New Site Update Issues

Parker

Can we have an option to use the regular PC version of the chat on mobile, please? The mobile version currently doesn't show a list of people currently in chat and there's no ignore option either.

One more issue I noticed was that the Forums tab seems to be missing on mobile.

Also, some of the info is cut-off from the forum profile when viewed in desktop mode on mobile (Chrome) : 

pALdSaJ.jpg

6 minutes ago, IntenseFATE98 said:

Can we have an option to use the regular PC version of the chat on mobile, please? The mobile version currently doesn't show a list of people currently in chat and there's no ignore option either.

One more issue I noticed was that the Forums tab seems to be missing on mobile.

Also, some of the info is cut-off from the forum profile when viewed in desktop mode on mobile (Chrome) : 

pALdSaJ.jpg

When using the mobile version, for some reason the cover images are much larger (1270x600 pixels).

Uh, hello.

I don't know if it's already in here but I noticed that since the site update I can't see the cards on the homepage. I mean, every time you enter the old site, you could see user cards getting updated and displayed on the homepage, the background of their last game too. But I can't see the cards now, just Playstation buttons ( X, O, square, triangle) moving over and over in their place as if they're loading, and the backgrounds changing. This doesn't happen with Chrome, though. I use Firefox.

11 hours ago, vegetollo7 said:

I just have an overall opinion/observation. Unfortunately I don't like the new look that the update brought. The new font, design, and appearance look amateurish. The old design looked much more professional and cleaner. Guess I'll just have to get used to the new look but I will definitely miss the old design.

I agree with you, I think the previous design looked much better. For example, as it has already been mentioned, the "PS3", "PS4" and "VITA" icons to the right of the games look terrible now in my opinion. Is there a way to return to the old black, bigger icons? Same with country flags, they look worse to me now.

I know a lot more that we can't see has been changed and that it was probably needed, but talking only about the new look, there wasn't any need to fix what wasn't broken in my opinion.

Edited by marc_cp

9 minutes ago, marc_cp said:

I agree with you, I think the previous design looked much better. For example, as it has already been mentioned, the "PS3", "PS4" and "VITA" icons to the right of the games look terrible now in my opinion. Is there a way to return to the old black, bigger icons? Same with country flags, they look worse to me now.

I know a lot more that we can't see has been changed and that it was probably needed, but talking only about the new look, there wasn't any need to fix what wasn't broken in my opinion.

Most of everything feels too far spread out, especially the PSN Profile. The bar at the top which lists the total number of trophies you have looks unprofessional. There is far too much filler space, it would definitely look better if it was shortened.

I was riding on the hopes during the announcement that this would be mostly satisfactory, but now I'm not so sure. In the past the forums I've had the most posts in were ones that looked good and were simple, yet easy to navigate and still pleasing to the eye. I'm having my doubts about this one, it's not anywhere near the worst forum I've been in but I may not post as much this time around, since I don't like having to relearn various things just to readjust to a new forum.

This may very much be an unpopular opinion, but it is an opinion nonetheless. My biggest concern are the PSN Profiles rather than the forums. They could use some work and revision in my view.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, marc_cp said:

IMO the DIN Pro (?) font looks a bit "comic sansish" in certain places like in our profiles with the single rank letter. Google's Noto Sans supports Japanese characters too btw if you need to display game names with it. And it's free so wouldn't have to pay for license. Just a suggestion.

I'm not really fan of the new flags and rounded avatars either along with some slight spacing and alignment inconsistencies, but I can live with them. The more important thing is to get everything to work technically before going into cosmetic issues. 

It's really admirable if Sly is working on this huge project by himself and I appreciate his development skills running this vast and complicated site. Really good job, Sly!

Hello! Great update! But somehow my banner has gone and i cannot upload them anymore today?

Actually i can upload but when i save it return

Something went wrong, your settings were not saved - imagecopyresampled() expects parameter 2 to be resource, null given

Trophy images on checklists have gone *poof*

I like the new PSN profile page, but it doesn't keep the Order I want to view games in and keeps resetting to 'Last Played'.

As far as feedback on cosmetic changes go, the site now looks a lot like like my free-hosted amateur forum I made for my WoW guild in 2007.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, marioquartz said:

I have earned various thropies but i not can see them. I want see the trophies earned, but not the trophiest not earned yet.

Selección_242.png

Go into the trophy list of the game in question. There will be an option to "Show Secret Trophies" below the name of the game in the blue bar. Mine says Hide Secret Trophies because I already have the option to show them on. :P

tip1.png

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

1 hour ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Go into the trophy list of the game in question. There will be an option to "Show Secret Trophies" below the name of the game in the blue bar. Mine says Hide Secret Trophies because I already have the option to show them on. :P

tip1.png

But show ALL the secret trophies. Earned or not. 

But i want see only the secret trophies earned. And hidden the not earned ones.

• Earned => Show
  • NOT earned => hidden

I just found an issue... my trophy milestones doesnt show 11,000th earned trophy which was  :bronze:Trained in Seclusion   from Persona 4 Arena. It was displaying it fine during the previous site version.

Also shouldnt it be 1337th trophy... it says 1337 trophy.

EDIT. Nevermind 11k trophy, I see from other psnprofiles that it disappeared.

22S29e188.png           40-bronze.png
Edited by Saionji

1 hour ago, Maverick6146 said:

for some reason i was unable to change the layout of my trophy card and it always reverts back the game & trophy mode with two trophies showing.

I assume you are speaking of the smaller trophy card? 
https://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Maverick6146.png

Try to change the settings and then hit save. After that open the link of the tropy card and reload the site and it should show you the changed layout. I also had the 2 games + 2 trophies mode and changed it to the one only showing games:
https://card.psnprofiles.com/1/crimsonidol-de.png

After I opened the image on it's own and hit the reload it showed me the current settings. I guess the same applies to the newer trophy card (don't know if it's useable for non-premium users).

EDIT:
The only confusing thing is that the preview doesn't show any icon overlays and instead it shows the typical "broken image links".
@Sly Ripper: The trophy card preview/customization still uses links of this sort:
https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/games/4c36cf/trophies/1S90326f.png 
but they should be
https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/4c36cf/trophies/1S90326f.png

Spoiler

HNyHmNh.png

Edited by Crimson Idol

1 hour ago, shadowra said:

Site update looks really slick.

One thing though, it from a security perspective, it would be better to merge these two error messages into one:2016-12-10-101524_685x98_scrot.png

2016-12-10-100843_696x108_scrot.png

So a login failure is obfuscated into a general failure.

I do plan on changing it, but we use throttling for login submissions. There's also a global throttle in case a bunch of IPs start spamming submissions.

I mentioned this back when Premium members got to test out the new site and I will mention it again here. Can we please get rid of all the milestones that were added? I don't care what my 30th platinum trophy is and it just makes my milestones look messy as it isn't even consistent. I mean it goes 10, 20,30,40,50,75,100,125...either do every 10 or don't. Better yet just give us the option to pick our milestones.

I have a lot more problems with the Update but since pretty much 99% of the site likes it I won't mention it here but the over abundance of Milestones either needs to be removed or give users the option to edit what they want displayed.

• Like 2

K, here's a bit of a weird one. I'm using Chrome on my Galaxy S6 BTW. 

So I post a reply on someone's status in the status update feed page. It shows up and I keep scrolling down, reading as I go. 

Something comes up and I shut my phone down or leave the browser. Sometimes when I return to Chrome it scrolls back up to my last reply (which I can see was posted correctly)  it fills in the reply box with whatever I previously posted and I get the message:

Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Then I have to scroll back through the feed to figure out where I was previously. Even if I hit the clear editor button it happens again if I don't reply to another update. 

I'd like to add that this is the first mobile site I actually use.  You did a good job making it readable, while still allowing access to all the features. I just wish the activity feeds were a little more accessible, instead of being buried. 

Edit: same thing just happened in a pm. Sent the message, came back later, and there it was again,even though it was already posted. 

Edited by Hemiak

6 hours ago, Asvinia said:

Trophy images on checklists have gone *poof*

Yeah, all threads that posted trophy images have a broken link. Just add them again and it'll work fine.

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Better yet just give us the option to pick our milestones.

I have a lot more problems with the Update but since pretty much 99% of the site likes it I won't mention it here but the over abundance of Milestones either needs to be removed or give users the option to edit what they want displayed.

Or make it a feature exclusive for premium members.

• Like 1