Games you've Platinum'd without using a Guide

Maxximum

Are you kidding me? Before starting any game, I always check the trophy guide.  xD

Same with me, to be prepared if the game has online trophies as well as misable trophies. Difficulty and estimated time to plat doesnt really concern me, as long as the game interest me I like to play it, checking the trophy guide before playing a game doesnt make the game any less enjoyable in my opinion.

- Tales of Xillia

- Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers

- Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

- Akiba's Trip Undead and Undressed

- Tears to Tiara 2: Heir of the Overlord

- Freedom Wars

- Toukiden Kiwami

- Soul Sacrifice Delta

- Ys Memories of Celceta

- Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

- Toukiden The Age of Demons

- God Eater Resurrection

- God of War

- God Eater 2 Rage Burst

All the others I have used a guide either to find something related to a trophy (item collection, combo trophy, etc), to inspire me on how to finish something (those "Arena of something" from the God of War series) or to really guide me thoughout my decisions (P4G and Trails of Cold Steel come to mind).

FFX, I used a guide back when I did it all on PS2 but not for the platinum. Same idea with most of the God of Wars.

Atelier Shallie, there was no trophy guide so I just went blind. I wish I had of used an ultimate gear guide to make some late bosses easier but w/e.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3, the trophies are all pretty explanatory and I don't see how a guide would've even helped. Same with Rayman Origins and Diablo 3 RoS I guess.

Pretty much anything where the collectibles show up on the map. Strider and the R&C's come to mind.

And of course the telltale games.

Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed 2 and InFamous. Think those were my first 3 platinums, in that order. I had no idea guides even existed and when I later figured out there was a map for all feathers, I was pissed. On the flipside I now know those cities better than my own hometown. 

Oh hah and Dead Star, not that there was a guide or anything to guide you. 

Edited by DennisWilles

RESOGUN, any Telltale game on my trophy list. Payday: The Heist, Payday 2 because my friend who already had the plat basically did all the work for me, Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Start the Party: Save the World, CS:GO, I think that's it in regards to plats. But when the "A Matter of Family" DLC came out for Arkham Knight, I didn't use a guide and found all collectibles on my own and found out about winning the carnival games without any guide. 

Here's a list of the games that I've obtained the platinum in without looking up a trophy guide. I like checking out the trophy list for the particular game and figuring out the best way to obtain those trophies:

[*] Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (both PS3 and Vita)

[*] Sly 2 Band of Thieves (both PS3 and Vita)

[*] Sly 3 Honour Among Thieves (both PS3 and Vita)

[*] inFamous Second Son (PS4)

[*] inFamous First Light (PS4)

[*] The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) - memorized every area with collectibles from the PS3 version

[*] Rocket League (PS4)

[*] The Order: 1886 (PS4)

[*] Need for Speed (2015) (PS4)

[*] Murdered Soul Suspect (PS3)

[*] Get Fit With Mel B (PS3)

[*] FIFA 14 (PS4)

[*] Cabela's Adventure Camp (PS3)

[*] Back to the Future The Game (30th Anniversary Edition) (PS4) - got everything memorized after completing that game a few times on the PC and PS3

Bloodborne, Dark Souls 1, Resident Evil 5. That's all i can remember not using a guide.

edit: Dead Space 1, Dead Space 2, Bastion, GTA San Andreas, i think that's all of them.

Final Fantasy XIII in my first account ( sephiroth4423 ). Not only i didn't know about trophy guides,i didn't even know about trophies.I remember getting the trophies and then i was searching my items to see what i earned!!!!

Why did you create another account?

Nvm, just checked, missing timestamps is harsh.

Edited by Pavani_

Most games nowadays I look at a guide before I even start it, some of my more earlier Platinums were guide free though. One that comes to mind was the original Hyperdimension Neptunia game (plat #3), I got that plat & I wasn't even trying for it. xD

Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, Naruto Storm 3, & inFAMOUS are a few others.

I dont think i used a guide on any of the 5 God of War games. Those are all pretty straightforward. The Walking Dead. Street Fighter 4 and Super Street Fighter 4...most fighting games are also pretty straight forward. Im pretty sure i didnt use one for King of Fighters 13 either. Majin and the Foresaken Kingdom was another straight forward game that doesnt need a guide. In fact, that game tells you how many collectables you have missing in each area. They are also really easy to find. I think i only looked up the upgrade trees for a couple characters on Fist of the North Star.

I cant remember accurately whether i have or haven't used a guide on many games. I know I've done more than a handful without. It really isnt that difficult to do with a lot of games. Most trophy lists are pretty straight forward .

Bloodborne, Dark Souls 1, Resident Evil 5. That's all i can remember not using a guide.

edit: Dead Space 1, Dead Space 2, Bastion, GTA San Andreas, i think that's all of them.

Why did you create another account?

Nvm, just checked, missing timestamps is harsh.

Yes exactly.Since i didn't know about trophies, i didn't sync.So when i found out about them,i thought it was better to start fresh