WORST PSN Games?

Hazalos-

My Name is Mayo is the worst I've played. I would like to play (for free, of course) Solbrain, though, as I think it would bottom out most anything else.

I had to do Albedo over 2 days as the game was so awful thats what a 4hr plat took me 16hrs on my PSN profile lol

That's another bad one, and the worst part is that it is made significantly worse by terrible design decisions.

I guess everyone forgot this piece of shit existed

I gotta play it before I can say such things definitively.

In order to retain what sanity I have left, I try and avoid bad games and stick to the genres and titles I believe I will enjoy the most.  That doesn't always work out as planned though and despite the adventure genre being one of my favorites, I found Proteus too dull, Ether One too slow, and Actual Sunlight too self-loathing for my tastes.

Thankfully I won't ever experience most of the games listed here as no matter how easy the trophies are, if a game isn't good then what is the point?

.detuned

Adam's Venture

Pixeljunk Eden

Linger in Shadows

Orc Slayer

Magus (I know it has a physicsl release now too though)

Spare Parts

Lone Survivor

Those are definitely the cream of the crop when it comes to trash tier PSN titles that I've played. I'm glad someone in here reminded me of Lone Survivor, I must have been suppressing it.

I've played A LOT of trash for thropies but Maliya takes the cake. MS paint graphics and the game is a  piece of crap (not talking about the typos every 2 words). Check out the intro cutscene here  :giggle:  (2 minutes into the video, It is hilarious)

It's almost impossible to win btw because game is totally broken.

Edited by Thropy_Croissant

Girl Fight. Just.... no.

.detuned
Adam's Venture
Pixeljunk Eden
Linger in Shadows
Orc Slayer
Spare Parts
Lone Survivor

Those are definitely the cream of the crop when it comes to trash tier PSN titles that I've played. I'm glad someone in here reminded me of Lone Survivor, I must have been suppressing it.

Linger in Shadows is not a game. It is an interactive tech demo. This is not me trashing the game, it's literally what the developers called it.

I had to do Albedo over 2 days as the game was so awful thats what a 4hr plat took me 16hrs on my PSN profile lol

Ok, one question about this, i am now in the part where i just got the spider trophies, am i almost done because it is so boring

Steamworld Dig

This game is so f***ing boring and retarded, the only way I'm gonna finish it is by drinking a quart of scotch and pounding my head against the wall till my mind is numb!

Which I will do of course, cause I hate seeing it incomplete on my list :)

MOP Operation Cleanup:

Let's see, it's an extremely annoying platformer that you constantly move to the right, jumping is annoying as hell, and can lag when you're wall jumping. Seriously it's a 2D platformer, it shouldn't have that issue on a god damn PS4. At least I got it for $1.99. That was the sale price, the retail price is $4.99.

Miko Mole:

Ever played Boulder Dash? Think that except no gridlock movement, it's free roaming and stuff moves wherever it wants like boulders and it can crush you easily. This was also on sale for $1.99 and the retail is $4.99, oh and it's made by the same people who made MOP.

I'm sure there's other games I played that are terrible but can't think of any at the moment.

I'm only picking games I've done:

- Aab's Animals. The EASIEST FIVE TROPHIES YOU WILL EVER GET in the history of trophy hunting. It's not even a game, it's watching a screen of a cat while you can mess around with it. Easier than My Name is Mayo. Speaking of which...

- My Name is Mayo. The EASIEST PLATINUM YOU CAN EVER GET. It's easier than Nubla. It's a pile of shit but it's strangely satisfying while poststamps of 1950s style women pop up while you click that jar of mayonaise 10,000 times. Just do all the clicking for the various outfits (bras and what have you) and you're done. So bad it's good.

- Orc Slayer. So bad it's well, bad. This is more of a poor N64 port from the late 1990s. The graphics are terrible, heck there was more appeal with Chex Quest back in 1996 than there is for this game. It's utterly painful because you're using that crossbow over and over, and over. The enemies are your generic orc looking creatures with flying pig barrels, pigs that shoot projectiles and spiders. Unless you're a trophy whore, avoid this game.

Edited by Spaz

Personally I believe Ether One has to be the worst game I've played off PSN.

Still can't figure out why, but that game has to be the only game I've ever played in my life that has made me legitimately sick. I had to stretch the 3 or 4 hours it took to platinum the game over two days because it made me feel that horrible.

I regret ever playing this game at all, but I wanted a quick platinum to make Dark Souls 3 my 50th. 

Although apparently people actually liked this game though, which I don't understand, but this is a subjective opinion.

• Like 2

This is hardly a win/win scenario. Sony/the devs are getting some money at the cost of the trophy system being further devalued. It's not too bad if I Am Mayo ends up being the only clicker game with a platinum, but if this becomes a standard cashgrab attempt, it's very worrying.

You'll see someone with 300 plats and think "wow!" and then realize 250 of them are just disgusting little clicker games that serve NO purpose other than for easy trophies. At least Hannah Montana was a game. At least Aabs Animal is cute and money goes towards charity. At least visual novels offer stories that branch off into multiple paths.

I Am Mayo offers literally nothing apart from trophies and it really should not have a platinum. If a game like AdVenture - a clicker game which requires actual work and thought - doesn't get a platinum, I Am Mayo certainly shouldn't and I'm disgusted that it got one.

Sony should hold their amazing trophy system in a higher regard instead of letting shit like IAM ruin it.

I accept all your points and, if those things are important to you, you shouldn't buy it and put your money in that direction of travel. 

But it's certainly win/win for Sony and the Dev (in the latter case, provided it at least covers the costs of porting and certification). I'd argue that it's win/win/win - with the last "win" being us the consumers - if you take the view that greater choice of games on your preferred platform is a good thing and if you get to play a game that gives you an easy plat if that's important to you.

You might disagree and see it as a win/win/lose, and that's fine. 

• Like 1

I accept all your points and, if those things are important to you, you shouldn't buy it and put your money in that direction of travel. 

But it's certainly win/win for Sony and the Dev (in the latter case, provided it at least covers the costs of porting and certification). I'd argue that it's win/win/win - with the last "win" being us the consumers - if you take the view that greater choice of games on your preferred platform is a good thing and if you get to play a game that gives you an easy plat if that's important to you.

You might disagree and see it as a win/win/lose, and that's fine. 

If the Playstation Store turns into a sea of crappy games with a few gems floating in bottles here and there, we all lose (*cough*itunes*cough).  I would rather Sony just sell trophies directly for cash than have the Playstation Store flooded with games like Mayo.

I remembered now a completely horrible game : Surgeon simulator!

Oh man that game really sucks !!The controls are horrible and you feel like you want tossing the controller to the wall

Never played it, but I have watched it being played. I thought the controls were intentionally horrible.

It has to be Amy for me.  A good handful of games I've seen mentioned here I liked, or at least thought were decent... but Amy... (shudders)

I liked what this game tried to do, there were some good ideas, like playing an under-powered character and using puzzle type power mechanics to get through a zombie outbreak; but it was so poorly executed.. I'm pretty sure the devs just weren't finished with the game, I mean your power wheel only ever gets like 3 abilities on it, and it had 6 or 8 spots.  Even if the cost were free, it's not worth the trophies.  Just stay away. 

If the Playstation Store turns into a sea of crappy games with a few gems floating in bottles here and there, we all lose (*cough*itunes*cough).  I would rather Sony just sell trophies directly for cash than have the Playstation Store flooded with games like Mayo.

The solution to that is better discoverability/navigation tools/UI on the store. Not preventing player choice. 

Like I said above (page 1, somewhere), certification costs are a natural barrier to entry for the types of games that go on iTunes/Steam. The economics of launching on PS Store mean that shovelware (in the iTunes/Steam sense) won't be worth the investment/risk for those kind of games. 

.detuned

Adam's Venture

Pixeljunk Eden

Linger in Shadows

Orc Slayer

Spare Parts

Lone Survivor

I just could not bring myself to finish Spare Parts still on my PSN profile as like 10% or something