The Last TV Show You Saw?

DanielVT

One Last Time: An Evening with Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga

A very good lineup of classic songs in this one. Some of the setlist includes "Luck Be A Lady" and "Let's Do It" (Gaga solo), "Watch What Happens" and "Fly Me To The Moon" (Tony solo), "Anything Goes" and "The Lady Is A Tramp" (duet). Sadly this is Tony's final performance on stage, but they both put on a great show.

tony-bennett-and-lady-gaga-tv-concert-se

• Like 1

PressYourLuckLogo2019.pngPress Your Luck

Tonight's PYL episodes were reruns, but were worth watching a second time. The new ones start next Thursday. I'll be there. May somebody finally get that $1M prize.

Spoiler

The 10 PM episode was a downer ending. With $0 on the board, Michael won the front game by passing spins to Falawna so she'd get her 4th Whammy and lose. That happened, and sent Michael to the bonus round. He made it to the Big Bucks Bonanza, getting the His & Her Toyotas on the next-to-last spin. Not bad. What next? A Whammy on the very last spin. ? BOOOOOOO...! Bad Whammy.

The Orville - "A Tale of Two Topas" (Season 3, Episode 5).

And man, was it a tearjerker. Easily one of the best episodes in the entire series, which is encouraging, since this season has been somewhat disappointing so far.

3cLglVyP_o.png

• Like 2

6lHSN7rzkNZnkCFLw4JflPpZo60YSD.jpg?q=50& 

My gf and I have been watching The Boys on Amazon Prime, and we’re pretty much addicted at this point. Great humor and some clever political comedy that surprisingly hits the mark. Definitely not for everyone for sure, but I find it to be highly entertaining.

• Like 2

Finished Stranger things.

Honestly, the ending irritated the shit out of me. If no one makes a game or movie (preferably a full game title) about this series and pick up where it left off im going to cry about it till the end of my time.

Going to have to find something to put some feel good back in me. Terrible way to end a great series if there is no plan to make any more content.

Edit: So that wasnt the end apparently. Thank the 9 divines.

Edited by buckallmighty

12 hours ago, LeeReddersUk said:

Currently blitzing through Trailer Park Boys. Missed it when it was big and am ploughing through all the seasons like a greasy madman

cc3.jpg

There are a couple movies too. Swearnet was the last one i believe, but there are a few others i cant remember the names of.

• Like 1

GenerationGapLogo.png

Generation Gap (ABC) - A new game show produced by Jimmy Kimmel and starring Kelly Ripa. Two teams of a kid and their grandparent play various mini-games such as "Whaddaya Know?" (answer trivia questions relevant to both generations' times), "Who Am I?" (answer questions about a mystery guest, then guess who they are), and "Time Capsule" (like $100.000 Pyramid, describe a thing to your teammate to help them guess what it is without using any of the words in its name). Some of these were an abacus, an 8-track music cassette, and a Sony PSP. I liked this one.

Before that was the season premiere of Press Your Luck. Elizabeth Banks has always done a great job hosting this. Now there is a new space in the bonus game, Prize-a-Palooza, which gives you every bonus prize you see on the board. One of the Whammy's new skits shows him bowling. He gets a strike, but forgets to let go of the ball. The Wonder Woman parody returns from last season. PYL's announcer Neil Ross is one good voice actor... Ninja Gaiden's Murai, Doom 3's Sarge, Han Solo in some Star Wars games, Mass Effect's Codex narrator, and the Whammy.

The Final Straw (series premiere) - It's almost like a game show version of Jenga. Two teams alternate removing objects from a tower. If your move is "the final straw" that causes it to fall over, you lose. Towers have different themes. The winners take on the Mega Stack to try for $250.000. So far, not bad. One thing they should ditch is the tropey commercial break cliffhanger during a player's turn midway through a match. Finish the round, then go to break.

2022 Emmys Nominees | Drama Series

12046240_071222-cc-emmy-noms-full-vid.jp

Coincidently, I just started watching Succession and I'm really enjoying it. The dialogue is great.

Oh, and allow me to reaffirm:

Severance is an outstanding show that everyone should watch.

On 09/04/2022 at 7:39 AM, LastMinuteSavior said:

severance-apple-tv-plus.jpeg

It's smart, highly intriguing and very well made. Haven't watched anything so fresh in a while.

Absolutely recommended.

• Like 1