Games you're NOT looking forward to achieving 100%/Platinum... but you'll do it anyway...

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Anyway, I'm blah blah blahing. Having finished Remember Me, the next one I'm not looking forward to is Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. For whatever reason, I despise the voice work in that game, and the control feels gummy.

Didn't like anything about TiT, except for the double plat. 

• Like 1

I probably would've said Omega Quintet and Dark Rose Valkyrie before i finished them. Anything like that where the game is fun, but there are a small number of trophies that require an extremely long and repetitive grind at the end to actually get the platinum.

Surprisingly The Guided Fate Paradox wasn't like this though. Once I started getting into it I always was doing something a little different or always felt like I was making progress, despite it taking me 200 hours and being a lot of grinding. 

Someday I'd like to actually do Mugen Souls, but I'm certainly not looking forward to that grind.

I kind of want to plat Super Heroine Chronicle because it has a bunch of characters I love, but its an SRPG. It's probably an at least medium grind (being a srpg) + not being able to understand much/anything makes it at least twice as bad lol.

Edited by lednatius

On 07/07/2017 at 10:38 PM, Leenewbe said:

i have 150 hrs in this game before the servers closed and i still have a load more to invest in it, i know its not going to be an easy one.

id honestly have to say that my rpg collection is something im not looking forward to 100%ing, mainly my jrpgs on my ps3 

ive got all the kingdom hearts games on ps3 

the ff 13 trilogy 

white knight chronicles 

star ocean 4

sacred 2 

resonance of fate

ni no kuni 

tales of symphonia, dawn of the new world, graces f and xillia 

rune factory oceans 

persona 4

its mainly due to the time needed to plat them and i just don't feel like grinding rpgs atm.

Out of the FFXIII trilogy, it's just XIII thats a pain but the other two are very easy. I got the plat in 50 hours for each, and it was very easy without any particularly frustrating trophies like the treasure hunter in XIII had, especially LR. Same with Tales of Xillia, it's the easiest tales series plat and took me about 47 hours, although Xillia 2 is quite long and grindy.

I agree with Graces F and Symphonia, I just the plat in graces but it took really long and was annoying with all the puzzles and farming for inn requests. I didn't bother with Symphonia as it needs 5 playthrough's, it's one of the plats that I dread, same with persona 4 golden. 

3 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Out of the FFXIII trilogy, it's just XIII thats a pain but the other two are very easy. I got the plat in 50 hours for each, and it was very easy without any particularly frustrating trophies like the treasure hunter in XIII had, especially LR. Same with Tales of Xillia, it's the easiest tales series plat and took me about 47 hours, although Xillia 2 is quite long and grindy.

I agree with Graces F and Symphonia, I just the plat in graces but it took really long and was annoying with all the puzzles and farming for inn requests. I didn't bother with Symphonia as it needs 5 playthrough's, it's one of the plats that I dread, same with persona 4 golden. 

good to know its ff13 just holding me back on completing those then, i'm at the end of ff13 and its the grind im not interested in doing at the moment. unfortunately i keep adding more rpgs to my backlog. ie, i've just picked up the ffx games again but for ps4 now.

Edited by Leenewbe

12 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Yeah, don't walk around on the map. It's counter-intuitive, but the simplest way to progress in Atelier Totori is just to do rote errands for months, and then buff up near the end.

I hated that game.

It's a shame because I played and platted Rorona Plus first and I really liked that game. Maybe it's because I played the PS3 Totori, but everything just felt much weaker than in Rorona Plus. Oh well.

The game that comes to mind for me is Skyrim. I attempted the plat/100% a few years ago now, but I screwed up and missed the trophy for getting all of the daedric artifacts. I say that I screwed up, but that trophy is pretty bullshit if I'm honest. :P Even before that happened, I was bored to tears, but I decided to I was going to slog through it and get the trophies since I already bought the game. Well, the thought of having to restart my playthrough to get one trophy was too much for me to handle, so I decided to dump the game and come back to it later. Two years into the future and I still haven't brought myself to do it, but that 100% will be mine one day. :devil:

Eh been considering chipping away at Kingdom Hearts II. Is one of my favorite games so would like to have the plat but i loathe even the mandatory gummi segments and theres optional ones required so always put it off til the end and then just end up shelving it after the rest is done. Still not set on doing it but i might eventually. Not looking forward to seeing what will likely keep me from III's plat.

10 hours ago, Xillia said:

It's a shame because I played and platted Rorona Plus first and I really liked that game. Maybe it's because I played the PS3 Totori, but everything just felt much weaker than in Rorona Plus. Oh well.

I didn't play Rorona+, but Rorona was quite good. Totori just didn't hold up for me.

21 hours ago, audiopile said:

Didn't like anything about TiT, except for the double plat. 

Well, I can't wait to play it again! ?

Right now I'm struglling with Attack on Titan: Wings of Freedom, achieving 100% completion is hell.

There are so many materials and pieces of equipment  Im having a hard time just figuring out where to even start, not  to mention how much of a grind it is and how tired of the gameplay I am...

On 7/9/2017 at 2:57 AM, YROSHIKU said:

Rainbow Six Siege - I'm simply terrible at it.

i was terrible at it too and managed the platinum.  It was very satisfying getting the 4 kill related multiplayer trophies though for the barb wire, breach charge kill, nitro cell kills, and flash bang kills. This game involves a lot of skill and the multiplayer community is pretty skilled at it.  Knowing the maps is difficult and takes time. Fortunately, you don't have to know the maps you just have to know some places to get the kills you need.  The breach charge doesn't work on the barricaded doors as well as it works on some of the walls that are paper thin.  Try setting up a breach charge on one of the walls in the airplane and shoot some holes in one of those thin walls,  It will draw people over and when you see them pass by you got them.  The nitro cell has a great place to farm in the airplane as well.  its on the middle floor toward the back in a room that looks like a little prep area for the wait staff.  place your nitro in the corner by the door toward the back and then hide against the wall.  when they walk through they will pass right by your charge with their back to you.  Detonate the charge.  you can often times get two for one in this spot. Use the guy with the flash on his shield for flash bang kills as it counts.  buck and his shotgun attachment is the 2nd best method for flashing kills.  There is a great method for farming penetration kills on the internet it is in the room in the airplane with the mattress flipped on its side and you just stand behind the mattress and shoot at the corner as all the enemy spawn and come down the hall way.  with a little practice you can get 15 20 penetration kills a match there.  while doing so you can get defend mode wins, kills, and headshots, as well.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2017 at 10:53 PM, steel6burgh said:

i was terrible at it too and managed the platinum.  It was very satisfying getting the 4 kill related multiplayer trophies though for the barb wire, breach charge kill, nitro cell kills, and flash bang kills. This game involves a lot of skill and the multiplayer community is pretty skilled at it.  Knowing the maps is difficult and takes time. Fortunately, you don't have to know the maps you just have to know some places to get the kills you need.  The breach charge doesn't work on the barricaded doors as well as it works on some of the walls that are paper thin.  Try setting up a breach charge on one of the walls in the airplane and shoot some holes in one of those thin walls,  It will draw people over and when you see them pass by you got them.  The nitro cell has a great place to farm in the airplane as well.  its on the middle floor toward the back in a room that looks like a little prep area for the wait staff.  place your nitro in the corner by the door toward the back and then hide against the wall.  when they walk through they will pass right by your charge with their back to you.  Detonate the charge.  you can often times get two for one in this spot. Use the guy with the flash on his shield for flash bang kills as it counts.  buck and his shotgun attachment is the 2nd best method for flashing kills.  There is a great method for farming penetration kills on the internet it is in the room in the airplane with the mattress flipped on its side and you just stand behind the mattress and shoot at the corner as all the enemy spawn and come down the hall way.  with a little practice you can get 15 20 penetration kills a match there.  while doing so you can get defend mode wins, kills, and headshots, as well.  Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for the tips and for encouragement :)! I'll definitely give it a try!

I've told myself I can't start another new game until I 100%/plat the game I'm currently playing as I have too many unfinished. That game is Nex Machina and man am I struggling. Just finished arcade mode on experienced after many hours worth of attempts and about 20 continues used. The 2 hardest trophies of the game are still to come... Complete arcade mode on veteran (enemies move noticeably faster and you have a maximum of 10 continues). And complete arcade mode on experienced, no continues. Many more hours to come giting gud I think. Luckily it's fun to play and gorgeous to look at.

On 7/19/2017 at 1:26 PM, hotdog_president said:

I haven't started it yet, but I plan on 100%ing  Batman: Arkham Knight... those last two trophies in the final DLC look like hell, but I'm gonna do it!

Also, I'm gonna get Shadow of Mordor completed to 100% as well. Those two test trophies don't look fun though...

Batman took several hours of practice. I found that Evading the enemies works much better than simply Counter. Half the time I used Counter someone hit me because Batman doesn't like to always register that move. For Iceberg Lounge use Disarm & Destroy, keep the Medics around so the Brutes won't spawn as quickly. Use Evade, it's your best friend.

Oh man I'm both excited and apprehensive about my future date with Bloodborne. I'm absolutely in love with the lore and game it's just...well it's a from software game. But that's for my big mile stone.

Other games though would be the other Alterier Arland series (totori and meruru) only because I played the original Rorona and had no idea bout the plus versions so I recycled multiple times for the last few months for all the endings cause they didn't stack in the original like they do in plus. Such a grind! But now since I had the mindset that if I did rorona originally the other two should be done in the original forms.

Also another would be El Shaddai mainly because I hear the getting platinum rankings on stages can be a real challenge.

Dungeon Travelers 2, I guess. It's not hard at all, I'm only missing one trophy and I'm enjoying the game... but killing 20.000 monsters is a bit of a grind, to say the least. Considering I took my sweet time going through the main game, went through two dungeons in the postgame and only then did the in-game award for 10.000 kills pop... woo. Ah well. If I could stand Star Ocean 4 I can stand this.