MonthlyMadnessTC

Monthly Madness - Farmer Joe - Poll up for September!

September's theme - Rearranging   23 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your favorite minor theme!

• Customising With Style - Game must feature a character customisation option or object, cars, world and house customisation. HCR: Game must feature an in depth customisation feature.
    • Level Up! - Game must feature a progression/ levelling feature. HCR: Must reach level 25 or unlock 15 progression skills in the game.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,838 posts in this topic

I picked up Yonder on the weekend and put a few hours into it, looks like it will be a pretty easy list as I've already knocked out most of the story. NOt sure on how grindy it will be post game but will let you all know

Rune Factory will be delivered Monday! Not sure if I will start it up right away since I want to get through P4G's trophies but if Im straggling on P4G I will start up Rune Factory mid month no matter what! Two weeks should be plenty of time (: (unless school kicks my ass)

Real life got in the way for a few days there. Apparently sun/heat followed by light rain for a couple days followed by more sun/heat makes a bunch of stuff ripen all at once. Do I get a star for actually farming? No? Oh well.

Highly doubt I'm finishing all my event games by the 15th...

On 8/2/2018 at 2:51 PM, AS_CHAOTIC said:

If I recall correctly @SyIaris im fairly certain that the HCR was different countries which is why I didn't mention it, it just hard to be in different locations, if it helps you visit multiple atlas facilities and helios as well. Just noticed that you've make off august, this was for January, shouldn't have a bronze marker yet.

Fair enough, I did forget you wound up off-planet too. Got it added in.

On 8/2/2018 at 3:31 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

For July I have completed Riptide GP2 which has several tracks which arbitrarily have very different looks (one ice track, one looking like the Outback, one standard USA stadium track, and another seemingly European based track). 

Eventide 3 has you travel from one European type country to a magical cloud city and an interdimensional crystal world. That may be stretching it a bit.

Update of the stats below.

Stats at the start of 2018:

Platinum trophies: 83

100% completed: 70

Completion: 52.25%

Stat changes during the year:

Platinum trophies: +37

100% completed: +18

Completion: +2.75%

Nice job! Also added a star for the "started a year ago" challenge.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:08 AM, BigHonkingOne said:

I was just about to ask this same question.

Can I be added too, please? I'll decide on a game after consulting with the Oracle. 

*EDIT*
I think I want to play Slime Rancher for the event. It releases on the PS4  August 21. It is already available on other platforms like XBOX ONE. 

Certainly, got you added now. Welcome!  :)

Slime Rancher's a fun one. Couple achievements are annoying, hopefully they don't give you too much trouble.

On 8/4/2018 at 3:50 AM, vin_rob said:

What about the story completion of injustice you have fights in all kind of places..

Anders the Digimon games they tend tot have a farm do that would count for the hc?

Yeesh, that game's skimpy on the story trophies. Sounds like it could, yeah. I wasn't shooting down the others I didn't specifically mention, by the way - just rather busy and haven't had a chance to look them up. If you think they apply, feel free to mention how.

I skipped hardcore examples because finding games in general seemed a bit rough for people and I just wanted to list a bunch. If it covers both animal raising (Digimon, so most/all should) and farming, yes, it counts.

erm... you could always try the Farming Simulator Games?

6 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Not 100% sure if this will fit since I haven't played it, but this game is on sale in the US store right now for $8 and has trophies titled "Farmer", "Gardener", "Tamer", and "Rancher":

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7581-deiland

It should count. In the pictures you can see that you can plant crops.

Now that I got the plat in AC Brotherhood I can tackle the game for this month. The tank mission is still one of the worst in the AC games.

I decided to play Yonder instead of Digimon this month because of how long it took to complete Brotherhood.

Good choice on Yonder, I finished it up last week for this month and it is a very cruisy plat

Currently playing Rune Factory Tides of Destiny!

Its been so long since I have last played this game! I last played when it released back in 2011 (had it on the wii then)

On 8/1/2018 at 0:44 AM, Dessane said:

@BrutalLooter,@cerafinn,@ExHaseo,@Fitzquaid,@Jesaya815,@Kent,@Kevvik, @Lorajet, @Mesopithecus, @Psy-Tychist, @starcrunch061, @Uchiha_Snake__, @vin_rob, @XX_FTW 

Hi friends, just a heads up you all don't have anything for July at the moment. Is there anything you'd like to put on your list?

Sorry for the (very) late reply. For July, put me down for Risen 3. Lots of travel between various islands (many of which are real places on earth), lots of staying at inns - it should fit well.

Just finished Earthlock which counts for:

--Hardcore requirement --- you grow plants in a garden and harvest from them, and you also catch barnacles to have them produce elemental cores, bugs that pollinate your plants, release crows from captivity to join you on your island, and grow "animal trees" as well which produce owls, frogs, kittens, etc
--Wouldn't have played anything soon --- I played the original Earthlock earlier this year and wasn't in any rush to play this "revised" version

Here's the plat image;
1Sa3bfcc.png

For anyone still looking for a game, this is a pretty good one.
A little history on the game-- the developers had released Earthlock: Festival of Magic a while back and, after realizing they could have done better with the game, actually re-released it as Earthlock and let anyone who had purchased the original game have it for free (finally a non-greedy dev!). The improvements to the game include filling plot holes as well as adding in some fun side quests that make the trophies feel like less of a chore.
The game is a bit open-ended, so I'm hoping for a sequel.

I really like the art style of Earthlock. I almost picked it up a hundred times when it was the Festival of Magic version. I was a little confused about why it went away. Glad to see they decided to put it back in the oven and fix it. Interesting that it wasn't like a content patch instead of a rerelease. 

3 hours ago, BigHonkingOne said:

I really like the art style of Earthlock. I almost picked it up a hundred times when it was the Festival of Magic version. I was a little confused about why it went away. Glad to see they decided to put it back in the oven and fix it. Interesting that it wasn't like a content patch instead of a rerelease. 

There was SO much that changed between the versions. They explained why they couldn't just patch it here, and how it was actually a concern for them.