, but at the same time if everyone including Zone the main admin wanted those games broken up and you said no. It could just count as you not wanting to be the admin of that PP and it could be given to someone else.

Truthfully I never understood your reasonings for not splitting them up when they reached over 5 games.

While Naruro, Dragon Ball, and one piece are shonen jump series. Their popularity exist separate from each other. Also I never understood the point of putting Dragon Quest, a series made by Enix who is a competitor of Shueisha in the manga scene in, the shonen jump PP.

So you think it's a good idea to abandon arguably the most well-established PP that appeals to a wide audience and even has its own leaderboard for a bunch of PPs that will probably not be as good (likely just to inflate the leaderboard)? Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds? Who do you think you are, giving a low-key threat to remove a thread people care about from an event you don't even own? Don't even try to pass it off as a hypothetical. We know what you meant.

Dragon Quest was discussed on page 20 of this thread. If you actually read up on this thread, you'd know my reasoning for adding it, and you'd definitely know why the Shonen Jump PP will always be growing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

While i don't want to break down anyone's hard work with their thread. If we're going forward with a more streamlined approach to PPs, most of the mixed bag ones will eventually have to be revised.

If anyone can convince me that mixed bag PPs are bad, I'll gladly compromise. As I see it now, the pros greatly outweigh the cons.

1 minute ago, jem12345 said:

If anyone can convince me that mixed bag PPs are bad, I'll gladly compromise. As I see it now, the pros greatly outweigh the cons.

To be fair the only reason why the shonen jump was never broken up, was because it was created before mixed bag PPs were even a thing. You can't pass off the shonen jump PP as a mixed bag PP as it doesn't even fit the original rules for mixed bag PPs. As it wasn't meant to group up big franchises.

The reason why i think mixed bag PPs are a bad thing is because a lot of the games grouped together could've been better used for other threads. Like i've said before the choice and consequence PP should be broken up into a Telltale one & David Cage one since i think we can all agree those games have a certain style that are unique to their series. Going with the TT/David Cage example, even if you take the main reason as to why they were grouped in the first place, a lot of other games come to mind which also have the same "choice & consequence" - feature (interactive drama as it's called in the thread) but aren't included. Late shift, murdered soul suspect,... Or even more unconventional ones like, stories path of destinies and stuff like Dragon age & Mass Effect could fit into an interactive drama/choice & consequence PP. (I'm not saying they should, just want to prove a point)

It's hard to justify which games fit together just by going with a theme without adding a bunch of arbitrary rules. Every game is unique and if we want to revive this thing with a more streamlined approach we should really stick to series mainly (and in case applicable developer or genre) Some of the mixed bag PP threads created in the past have gone way past the original idea behind it. Even with the current rules for the mixed bag PP threads a lot can go wrong. Having a Marvel PP without spiderman in it. A zombies PP that's missing out a lot of games with zombies in it. etc

I think we can all agree that most of the complaints people had with how games were handled were from Mixed bag PP threads. But it's good we're discussing this since i know the people who're active now in the thread are those who actually want to continue project platinum.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

We can close threads, it has been done before. 

Yes but we will end up with doubles and maybe even triples of some threads just lying there closed. Unless you can fully delete closed threads it can look messy is the point im trying to get across :).

1 minute ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Yes but we will end up with doubles and maybe even triples of some threads just lying there closed. Unless you can fully delete closed threads it can look messy is the point im trying to get across :).

The mod can hide threads. I'm sure if we asked they would do it.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2017 at 1:20 PM, soultaker655 said:

Let's do this for now.

Hello: @Xionx @Dragon-Archon @GarciaFever @jem12345 @Lucas @Shana Alter @SkyesUnholy @Whyfire @dell9300 @Kevvik @zadorvp @A-Brawl3r @Hemiak @HcG Clawz @Ichiban-Hybrid

Yeah. I'm still trying to become more active but I will remain the Marvel admin. I will chime in on a few things to:

Breaking up mixed bag PPs: I'm personally for it. Things with huge universes (Shonen Jump and Marvel for example) should stay. Having obscure PPs such as Baka Hentai just seems unconventional and too confusing. I also agree fully with @xZoneHunter as many game franchises could have their own PPs instead of being absorbed by a mixed bag. I fought for this when the Nippon Icchi Software PP was created and nearly took my precious Disgaea away from me! NIS games are very loosely connected to the point I wouldn't consider them all one universe like Shonen Jump and Marvel and the NIS PP nearly absorbed Disgaea with it before I called dibs on it. I really want there to be a separate PP for Disgaea becuase I love that series. So I will put my vote in for throwing out mixed bags entirely in favor of franchises, larger universes (Shonen Jump, Marvel), Developers (Telltale) and maybe genres.

Lowering amount of games required for a Full or even partial PP: I think we can get more variety in Project Platinum if we choose to do this. As @soultaker655mentioned, a lot of new PPs will open up and I would be willing to do the Senran Kagura one as it could already be a partial PP and maybe become a full PP later as the new Burst remake is coming out for PS4 next year. I can also finally make the Disgaea PP with the 4 games it has (NANI?!?!).

If you all choose to do these though: You should do both of them or neither. A lot of ideas for partial PPs will still be gone if the obscure mixed bags remain and we're pretty much already at our current standstill of having too many mixed bag PPs.

Edited by Blue Flare

14 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

Artifex mundi: Full PP :platinum:

• Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
  • Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren’s Call
  • Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom
  • Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
  • Eventide: Slavic Fable
  • Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
  • Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
  • Dark Arcana: The Carnival
  • Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink

Telltale: Full PP :platinum:

• The Walking Dead
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Tales from the Borderlands
  • Game of Thrones
  • Minecraft: Story Mode
  • Batman: The Telltale Series
  • The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series
  • Minecraft: Story Mode – Season Two
  • Batman: The Enemy Within
  • More later.

It's a shame Alawar Entertainment's Hidden Object games have no platinums since the Artifex Mundi PP would not include them. This is one of the major problems with this change and goes against my hopes of more people playing these types of games :(

That's not all of TTG's games (even if we're only counting platinum trophies) :P

8 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

The reason why i think mixed bag PPs are a bad thing is because a lot of the games grouped together could've been better used for other threads. Like i've said before the choice and consequence PP should be broken up into a Telltale one & David Cage one since i think we can all agree those games have a certain style that are unique to their series. Going with the TT/David Cage example, even if you take the main reason as to why they were grouped in the first place, a lot of other games come to mind which also have the same "choice & consequence" - feature (interactive drama as it's called in the thread) but aren't included. Late shift, murdered soul suspect,... Or even more unconventional ones like, stories path of destinies and stuff like Dragon age & Mass Effect could fit into an interactive drama/choice & consequence PP. (I'm not saying they should, just want to prove a point)

"Games qualified for this topic need to be either episodic (such as Telltale's games) or "interactive drama" games (such as Quantic Dream's games)". No... Stories, Dragon Age, Murdered: Soul Suspect, and Mass Effect would not meet the criteria (Late Shift was not out in January when I last updated PPs) and "interactive drama" does not refer to the "choice & consequence - feature" ("interactive movies" would probably have been easier to understand for the criteria, but David Cage's preferred term happens to be "interactive drama"). Point not proven :P

David Cage's games are no longer the only interactive drama games on PlayStation either, so "unique to the series" is not exactly accurate either.

Anyways, as I said in my earlier reply, feel free to butcher the PPs and make separate, more specific ones. It does mean my goal of getting people to play as many of these great games (that aren't all as widely known) is lost, but it can't be helped anymore.

Little late of a response but sure i don't really mind any general changes to the way PPs are handled.

Will continue to run the Souls PP and will actually try to maintain somewhat of an update schedule which i clearly haven't in the past. Don't mind the No Refunds PP ending, i really just made that one as a joke to begin with.

Edited by Happy