Games you've Platinum'd without using a Guide

Maxximum

The Last Of Us Remastered, few Telltale Games, Tekken 6, Assasin's Creed 2, Deadpool, DIshonored, Far Cry 3 & 4, Hitman Blood Money, All God Of War games, Minecraft x2, Metro Last Light Redux, NFS 2015, NFS The Run, Prototype 2, Rocket League, The Darkness 2, Wolfenstein New Order on PS3.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Time to revive this long awaited thread, more or less :lol: 

I nearly platted Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS3) without a guide. If it wasn't for the Exo Survival trophies (especially :bronze: Flip Flop and :bronze: Exo Flip), I would've done this without paging through a guide.

Aside from the obvious ones like the Telltales games...

Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection. For the most part, it's a simple as playing the game or working through some small grinds so no guide needed unless you're in a hurry. 

Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD. Again almost everything can be unlocked by simply playing and exploring/experimenting. 

Gran Turismo 6. Again, play the game long enough and you're bound to unlock most trophies, and the remaining ones can easily be manipulated like :bronze: By the skin of your teeth for example. 

Every other game I've used a guide at some point. Mostly for collectables, generally though I try not to use a guide for the majority of a game. I like experimenting and exploring and while that approach might take longer, I think it's a lot more fun :D

• Like 1

17 out of my 28 plats I didn't use a guide.

Sly 1 &2

Far Cry 4

Persona dancing all night

Ratchet and Clank

Barbie and her Sisters Puppy Rescue

Job Sim

VR Playroom

Taco Master

Rocket League

Just Sing

Wolf Among Us

My name is Mayo 2x

Monster Jam Crush It

PlayStation All Stars

Overwatch

Honestly, none, except I think Persona 4 Dancing All Night? Even for the ones where I'm thinking "yeah, didn't need a guide for this" I look over the list and remember there's at least one I looked up guides for, typically where I have to guess the right something, get the right answers ect (ESPECIALLY if these are missable and only happens once in the story), know I have collected everything ect.

Though if 100%s with no platinums count, Project Diva Future Tone x3

Not to mention, I often look over the guide before playing just to save myself the pain of potential missable trophies later on... and at least look at the trophy list to find out just what I have to do for those damn missable trophies x3

Edited by Zanreo

There isn't a single game on the PS3 that I haven't used a guide for at some point.

Games are too big, I have too little time and I have too many games to spend hours trying to figure out the location of collectibles when a guide can help me do that in minutes.

. All Telltale games.

. Rayman Origins

. Murdered soul suspect

. Prison Break

. Lara croft GO

. Destroy All Humans 2

. GOW ghost of Sparta

. Ratchet and Clank Trilogy/remake/full force frontal/into the nexus/a crack in time/deadlocked 

. Bully

. Jak trilogy

Edited by ZachBoardyHD

Platinums for Chariot and Hitman Go, and two 100%ed games without a plat, Ultratron and Pumped BMX+. I do read the trophy descriptions though.

I use guides to shorten the amount of playthroughs and sometimes for collectibles too once I'm tired of looking around (several times) :lol:

Edited by Gray-Fox-44
Added info

I very, very rarely use a guide. Unless a game has a ridiculous amount of cheap, crap ass collectibles. I do my first play throughs on my own but if I don't find the majority of collectibles or if there is a ridiculous amount of them I will go to a guide to finish it. I fucking hate collectibles.

Almost did God of War III without a guide, but ended up using one for the trials mode. However I did platinum Mass Effect 3 without one since it's extremely straightforward, just time consuming as all hell. Obviously The Walking Dead does not need a guide. Completed most of Skyrim without one (used one for the Daedric quests).

I really don't like using guides but I always look at them before playing the game to see if their are any missables. If their are, chances are I'll be using the guide, if not? Then I'll pass on them. I'll only go back to them if I really can't find collectibles. 

Here are the game's I platinumed without using a guide...

- Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault

- Burnout Paradise

- Destroy All Humans

- Destroy All Humans 2

- Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince

- InFamous

- inFamous 2 

- Murdered: Soul Suspect

- NCIS: The Game

- Sleeping Dogs