[Rumor] December PS+ games

THEphasE89

It's interesting, I was at my parents at Canadian Thanksgiving, and went through some old boxes of stuff from when I was a kid. I had an original Atari, and NES, a ColecoVision, Sega Master System etc...

I was shocked at some of the box prices - those original cartridge based games were $80 Canadian, and that would have been mid 80's.

Now gaming was much more of a niche then, and I remember often having to go across the border to get games at all. We didn't even have a Toys R Us in Canada at that time, and there certainly were no electronics or dedicated game stores.

Prices have certainly gone up from when games actually went mainstream, but not from where they originally started. Certainly indexed for inflation, games are likely cheaper now than they were 20 years ago.

My sister who is 35 years old introduced me to the NES system. Back in 1988 - 1991 I lived in a small trailer and during those years, I rarely if ever, played any video games due to parent restriction. Sister had accumulated a few NES titles because she played a lot more when she was 7 - 10 years old. Then one day I decided to try out Super Mario Bros 3, still being a toddler then. I thought it was so great and fantastic I kept playing, and that's what got me hooked to video games.

Granted I never had the option to play too many NES titles because I was simply not old enough. But I did manage to play Kirby's Adventures and a few other gems that came out during the tail end of the NES lifecycle. Looking back I was glad I was able to play 8 bit games, because otherwise it would of been just the SNES and Genesis consoles.

Portland Oregon had a lot of electronic stores in the 1990s and my family went there because Oregon doesn't have sales tax. Many were DOS games because at the time people only had a Windows 3.1. Computers were basically heavy bulky machines just like televisions were. Then everything changed with the PS1, N64 and Windows 95 systems because all of a sudden we could play 3D games.

I'm basically rambling here. However some NES games are collectors items. Earthbound and Chrono Trigger are two of the most highly prized SNES games, and if you have both as a mint boxed copy you are sitting on $1500 - 2000.

• Like 1

Can we make it a rule that you aren't allowed to complain if you still cave in and get PS+ ?

Like, I don't have it, I have no interest in the games, I can complain.

If you have it, have no interest in the games, then complain about the games not being of interest to you, well, that's on you.

But just because the games don't interest me, I don't think they're bad, I'm just not interested and have a shitload of other games to play. Maybe next month will be the one I resub to, who knows.

OH, I think griping is okay.

That's the whole point, 95% of us are locked in because we play multiplayer. They could double the price of PS Plus and the majority of folks would get because there is no substitute, no other way to play online - outside switching to Xbox which is a major investment.

So, yes, I understand why folks want a few good games here and there and not the stream of Indie shovelware. Like getting NBA 2K16, critically acclaimed, was fantastic. Throw the user base some nuggets here and there.

In economic terms, the online service is an inelastic good or service since there aren't good alternatives. Similar to electricity (except not as critical to survive) but you are locked in.

Edited by djb5f

It's shit to hear that these problems are still not fixed. Game had a nice basic premise but a bad execution.

I don't remember the game being that buggy? I experienced one game breaking bug I think and that's it. I might've gotten some texture ones, but I don't remember. I thought the game was pretty stable, if not progressively boring :P

I suppose the thousands of people in the comment sections of EVERY new PS+ video are just a minority, now are they?

Oh wow thousands! I had no idea!

And here I thought the PS4 had sold 10s of MILLIONS! My mistake. lol, you. I'm done here.

Edited by Elvick_

My sister who is 35 years old introduced me to the NES system. Back in 1988 - 1991 I lived in a small trailer and during those years, I rarely if ever, played any video games due to parent restriction. Sister had accumulated a few NES titles because she played a lot more when she was 7 - 10 years old. Then one day I decided to try out Super Mario Bros 3, still being a toddler then. I thought it was so great and fantastic I kept playing, and that's what got me hooked to video games.

Granted I never had the option to play too many NES titles because I was simply not old enough. But I did manage to play Kirby's Adventures and a few other gems that came out during the tail end of the NES lifecycle. Looking back I was glad I was able to play 8 bit games, because otherwise it would of been just the SNES and Genesis consoles.

Portland Oregon had a lot of electronic stores in the 1990s and my family went there because Oregon doesn't have sales tax. Many were DOS games because at the time people only had a Windows 3.1. Computers were basically heavy bulky machines just like televisions were. Then everything changed with the PS1, N64 and Windows 95 systems because all of a sudden we could play 3D games.

I'm basically rambling here. However some NES games are collectors items. Earthbound and Chrono Trigger are two of the most highly prized SNES games, and if you have both as a mint boxed copy you are sitting on $1500 - 2000.

Mega Man X3 is even more of a pretty penny over earthbound surprisingly, and chrono trigger isn't worth as much as it used to be

Edited by SnowxSakura

I think that's wrong because surely if we are using the service we are allowed to have our opinions of the service we use. We can't just accept the service as a given, if it's horribly bad we can still complain, that just denies constructive criticism. 

I understand what you try and aim at here but think of it similar to, if you abstain from voting for a president you can complain about new laws and regulations but if you do, you cant because you voted? or if you don't have a car/motor vehicle you can complain about state of roads and public infrastructure, but if you do have one you cant?

Obviously people who are part of the service have as much right to complain what they get. If it bothers them they can choose to unsubscribe and come back when the month favours them, if they like it they can stay. There are other benefits of PS+ like the sales and online that people pay for anyway so they can't really judge the entire PS+ subscription on just the "free" games they get, you have to weight up the overall pros and cons. You only play single player games, and are not interested in the free games, and you don't buy things on sales? probably not for you. You want a huge library of games, but you care what you get? Probably better off getting PSNow. etc

OH, I think griping is okay.

That's the whole point, 95% of us are locked in because we play multiplayer. They could double the price of PS Plus and the majority of folks would get because there is no substitute, no other way to play online - outside switching to Xbox which is a major investment.

So, yes, I understand why folks want a few good games here and there and not the stream of Indie shovelware. Like getting NBA 2K16, critically acclaimed, was fantastic. Throw the user base some nuggets here and there.

In economic terms, the online service is an inelastic good or service since there aren't good alternatives. Similar to electricity (except not as critical to survive) but you are locked in.

You're both absolutely right, so I will rephrase.

As much as MP is integral to some games, you do still have the choice to not use PS+ if the service isn't of value to you. If you think PS+ isn't worth it, then don't buy it, instead use a trial over and over again. Sure, it's a bit of a hassle, but it's free, and you can't complain about something you get for free.

Off topic a little bit though, but like, I activated like my 4th month in a row free trial of Xbox Gold the other day, all on my main account. Seems to be as simple as hitting switch region, then the trial pops up again as available. If you could do this on PSN though :D

Oh wow thousands! I had no idea!

And here I thought the PS4 had sold 10s of MILLIONS! My mistake. lol, you. I'm done here.

Ow wow, millions! I had no idea!

And here I thought only a percentage of the PS4 userbase cared enough to comment. My mistake. lol, you too. I'm done here too.

Yeah, I got it over the summer on sale. Maybe $5?

Anyway, it is fun, first few playthroughs are good. Hard to explain, but basically its a 'choose your own route' game, where all but one choice has a 'bad' ending. But gives you info to make a better decision the next time.

Playing blind, you will probably get the best ending within 4-5 playthroughs.

Problem becomes, then you have another 20 playthroughs to get all endings, and another 5-10 after that to fully upgrade your character.

Playthroughs only take 30-60 minutes once you know the route, but it is still very, very repetitive by the end.

I would have preferred a 8-10 hour plat with less 'content'.

Thanks for the info, seems like a tedious task for platinum but hey if it's fun count me in.

Can we make it a rule that you aren't allowed to complain if you still cave in and get PS+ ?

Like, I don't have it, I have no interest in the games, I can complain.

If you have it, have no interest in the games, then complain about the games not being of interest to you, well, that's on you. 

But just because the games don't interest me, I don't think they're bad, I'm just not interested and have a shitload of other games to play. Maybe next month will be the one I resub to, who knows.

Fair enough, but it's difficult when you can't play the games you previously got via PS+ that might have been good without the service, and have no option to purchase them separately after you already "purchased" them via PS+ (at least I think this is the case). 

It makes me laugh seeing so many people complaining. You're paying to play online, any free games are a bonus.

I don't really play online but I'll keep paying because the weekly store discounts make it well worth it. I'll happily take a few free indies along the way.

You do know what the entire service was to begin with, right? 

• Like 1

If there's one thing I really hate it's people who excuse shady corporate practices, like we should not question it at all and just take it. Years ago the Sony fanbase bragged that they didn't have to pay for online, now they accept it and shout down anyone who disagrees, and honestly at this point who can blame Sony for milking it for all it's worth? It has been clearly demonstrated through this and the rise of DLC that players will do the corporate shaming for them. They have a bunch of ready made shills right there willing to preserve their status quo and ensure that they can push what they can get away with. It disgusts me to see people so eager to submit to large corporations when at the end of the day it is they who depend on our business to keep running. 

I suppose the thousands of people in the comment sections of EVERY new PS+ video are just a minority, now are they? Also why do you assume that people who don't play games on the PS4 are the majority, and how would PS+ ultimately affect them when it has nothing to do with what they use the system for?

What's the bigger number? 10,000 (rough but generous estimate) or 20 million (again, rough estimate, not so generous this time around)?

If there are around 20 million PS+ members, and only 10,000 people are bitching... that's overwhelmingly positive! Good guys Sony are putting in the work to please the majority.

As for your other drivel, I get into this with different monikers every single month, I'm just flat out exhausted trying to hammer sense into your brick skulls. But, I don't think anybody bragged about free online in the PS3 days. And if they did, they had no reason to, since their party system was... well... what's a nice way of putting it? Non existent? Well, that's not nice, but it's not a lie. There's so much more that goes to a paid subscription than just multiplayer.

You really do seem like the type of person that likes to hammer your opinion into people, and leave no room for anybody else's. Which is fine, just don't expect much of a reaction out of me anymore.

Ow wow, millions! I had no idea!

And here I thought only a percentage of the PS4 userbase cared enough to comment. My mistake. lol, you too. I'm done here too.

The only ones that take the time to comment their displeasure are the mouthbreathers that create petitions online when something offends them. Because for whatever reason, their idiotic subconscious mind has dwelled into an alternate reality where they think expressing their negative outlook in an aggressive and hateful manner is going to create change.

Spoiler alert to said mouthbreathers, it doesn't do a thing. It just paints you as an incessant infant, kicking and screaming in ToysRus, until your mother buys you that stupid Barbie doll that you think is much better than the stuffed toy she wants to get you instead.

It's weird how every thread about PS+ quickly spirals into a hate spewing thread. Then again with all the pre-release hate on PSVR, No Man's Sky, any PS+ month, and so on and so forth , I really should start expecting this.

On topic: don't know anything about either and having looked up a wee little bit, I can say that I'll try both if they go on PS+.

It makes me laugh seeing so many people complaining. You're paying to play online, any free games are a bonus.

I don't really play online but I'll keep paying because the weekly store discounts make it well worth it. I'll happily take a few free indies along the way.

I´d never ever pay that amount for online. That´s the bonus for me and I personally pay for the games. But they are worth it, though I sometimes complain, too

Destinies may not have gotten great reviews and it may be as what it's being criticized for, but I think I'll personally be content with it (hoping those basic slash attacks are not the only strings, animations, and basic hits, though). Hope the other line up games are good because even if im content with Destinies, I'd at least want another of the 5 games to take my interest.

Edited by Mar

I think this image is fake. I expect atleast 1 AAA ... Looks Xbox, almost every time good games for both systems. Please sony, learn with them :D Now for real, i,m thinking we will get Dying Light maybe

Game is too amazing to be given out via IGC (imo). Games like Aragami and Abzu are more realistic. Personally waiting for Aragami.

Edited by Mar
  • Like 1