Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Announcement Trailer

Parker

Some more details via IGN

Sounds pretty goddamn awesome.

Parker

Interesting, takes place after the events of Uncharted 4, huh? I wonder how the gameplay is going to feel with a MC less "brawly" than Drake. It's also cool that it'll be longer than TLOU: Left Behind as that wasn't that big of an adventure (in terms of length). Probably a DLC comparable to inFamous First Light. I hope this will have a physical release and a platinum trophy as well :D!

And as always I'm late to these announcements.

As everybody who earned the platinum in Uncharted 4 knows, Nadine wasn't FLESHED out. She was basically there to provide help for Rafe, who in turn was wanting to get the treasure for his own means against Drake and Sam.

This could turn out like the Left Behind DLC from The Last of Us which is added onto the trophy list as a DLC pack, or it could be separate like inFamous First Light.

I was laughing when I realized Ubisoft made their Freedom Cry DLC both added along the base games trophies and entirely separate.

But regardless, looking forward to this DLC. I'm going to miss the Uncharted series.

Soooooooo excited for this one, and apparently it's a new game not the DLC! Not sure if that's confirmed yet though is it?

I just knew this was Uncharted when it came on, then I thought is that? No, it can't be! And it was! Chloe's return. So happy! :D

It is the DLC that turned into more of an expansion than a short DLC.

Yea, should be a full-fledged game.

Except not at all because its an Uncharted 4 Story Expansion 

It looks as though this may be standalone DLC ala inFamous and Last of Us, which is fucking great for me because I didn't bother buying Uncharted 4. I borrowed Uncharted 4 from the library and loved the shit out of it, but I'll pick it up when I see it for cheaper some time. As much as I love the Uncharted games, I don't really see too much replay value in them. I come back every couple of years to them, and that's why I picked up The Nathan Drake Collection for cheap when I saw it, but like, I ain't paying full price for it, sorry not sorry. 

Anyway, I'm glad it's standalone because I will day one the shit out of this since I won't need to either reborrow or buy a copy of U4 to play it.

Also, on the actual topic of the game itself. Holy shit Nadine bored the fuck out of me. I hate to give anything to those idiots who cry about girls getting any screen time in anything, but she really did feel forced. Sure, she can be a good fighter and all that, but she straight up owned Drake AND his brother at the same time, both of whom have kicked way bigger and tougher asses than her's. I fucking love Chloe because she was entirely believable, well written, and was interesting to watch. Nadine on the other hand wasn't really believable, was barely even given any dialogue (at least nothing memorable), and she was so boring to watch... with her being paired up with someone and not just in the background, I have sincere hopes that this can change, I'm open to her being a badass, but like, I just hope it's not "Uncharted: Chloe and her other friend who isn't Drake".

Naughty Dog is going to make their money in 2017 with Uncharted and TLOU 2 that's for sure.

You shouldn't get your hopes up with expecting The Last of Us Part II to release in 2017 (or maybe even 2018). Naughty Dog likes to take their time developing their games and yesterday during the PSX conference, right before the trailer was shown, Shawn Layden said the game was still in early development. I doubt a 2017 release happens and even a 2018 release might still be wishful thinking. 

• Like 3

You shouldn't get your hopes up with expecting The Last of Us Part II to release in 2017 (or maybe even 2018). Naughty Dog likes to take their time developing their games and yesterday during the PSX conference, right before the trailer was shown, Shawn Layden said the game was still in early development. I doubt a 2017 release happens and even a 2018 release might still be wishful thinking.

That is good point Naughty Dog does make sure their games are perfect before they release them. All I'm saying is when the time comes TLOU 2 will be flying off the shelves.
  • Like 1

That is good point Naughty Dog does make sure their games are perfect before they release them. All I'm saying is when the time comes TLOU 2 will be flying off the shelves.

True, even some of my friends who don't game much and don't know that many games (mostly only Battlefield, Call of Duty, FIFA and Grand Theft Auto) have played The Last of Us and really enjoyed it. I also think The Last of Us Part II is going to sell pretty good indeed ;).

Apparently this is gonna get a disc release too? Well shit.

If First Light is anything to go off, the physical release will be available for a while and then never seen again, seriously, I saw it preowned in Cash Converters the other day and that's the first time I've seen it in like a year, actually pretty glad I ordered it.

It is the DLC that turned into more of an expansion than a short DLC.

Except not at all because its an Uncharted 4 Story Expansion

Naughty Dog have since said this started out life as the single player story DLC for Uncharted 4 but along the way they realised they were creating something more and instead it's turned into a standalone Uncharted story. It may have nothing to do with U4 by the sounds of it.

Apparently this is gonna get a disc release too? Well shit.

If First Light is anything to go off, the physical release will be available for a while and then never seen again, seriously, I saw it preowned in Cash Converters the other day and that's the first time I've seen it in like a year, actually pretty glad I ordered it.

Yeah ND have confirmed it will be available "on store shelves and for digital download". I'm certainly grabbing myself a nice disc copy day one! :D

Strange what you say about First Light though, here in the UK it can be bought no problem in store or online, new or used.

Source for both: PlayStation Blog

Yeah ND have confirmed it will be available "on store shelves and for digital download". I'm certainly grabbing myself a nice disc copy day one! :D

Strange what you say about First Light though, here in the UK it can be bought no problem in store or online, new or used.

Source for both: PlayStation Blog

Could just be me, but I just did a quick check on EB's website for stock to see if I'm wrong, which I hoped I was, but there's one copy about 10km's from me, another just under 40 away, and then the next 2 closest stores with stock are literally 160km away. So maybe they just did a more limited run here.