Game Franchise you can't get into

Pershing24

Have I already said this? Kingdom Hearts, Disney is just fluff and both my sister and I hated Disney as children. In fact we both said no to a Disney Land Holiday and we live in Australia. I know Disney is meant to be awesome and I'm happy it makes people happy.

• 1 month later...

Hm...

1. Elder scrolls/fallout.  I like them.  I do.  But I have never finished any of them.  I play till about forty hours in and lose interest.  

2. Battlefield's single player.  I LOVED Bad Company 1's single player.  Bad Company 2 was decent, but not as good. After that, I stopped bothering.  3's campaign was flat out bad to the point that I skipped 4 altogether.  I did like Hardline.  BF1 had a great premise, but it was just boring to me.  

3. Call of Duty's Zombies.  I just find it really repetitive and boring, and the requirements for the Easter eggs just seemed kinda dumb to me.  I never wanted to spend the time to learn it well enough.

i know it's not a PlayStation franchise, but I couldn't really get into Splatoon at all.  I've tried both games, and I lose interest after like ten minutes.

• 5 months later...

For some reason I really dislike the Disgaea saga. I tried, I really tried, buying the three disgaeas available on ps3, but its goofy and campy humor for some reason ticks me off. And it's weirder as I really love The guided fate paradox, with a similar humor and coming from the same developer with almost cloned graphics.

• 3 weeks later...

Persona series: I never liked the gameplay and found it too complicated with the non-linear style gameplay, comulinks, reading books and sports to improve certain parametres, certain events on specific dates, remembering to take certain personas for certain quests related to commu links etc. I could never be bothered to learn or get into all if that stuff. 

Open World games like Skyrim, Elder Scrolls, Horizon Dawn etc.: I prefer linear gameplay with clear objectives. I'm very indecisive and hence always like to use walkthroughs as I am also a completionist, so I get stressed with open world games where there is so much to do with no guidance on when and where.

Sonic games: Too fast, I always die in these games. 

Hatsune Miku series: I'm pretty bad at rhythm games so even the easy levels were a struggle and I just got bored. 

Grand Theft Auto - Unrelatable protagonists you have to play as in a sandbox with nothing to do if you want to ignore the story.

God of War - Gruff murder boy yells at everyone while ruining my love for ancient Greek theology and mythology.

Uncharted - Lovable everyman cleverly quips while killing wave after wave after wave of pirate boys.

Edited by Zondares

LittleBigPlanet - Not a fan of the looks or style. Plus the game developers seemed to have wanted you to share your creations too many times.

Minecraft - Not the biggest fan of those type games where you just build and make things from scratch. Plus the art never appealed to me much.

Final Fantasy - Release sequel after sequel after sequel with spinoffs, a bunch of characters I couldn't care less about, and a RPG system that's been done too many times. If the old Final Fantasy games ever make their way onto the PS4 with trophy support, I'd take those any day over the newer titles.

NBA 2K - 2K is absolute shit when it comes to keeping up online servers and NBA is no different. Plus the platinum trophies look either impossible to obtain or require an absurd amount of hours of dedication. Also, I don't like most of the NBA players. Lebron James especially.

WWE 2K - Same reasons as NBA 2K. Servers are up for about a year and a half until they get shut down. I think the modern WWE is absolute trash, not just because of it's PG rating but also for how medicore John Cena and Brock Lesnar are when it comes to delivering good entertainment.

Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat - I'm just not good at fighting games at all. I'd take Mortal Kombat over Street Fighter since I think it's a bit more original. Both franchises are simply fighting your opponents, winning X amount of matches online, and executing impressive combos. I don't really like either franchise, but this is just my opinion.

• Like 1

Any Sports series - I just can't get into any sports game series. Even as a wrestling fan I don't really appreaciate the wrestling games. The only exceptions are the Inazuma Eleven series (since it has RPG elements and is not "normal soccer"), and Fifa Street.

LittleBigPlanet - I don't know... I jus't can't... Not my type, really not.

Minecraft - It just doesn't interest me...

Street Fighter - I prefer games like Tekken or DoA. I just get confused with SF's controls when I play it.

Persona - I'm really trying to get into Persona. I watched the anime, loved the soundtrack, played many Persona and SMT games but never finished one in my life. Pretty complex and I had to delete my save files because when I came back months later, I was just completely lost and didn't know what to do at all! But I'm still trying to get into the series. I want to finish one Persona game!!!

On 2/15/2018 at 8:54 AM, hugglebunn-e said:

I really wanted to like Little Big Planet. The controls just seemed a little off to me, kinda floaty. 

I didn't mention this one in my earlier post, but I'm the same way. People told me how great the platform action was, but I found the controls waaaaaay too loose for that statement.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

Demon Souls/Dark Souls/Bloodborne : I don't really understand the hype behind these games, I tried one of them but the atmosphere was nothing special, the graphics sucked, the story is an afterthought and most importantly I hated the gameplay; it was too heavy and slow for me. 

The Elder Scrolls : When I tried Skyrim the game was a glitch fest and on top of that the game just seemed like a huge empty world with characters with zero charisma. I watched a speedrun of this game and even the speedrun was boring so I can't imagine how I would have felt playing this game for more than 100 hours.

Anything Bethesda related :  I bought some of their games and I wish I didn't. Everyone praises them but to me it's almost like you feel the "Bethesda signature" in their game and that's the reason why I'll never buy one of their game again. I don't like the artistic direction they use for their games, the gameplay is boring, their characters are bland and the story they tell are uninteresting. Everything I said applies to Dishonored, Prey, Fallout and the Elder Scrolls imo. I haven't tried Doom or Wolfenstein but I'm not too much into fps anymore anyway.

Anything Rockstar related : I've played countless GTA games, Bully, Read Dead, The Warriors from them and I can't help to think that they suck at open world games. GTA games were fun when I was yound and I wanted to mess with NPC and blow everything up but now this is just boring, the story is bad and the activities are uninteresting. Read Dead Redemption was way cooler because of the setting but when I was done with the story I didn't want to waste my time with their so called "amazing open world" and the multiplayer in this game didn't interest me. 

The only games from them that I didn't end up regretting playing were L.A Noire and Max Payne 3.

The last thing I hate about them is how much they care about their players (not at all) and how they turned GTA 5 into a cashgrab; but it almost seems like no one realise what Rockstar has become just because they are who they are.

Edited by itachi-destroyer

On 08/03/2018 at 10:22 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

Persona series: I never liked the gameplay and found it too complicated with the non-linear style gameplay, comulinks, reading books and sports to improve certain parametres, certain events on specific dates, remembering to take certain personas for certain quests related to commu links etc. I could never be bothered to learn or get into all if that stuff. 

On 09/03/2018 at 11:28 AM, Caju_94 said:

Persona - I'm really trying to get into Persona. I watched the anime, loved the soundtrack, played many Persona and SMT games but never finished one in my life. Pretty complex and I had to delete my save files because when I came back months later, I was just completely lost and didn't know what to do at all! But I'm still trying to get into the series. I want to finish one Persona game!!!

Does Persona really seem that complicated to newcomers? :/ 

On 3/9/2018 at 7:32 AM, starcrunch061 said:

I didn't mention this one in my earlier post, but I'm the same way. People told me how great the platform action was, but I found the controls waaaaaay too loose for that statement.

Everyone always mentions the floaty jumping controls (which I agree with), but what really killed LittleBigPlanet for me is the wildly inconsistent plane switching. Oh my god. I think the grip mechanic made the floatiness more tolerable, but how they can put in-game rewards requiring having zero deaths in a game where its broken central mechanic kills you with every opportunity is beyond me. Still love you, Media Molecul lol.

On ‎10‎-‎03‎-‎2018 at 6:04 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Does Persona really seem that complicated to newcomers? :/ 

Hmmm... I think it's not about being complicated. The battle mechanics are not that hard in my opinion. Maybe it's just because Persona games are lenghty (at least for me they are) and I'm the type of the person who likes to play 3/4 games at the time. I don't know, maybe it's because you have to pay attention to many details, the social links, your personal traits, your personas... Plus, since I'm a very completionist guy, I was the kind of player who wanted to max the traits and social links ASAP, which can be tricky if you don't manage your time carefully, but with Persona 3, I was doing good with that.

Persona 1 for PSP (not the PS1, gosh, the "world map" system is horrible IMO) was quite OK to me. Not too lenghty, and quite simple, since it had no social links and such. As for Persona 3, I managed to get halfway trough, but then my game stopped working, and when I tried to resume, months later, I was completely lost for a while, ending up forgetting about it.

Maybe it's more about being lenghty, rather than complicated.