Favorite Final Fantasy Game?

Beyondthegrave07

#1   Final Fantasy VI (or for me in my young years, FF III)

#2   Final Fantasy II   (My best buddy and I would help each other through this game, so many memories)

#3   Final Fantasy VIII

#4   Final Fantasy XII   An epic game for the times IMO. I love the hell out of this game

#5   Final Fantasy IV   Just a great game.

Edited by jess1234567

As this was meant to be a top 3 list, I've come up with this list after some serious thought:

1. Final Fantasy IX

2. Final Fantasy VI

3. Dissidia Duodecim (if that doesn't count and only numbered main games count, then I would place Final Fantasy VIII here)

• 1 year later...

I prefer the older FF games (with exception to FFIX) from the NES & SNES days along with their remakes. FFVII, while I do like it, for me felt too easy and the translation was awful. FFVIII is broken if you play a certain way and I thought the plot was crap. X and XII killed my interest in new FF games altogether.

Edited by thepeaguy

Final Fantasy IX - My all-time favorite one in the series

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Zack is definitely one the coolest tragic hero protagonist ever.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 - I like them both because I can. And both of them are unique in their own way. Excluding "Tedious' " obsessive whining.  

Edited by DarkPirate2007

For me it was without a doubt Final Fantasy X. No game has ever came close to touching me the same way. Perhaps it's as much nostalgia now as it was the emotive plot but even now whenever I hear the To Zanarkand song I get goosebumps and a bitter sweet memory of how great the game was and how sad the song makes me feel.

In truth I doubt any game will ever come close to matching how much Final Fantasy X has both affected me and stuck with me. As crazy as it is I am sure in 10, 20 or even 30 years time I will still remember the game and it's hauntingly beautiful theme song.

• 7 months later...