Vita's 5th anniversary (February 22nd): Let's celebrate with plats or 100% (EVENT FINISHED)

Well, I managed to get 2 out of my targeted 3 games done at least. Unfortunately for Amnesia's platinum I wasn't willing to go through all those endings in one day, so I only got Assassin's Creed Liberation's platinum (after killing about 25 guards instead of the listed 7) and the 100% in Actual Sunlight (a "game" that actually had very little in the way of sunlight). I can now offically say that I've earned a platinum on all 3 platforms thanks to this event, I'd like also like to apologize to the Vita for waiting almost 5 years to get one, better late than never :)

G5Nz2ff.png

• Like 2

Root Letter

1L1f1c1b.png

Just popped this bad boy for this event. I originally intended to pop this and Sly 3 for this event, but I ran out time...

I chose to plat this instead of Sly 3, because I love playing japanese games(surprise!) on my Vita

Happy birthday Vita-sama!

Praise it! Revere it! The most subarashii and beautiful platinum trophy screenshot...

iicgoZc.jpg

and something extra...

6tUHREp.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, scrolling through that list there are some real nice trophy images, may have to add a few more games to my wish list (note to self: you really shouldn't choose games based purely on what their plat trophy looks like! *adds multiple games to wish list*) Anyway... despite somehow only suddenly realising last week that we were in February already and panicking that I hadn't done anything in preparation towards this, I managed to plat LEGO Batman 2. Congratulations to everybody who took part and especially all those that managed 5 (or more) Plats / 100%s

Screen shot 2017-02-22 at 21.35.47.png

Screen shot 2017-02-22 at 21.15.54.png

Edited by Dr_WPJTPCSPCDM
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, xFalionx said:

This is the game that surprised me the most. I really didn't think that an otome game could be this great.

I came into this game with low expectations

Gee, why is everyone surprised about C;R.

It's otome with just one cute girl and I'm still praising it =D It's obviously quality. =D

In the end, I could not finish the 100% I chose, guess using Mario wasn't a good idea after all :/

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Everyone up to here has been added to the list.

32 minutes ago, Dr_WPJTPCSPCDM said:

(note to self: you really shouldn't choose games based purely on what their plat trophy looks like! *adds multiple games to wish list*)

It's like the ago before internet:

Instead of choosing the next game by the awesome cover art you choose the games with beautiful plat-images. =)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Instead of choosing the next game by the awesome cover art you choose the games with beautiful plat-images. =)

I still tend to do that. That's how I bought Time and Eternity :P

45 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

It really is. I must admit pretty plat images have been the tie breaker when struggling to choose which game to buy (when they both sound interesting and are the same price) far more times than I care to admit. As long as I don't ever turn down playing an awesome game because the trophies are ugly then I think it's acceptable and I don't have to worry :)

On 2/12/2017 at 10:29 AM, Jon22264 said:

Hey, absolutely love this idea and want to join in...this will give motivation to play PS4 less and give the vita some attention.

Games - Minimum 

Wolf Among Us

Walking Dead S2

If the day job allows, i'll try to get a couple to complete of the below:

Gravity Rush

Killzone Mercenary 

Grimsby Fandgo

Day of the Tentacle

So, a little change to my original plan but managed to Plat Wolf Among Us, Day of the Tentacle and Hitman Go and 100% Walking Dead Season 2 all as of 11pm UK time.

Hitman GO: Definitive Edition  40-platinum.png

Day of the Tentacle Remastered40-platinum.png

The Wolf Among Us40-platinum.png

The Walking Dead: Season 2complete-icon.png

Not done such intense gaming sessions for a while but really enjoyed this. Happy Birthday Vita!!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Gee, why is everyone surprised about C;R.

It's otome with just one cute girl and I'm still praising it =D It's obviously quality. =D

1. I have played Amnesia: Memories directly beforehand, which barely surpassed my low expectations for that title.
  2. It's an otome game, and dating guys usually isn't quite my thing. :P 
  3. It's one of the games from PS+, and while some games are great, there's a good chance to get crap on there.
  4. I didn't see you praising the game beforehand.
  5. The only thing I saw about it beforehand was the PSNP header of the game, which just looks like standard romance.

But honestly, if I even knew beforehand that the game would be set in a steampunk universe I would totally have checked that out instantly. Steampunk is my favorite setting for pretty much anything.

3 minutes ago, Dr_WPJTPCSPCDM said:

It really is. I must admit pretty plat images have been the tie breaker when struggling to choose which game to buy (when they both sound interesting and are the same price) far more times than I care to admit. As long as I don't ever turn down playing an awesome game because the trophies are ugly then I think it's acceptable and I don't have to worry :)

My personal tiebreaker is the soundtrack of the game. I've totally caught myself multiple times before playing a game that I usually wouldn't have played if it weren't for it's soundtrack. Same thing goes for anime and other TV shows.

Happy Birthday Vita!!!

1Lf4cd41.png

Day of the Tentacle: Remastered

My Vita was my first Playstation device and introduced me to some of the best games I've ever played. It sucks that it doesn't get enough recognition from Sony, but based on how successful this event was it's evident that it's still loved by many people. Hopefully one day Sony will recognize that the Vita still exists but until that day the Japanese will just have to gift us an unlimited number of visual novels and JRPG's :D.

• Like 2

I know I am bit late to be in this event, but I would like to be added in it. I saw this thread a few weeks ago and thought the idea of celebrating the Vita's 5th Anniversary was a great idea as it is one of my most favorite handheld devices I ever used. The game that I platinumed for the Vita's 5th Anniversary is Little Deviants, which was one of the first few games that I bought and never thought that I could platinum.

My record shows that I gave up after 2 months due to the frustration back in 2012. Then near the end of 2016, I saw a boosting thread to get the two glitched online trophies, "Throwdown" and "Honor Upheld". Again, thanks to Hoagie324, TheYuriG, and crisding89 for helping and finding the way to "fix" the glitch in the trophies. After getting the online trophies finished and seeing this thread, I decided that I would try to attempt getting the platinum near the anniversary as I wanted to do other games in the mean time. Anyways, I decided to start completing the game yesterday and to continue throughout the whole day of February 22nd. I needed to do the last 28 gold spaceship challenges in two days and as soon as I instantly started one of the levels, I remembered the frustration of the gimmicks of the minigames that I needed to do. The controls are tough to use as most of it required use of the Vita's motion control and both uses of its touchscreens which were both either unresponsive or too tough to control. I felt that most of the loses and wins that I had were truly dependent on luck such as unfair enemy placements and lucky projectile placements. After pushing through and learning each strategy for the different levels in the game, I barely made it before midnight to platinum the game to get Trophyumphant. I know on PSNProfiles it says that I platinumed the game on the 23rd, but I did platinum Little Deviants in time. (My time zone is EST)

Overall, this is (defiantly) not the best the Vita game that I have ever played, but one thing that this game did do for the Vita was showing its potential in its features and the power to make unique games for the console. Anyways, I am really ecstatic and proud that I got this platinum for the Vita and that it was platinumed on its 5th Anniversary.

Happy Birthday to the PS Vita! 

2017-02-22-235658.jpg

2017-02-22-235550.jpg

• Like 2

Everyone updated up till now. :)

Later this day I will do a short check of who's missing and do a short (pre) summing up.

1 hour ago, redcar200 said:

I didn't sign up but I just platinumed titan souls on ps vita. 

No problem. Still added you to the list. :D

24 minutes ago, terpin888 said:

I know I am bit late to be in this event, but I would like to be added in it. I saw this thread a few weeks ago and thought the idea of celebrating the Vita's 5th Anniversary was a great idea as it is one of my most favorite handheld devices I ever used. The game that I platinumed for the Vita's 5th Anniversary is Little Deviants, which was one of the first few games that I bought and never thought that I could platinum.

I don't mind if people join right at the end. And it's nice to hear that you managed to pull off the final challenges in the game in such a short time and also good to see that the effort by @TheYuriG @Hoagie324 and @crisding89 contributed to this event, too. Again, congratulations to this well-deserved plat! :)

• Like 2