How long did it take you to Platinum?

SitusKiss

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Around 96 hours. The 75% completion for platinum took me awhile and I remember having 2-3% left it felt way longer than completing the previous 50% combined. Hardcore mode had its moments of difficulty in the early parts of the story, but overall I really enjoyed the open world setting and a long game.  

• 2 months later...

i don't have actual hours but i was doing a great deal of gameplay during the 1 week,1 day and 3 hour run.

though i couldn't finish one race if my life depended on it. "bridge of death" race. had to fly under bridges, in bridges. always mess up every time. luckily it isn't required had to do nearly everything else though.

Edited by kingdrake2

i dont remember my hours (prob 100 maybe) but my profile says about a month. part 2 was pretty enjoyable. part 3 on the other hand was significantly alot harder due to the wing missions trying to fly through those targets. i destroyed 2 perfectly good ps4 controllers on part 3, ripped the rubber padding right off the analog controls from playing it so long. i thought for sure id never be able to plat jc3 and i kept giving up and going back every few days until i finally finished those stupid challenges

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I clocked up just over 110 hours in total accross all playthroughs.

95 hours playing the game on normal and clearing the map. Then 15 hours on hardcore mode. Then I restarted to get the 50 kill trophy in the recommended spot, took about 30 mins, which was the last trophy to pop the platinum.

Ive got JC3 downloaded but am reluctant to start because I know the challenges will haunt me.

• Like 1

It took a long time for me but that is mainly because I was not really a trophy hunter back then. I did dive into the leaderboards for this game lately and I am seeing some very unusual things there. Mainly people popping the 50 challenges trophy only seconds after getting the 10 challenges one. So I would probably take a lot of those top times with a pinch of salt.

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

So far I'm on 38hours on my in-game time played, and i'm on 62% completion. And I just need some more unique vehicles and a few more kill trophies. I think I can get platinum before 50hours

On 2/3/2019 at 3:53 PM, JorgeBenton said:

45 hours, play smart, do only 50 races, that shit don't even count, get almost all collectables and keep completing locations, like EVERY location, you can do in less than 50 hours easy

Races count for 0.1% of completion and they are easy too. It's worth doing them even after 50 challenges.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment

On 11/4/2019 at 4:58 AM, Last-_-Judgment said:

So far I'm on 38hours on my in-game time played, and i'm on 62% completion. And I just need some more unique vehicles and a few more kill trophies. I think I can get platinum before 50hours

Races count for 0.1% of completion and they are easy too. It's worth doing them even after 50 challenges.

Would it be wise to do the first two missions on Casual, then just keep playing until you get the Perfectionist trophy, and then start a new playthrough to finish all the story missions on Hardcore difficulty?

On 06/11/2019 at 3:08 PM, Spaz said:

Would it be wise to do the first two missions on Casual, then just keep playing until you get the Perfectionist trophy, and then start a new playthrough to finish all the story missions on Hardcore difficulty?

It's difficult to say because I've played the entire time on hardcore. However you definitely will save time doing it in one playthrough (on hardcore) because to reach every story mission, you need to do a lot of side stuff in between to unlock the next one. You'd probably be adding an addition 10-15hours doing 2 playthrough. Hardcore isn't that bad. You will die a lot but checkpoints are fair and once you get used to the gameplay, it becomes easier to survive, especially R1 (rolling) being very helpful to avoiding gunfire.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

It's difficult to say because I've played the entire time on hardcore. However you definitely will save time doing it in one playthrough (on hardcore) because to reach every story mission, you need to do a lot of side stuff in between to unlock the next one. You'd probably be adding an addition 10-15hours doing 2 playthrough. Hardcore isn't that bad. You will die a lot but checkpoints are fair and once you get used to the gameplay, it becomes easier to survive, especially L1 (rolling) being very helpful to avoiding gunfire.

Thanks for that comment. It helped me to judge the value of the game and it's difficulty

• 1 year later...

Only 75% trophy left for the platinum, 43 hours at the moment, only one playtrough on hardcore and when I got all trophies except that, only 58,12% of game completion... The grind is real insane.

Edit: 12 hours more to get that trophy, 55h total, I finish every race, kill every colonel, get about 275 faction items and complete to 100% about half of military bases, cities, villages, etc

Edited by Steven-Spiegel
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

A little over 5 years for me. I easily put 300 hours into the game just playing and messing around. I didn't try for the platinum until I saw that I only needed a few trophies to get it. Then I hunkered down and put it on hardcore mode and finished it up. Haven't been back since. Makes me sad thinking about it. I loved this game. The sequels just didn't cut it for me. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

It did take less than 40 hours for me to complete everything on the highest difficulty in one go. I absolutely love this game and from my perspective even took my time finishing it. My strategy was from the very start to complete every location I come across but if I get stuck don't spend too much time looking for the last missing piece. I also completed every race und collected around 200 agency pickups on the way. Great game! 

I have no idea why the guide and some of you estimate the time with 80 hours … from my experience this is a massive overestimate preventing some players from starting this 14 years old game. 

spacer.png

• Like 1