Time to call it quits for me guys

zeero7uk

i give the benefit of the doubt. there's a possibility of something happening while during a save (lightning storm, acts of dog) that could prompt a power outage to happen. it's just one thing he cant get back unless he puts in tons of hours again.

however he does wish him luck wherever his gaming takes him.

11 minutes ago, zer007uk said:

It's coming to a point for me where i'm starting to loathe my no1 hobby (gaming) because of trophies.

Anyhoo folks just felt the need to vent a little there sorry.

Oh this sums it up wonderfully.

I hit this point a good time ago, and again a couple weeks ago with Treasures of Montezuma. Its like, all the fun is completely gone, and trophy hunting is a complete chore, even if the games are easy.

I just got one for day of the tentacle, and one for Ys, and even though they were fun and decent, I didn't feel accomplished whatsoever.

I tell ya, the ability to delete trophies, or hell, even BLOCK them, could be a great feature.

Edited by RedRodriguez87

I understand your point.

And gaming should be fun, and nothing more.

Personally i just play the games that i want to.

And when i'm not having fun with a game anymore, i just quit it and go to the next game that a want to play.

Very simple, don't play games that you don't want to, because then it will feel like a chore.

Trophies are fun and all that, but can not give the joy of playing a game and having fun with it.

• Like 3

Just do what makes you happy. They are digital trophies that give you nothing in return other than a sense of accomplishment. Now that you don't even feel that gratification I would have to agree that you should just play for fun. I do that most of the time (hence my 44% completion). What can I say? If a game looks like fun I play it, and sometimes I want to get the plat, other times I don't even attempt it. I wish you all the best with gaming and hope this step brings back the fun of gaming for you. ?

If you don't like slogging through shovelware, then don't. Play games you enjoy. If you want to go for all the trophies in the game, do it. As a trophy hunter, you may also want to do a little bit extra for some extra trophies etc. Simply don't obsess over it and you should be fine.

4 minutes ago, Killbot0002 said:

Am I the only 1 thinking... what the fuck does he mean cars in Fallout?

flatout 4 indir ile ilgili görsel sonucu
He even said races etc but nvm.

As for the OP, l feel you man. Sometimes obtaining trophies is more like a chore than hobby or fun however, when you obtain it the relieving feel is worth all the trouble for me. Although, l have to admit that feeling is getting less and less day by day. Do what you please and come back whenever you are ready. You can't really stop doing it for good :P 

I just go for trophies in games that I really like, and avoid boring games (e.g. Tales of Zestiria) and difficult time consuming games >200hours (e.g. Disgaea 4). I find that in between difficult or time consuming trophies, squeezing in an easy quick plat can be quite refreshing and brings back morale, like a visual novel or something as you still get a plat even if it was easy. 

I did have a power shortage once during a boss battle in FFXIII where the battles are super long, and it was indeed very annoying as it was also the first time it happened, so I never even thought about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

Others here have said similar things but I think they key for me personally is not striving for 100% on everything. I want to earn lots of trophies, but do so by playing lots of games. Doing this makes the trophy hunting hobby cultivate your love for games. It forces you to play things you might normally not in an effort to earn more trophies! If you're primary source of trophies is 100% games, it'll force you to hesitate pulling the trigger on tougher platinum games that you might otherwise enjoy. 

Love the games first, earn the trophies on the way. I've amassed a rather large collection without ever hardly glancing at completion percentage.

Exactly! If you like playing games, that's the most important aspect. I have plenty of games that I have no desire to 100% (and some that I can't anymore, like Scott Pilgrim), but I enjoyed playing through them. I go back to games that have fun Platinums or that I enjoy playing but in no way have any desire to 100% every game I play.

• Like 3

Good for you man, had a break myself lately and just been playing Rainbow Six Seige with some friends and boy does it feel good to not have trophies on my mind. I'm not a serious trophy hunter as it is but it's nice to have some breaks now and then and play a game without having to think about what trophies are missable, are the servers going down, this trophy glitched on me etc. :)

I platinum games that I WANT. I feel zero, absolutely ZERO obligation to platinum a game. This mindset has never staled video gaming for me and allows me to move on.

You should try getting into a "kill your completion" event. You may discover why you got into gaming in the first place.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 4