WORST PSN Games?

Hazalos-

No Man's Sky offered us a feeling that we could never get from any other game, how could you hate such a masterpiece? 

You mean a huge disappointment as game did not meet up the hype? I feel like we have been there before, haven't we?  :huh: 

For the records, l did not hate the game as l haven't bought it yet but l would if l paid 59.99$.

It might be a good game but on price / performance scale  No Man's Sky would be really a bad game.

• Like 2

Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta - Episode 1

I will never understand how Sony let this game in to their storefront...

Aabs Animals - The 100% is fast and easy, but I think it could be a waste of money on that. :P

DCUO - Has a lot of points, but I'm not really good in that game.

That's all I could think of :hmm: ...

I just saw a physical copy of DCUO PS3. Would've picked it up if it wouldn't have so many DLCs.

You know for all the hate that a game like My Name is Mayo gets, I think the dev actually is really smart.  Plain and simple, they created a product that may not be the greatest, but plenty of people will buy it because the price is low and it's an easy completion.  It appeals greatly to achievement and trophy hunters looking for an easy 100% or platinum because it's short, runs smoothly and all the achievements/trophies are obtainable along with being cheap.  They found a niche to cater to, made a product at a price that many of that niche will have no problem with and have made some good money that way.  In any other field, that would be considered a good business decision.

... and, surprise surprise, Sony will appreciate the nice little cut from each one of those sales. 

Win win's like this is why these games won't disappear from the store.

You know for all the hate that a game like My Name is Mayo gets, I think the dev actually is really smart.  Plain and simple, they created a product that may not be the greatest, but plenty of people will buy it because the price is low and it's an easy completion.  It appeals greatly to achievement and trophy hunters looking for an easy 100% or platinum because it's short, runs smoothly and all the achievements/trophies are obtainable along with being cheap.  They found a niche to cater to, made a product at a price that many of that niche will have no problem with and have made some good money that way.  In any other field, that would be considered a good business decision.

Moreover, they cared for having a plaitnum cause let's be honest PLATINUM for 1 usd is much more attractive for us than 21 bronze trophies :D

... and, surprise surprise, Sony will appreciate the nice little cut from each one of those sales. 

Win win's like this is why these games won't disappear from the store.

Also since it's digital only, they don't get losses from used game sales, more win win.

Moreover, they cared for having a plaitnum cause let's be honest PLATINUM for 1 usd is much more attractive for us than 21 bronze trophies :D

That as well.  On Steam they also put in the effort to include trading cards which lures in the badge hunters.  So yeah, it may not be a good game, but the dev knows their audiences ad provided a product that appeals to some niches that will buy their game happily.  That is exactly the sort of thing a smart business will do.

This is hardly a win/win scenario. Sony/the devs are getting some money at the cost of the trophy system being further devalued. It's not too bad if I Am Mayo ends up being the only clicker game with a platinum, but if this becomes a standard cashgrab attempt, it's very worrying.

You'll see someone with 300 plats and think "wow!" and then realize 250 of them are just disgusting little clicker games that serve NO purpose other than for easy trophies. At least Hannah Montana was a game. At least Aabs Animal is cute and money goes towards charity. At least visual novels offer stories that branch off into multiple paths.

I Am Mayo offers literally nothing apart from trophies and it really should not have a platinum. If a game like AdVenture - a clicker game which requires actual work and thought - doesn't get a platinum, I Am Mayo certainly shouldn't and I'm disgusted that it got one.

Sony should hold their amazing trophy system in a higher regard instead of letting shit like IAM ruin it.

Sony is also a company.   The bottom line for any company is making profit and for the maker of a game console, most of their profits will come from third party games, not from console sales or first party games.  The sad truth for gaming now is that good games do not always equal profits.  What equals profit is making a game that will get the target audience to shell out money from their wallets in enough of an amount to bring in sales that are above the costs of making the game.  The issue a lot of game companies are running into is that the cost of making games is far higher than the likely sales for most games now, which is a huge problem that honestly is one most of the game companies made for themselves by constantly trying to outdo each other in graphics.

Edited by ladynadiad

I only list what I have played or what I own.

top three of mine is...

1- Mars: War logs ( got this in a price drop for only $8 thinking it's a good quick action RPG..... Not!! never buy something from Spiders ever again )

2- Pinballistic ( got it for free, played it for only a day or two then I never heard of it ever again.. all it's trophies are luck based too, so that's also a negative to me )

3- My Name is Mayo ( this... I at least liked the the humor in it for a few minutes before I completely forgot about it, after I complete it I felt that there's nothing left for it except compete for the leader board which it has a crash that'll send you back to the ps4 menu, even though I got it only for $0.84, it's best if it's a free 2 play game.

Yeah, it was on sale this week so i picked it up because i want to get to 100 platinums as quick as possible, and it was so bad.

Still have to play Albedo so it's going to be a boring evening again

I had to do Albedo over 2 days as the game was so awful thats what a 4hr plat took me 16hrs on my PSN profile lol

What?! Really? I thought Brothers was an amazing, beautiful and emotional story. It might even be my favorite PSN game :). Why do you dislike it?

It's a story based game and I couldn't connect to the story. I've been able to enjoy games with unspoken narratives before, but I just couldn't feel it with Brothers. Splitting the characters to different sticks made the experience even worse. I might add ibb & obb to the list for the very same reason.