How to get impressed by an opponent trophy cabinet?

kashu_ryo

How to get respect as a gamer?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How do somebody earn your respect?

• Have a lot of trophies. not that rare
    • Have a small amount of trophies but this are all that rare plats like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, etc.

Be consistent in your actions, if you say you are going to do something / organise or participate in it then do it. If you really want to build an online persona and respect join an event / comp or sub community within this great community. Never take yourself to seriously, choose the people you like to game with / talk too and don't waste time pandering to the ones you don't. Have fun, laugh and all good things will follow :)

• Like 1

I couldn't pick either, I'm a gamer for life and just love gaming. The plats I have are mainly from games that I just haven't stopped playing. So many people have said and know this so I won't repeat the "what respect means", Let's just say that I respect everyone here and rarely look at trophies.

You can gain respect by taking over an enemy trophy territory, taking down an enemy trophy member or a trophy dealer.

You'll lose respect if you take down a member of your own trophy gang or lose a trophy territory.

You'll know you've earned respect as a "+ respect" will appear in the corner of your vision, and you'll suddenly be able to recruit more trophy friends, your "trophy appeal" will also be affected.

• Like 1

Give of yourself more than you expect to get.... At least I do, I dare say.
In 95% of the sessions always first look the opposite ppl to be happy, I'm prefer to doing stuff last.

I do not judge by the number of trophies, language and nationality. Some players with 100+ trophy in list who I met in time was boasters, arrogant and uncommunicative. I could not expect any help and support from them even for a single trophy. Some do not even bother to respond to your msg.
Do not hurry, do not die for trophies/plats, be polite and do things friendly, with understanding, to help each other really when boosting.
Honest and accountable when join in a session and appear on time. If you can't, just announced it. I always understanding.

We must not be greedy, brash and arrogant. Do not envy and not offend your boosting partners because they, like us, have their own time and life.

Аnd not always understood the mechanics of the game from the 1st time.

Bad players are always visible and be felt early.

Good are rare, but quality .And make things right for you as you would expect them do for you either.

BE RESPECTFUL!

I don't respect someone just for their trophies. I respect everyone unless they show they don't deserve it.

If you ask me what impresses me more trophy wise. I'm going to have to say a nice amount of trophies including a good number of rare ones. (i.e. a combination of your options)

Edited by Ric

Quite a useless topic.

You get respect for what you do and treat the others First, if you're a jackass that only insult me i don't care if you have a perfect profile for example ;)

That's 95% of it.

Then you if you ahve a cool profile and everything with ahrd and long plats Respect but if you're a Jerk having this profile i don't care. 

Edited by Sora9427
  • Like 1

I didn't bother voting because the answer is neither. To get respect from other gamers you need to demonstrate how good you are at the game in front of them, whether online or in person. Then they'll want to play with you or have you on their team. You don't earn respect by showing people how many trophies you have. Also, being an overall nice guy helps too.

Just be a fun guy, kind, helpful and you'll get respect before you know it :).

Trophies have got nothing to do with respect. Having a whole bunch of them with many Platinums can sometimes lead to showing-off or bragging, and that's how you lose respect.

Just keep collecting Trophies for fun and don't do anything rather stupid.

• Like 3

As most people have written, it's neither.

Most Trophies? Never. I read about that player Haboom who got 1000 platinums, in order to do this he had to sacrifice things in real life to achieve it. The last word that comes to mind is respect, instead it's just pity.

Most difficult platinums? I would say "impressed" comes to mind not "respect".

Respect I reserve for those that are prepared to help you even when there's nothing in it for themselves. Their trophy list doesn't even come into it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Money to import VNs to skip them?

Sorry I don't know what that means. If you mean the exchange of money for trophies then to each their own. I was referring to a quote:

" I have played over 20k hours in the past 5 years and sacrificed many opportunities in life to reach where I am now.”

This is very simple:

1. Don't hack games - you'll immediately lose all respect

2. Don't have a profile of just easy games - 6 Stein's Gates in your profile is probably overkill IMO. Though I don't knock people for easy platinums, but don't overdo it and oh yeah, no Hannah Montana.

3. Do it by yourself - don't pay people to do it for you and don't share your account with others.

Pretty standard. I respect any trophy hunter who follows this, big collection or small.

• Like 1

Trophies don't earn yourself respect as a gamer , the way you act with others gamers and also non-gamers is a much better plus in esrn yourself some respect . 

This poll is neglecting some important points to consider in that regard . 

Edited by Sigma999
  • Like 1